Hornady powder measure

jaywaptijaywapti Senior MemberPosts: 4,506 Senior Member
I'm need a new powder measure, thinking about Hornady's Lock-N-load auto charge powder dispenser, anyone use it, opinions please.

JAY
THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    jaywapti wrote: »
    I'm need a new powder measure, thinking about Hornady's Lock-N-load auto charge powder dispenser, anyone use it, opinions please.

JAY

Nope, I use a newer Lee Drum (leaps and bounds ahead and better than the Disc Cavities thingy) for my Turret Press for handgun reloading and an RCBS Uniflow or Lyman DPS 1200 digital dispenser for rifle loads.

Hornady makes good stuff, so it should be a good choice.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,506 Senior Member

JAY

Also looking at Lyman's Gen6 compact touch, any thoughts ??

JAY
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,327 Senior Member
    A buddy has the Hornady. Works fine. His occasionally runs too quick and overcharges. But his is also an older one. Not sure if they've corrected that with programming. They have one in the bargain cave at Cabelas here for $200.

I have the RCBS Chargemaster. Personally, I'd spend the little extra and go with it. Great powder measure. And they are programmable, if someone had the desire and a little know how. I haven't touched mine. Works perfectly. Maybe a little slow sometimes, but it's spot on every time.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,798 Senior Member
    Also looking at Lyman's Gen6 compact touch, any thoughts ??

JAY

I have one and like it. It can be a bit finicky during setup but I cannot compare it to anything else. When I use it, it measures powder as fast as I can load rounds comfortably. It makes loading rifle rounds quick, easy and accurate. I also use it to sort my bullets prior to loading.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,834 Senior Member
    I have the RCBS Charge Master. Never tried any other electronic so I can't compare. It works.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,506 Senior Member
    I ended up getting the Lyman Gen-6, it has all the features I need and the price was much less than the Hornady or other makes, got it from Cabelas for $210.00 no shipping charge and used my points so it cost me nothing.

JAY
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    I inherited a Lyman DPS 1200 with some kinda upgrade, it works very well when I use it. Yours should throw on the $$$$.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!