Wow! could The Hill. Be disclosing the truth?

sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior MemberPosts: 1,585 Senior Member
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fbi-watched-then-acted-as-russian-spy-moved-closer-to-hillary-clinton/ar-AAtUqMg?li=BBnb7Kz

I'm confused by this article. The "super patriot" Clintons colluded with the Russians for mere money! It can't be true (sarcasm).

Replies

• john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    It's all about money and power.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,623 Senior Member
    I think the purpose of this article is part of setting the groundwork for portraying the Clintons as victims of Russian 'attempts' to gain favor. Lawyers with guilty clients typically want to get out in front of accusations so they can spin them before the real evidence starts coming in. They repeatedly say that the Clintons did nothing illegal. I think we can expect each bundle of money the Clintons received to be explained away as perfectly innocent, along with accompanying outrage from all of the usual suspects.

We can expect the mainstream media to rally to the cause, just as soon as they can think up some BS excuses. The simple questions, like how did a deal to sell Russia uranium benefit the interests of the United States, will never be asked.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,676 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    I think the purpose of this article is part of setting the groundwork for portraying the Clintons as victims of Russian 'attempts' to gain favor. Lawyers with guilty clients typically want to get out in front of accusations so they can spin them before the real evidence starts coming in. They repeatedly say that the Clintons did nothing illegal. I think we can expect each bundle of money the Clintons received to be explained away as perfectly innocent, along with accompanying outrage from all of the usual suspects.

We can expect the mainstream media to rally to the cause, just as soon as they can think up some BS excuses. The simple questions, like how did a deal to sell Russia uranium benefit the interests of the United States, will never be asked.

Seems about right. The Clintons care about two things. Money and power and are experts at wielding each to aquire the other.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,592 Senior Member
    This actually was on the news in Italy
    My Italian sucks but from what i could make out they basically think our politicians are more crooked than their own.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,585 Senior Member

Of course the poor Clintons were innocent victims. They were threatened by the evil Russians. Even though the threats were to withdraw the money offers they are still technically threats. Right?
    Diver43 wrote: »
    This actually was on the news in Italy
    My Italian sucks but from what i could make out they basically think our politicians are more crooked than their own.
    That is quite an accomplishment. Is their next goal Mexican politicians?
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    That is quite an accomplishment. Is their next goal Mexican politicians?

You probably think that your last remark is slightly absurd. But, really, when you look at the world history of radical left wing politics, we seem to be approaching that point at which many different groups of people believe that 'the end justifies the means,' where social justice is concerned. Really, we are not that far removed from domestic terrorism coming from the left...even though they keep pretending to be worried about right wing extremists.
    You probably think that your last remark is slightly absurd. But, really, when you look at the world history of radical left wing politics, we seem to be approaching that point at which many different groups of people believe that 'the end justifies the means,' where social justice is concerned. Really, we are not that far removed from domestic terrorism coming from the left...even though they keep pretending to be worried about right wing extremists.
    The governments of Italy (to some extent) and Mexico (much more) are more overtly corrupt than the USA. They have generations of citizens in the "that's the way it is" mode. There are dissidents but they have little effect on the status quo. Our government/politician corruption is by necessity covert as the politicians can be held accountable and more easily be removed from office by vote or impeachment. With our current accusations and investigations I can see were Italians following or mainstream news could come to the conclusion that our government/politicians are more corrupt than theirs. They may be correct but we will probably never know. With ANTIFA practicing overt domestic terrorism coming from the left I'm at least hoping many peaceful Democrats will rethink their political ideals. Several of my longtime Democrat friends are.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,960 Senior Member
    ANTIFA and a few other loony left groups are preparing for a major demonstration that starts Nov. 4th, and will end when the 'Fascist Regime' now in power is ousted from the White House. Austin, TX, San Francisco, CA, Chicago, IL, and New York City are among the big ones they plan to hold their demonstrations. Usual liberal 'centers of enlightenment, in other words.

Why doesn't ANTIFA demonstrate out here in the boonies? :uhm:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,973 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »

Because they know we have guns, ammo, shovels and we know where to bury stuff..
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,640 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »

Shovels? Some of us have backhoes 👍🏼
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,084 Senior Member
    The answer to this question:
    tennmike wrote: »

...is neither of these.
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Shovels? Some of us have backhoes 

It's more a lack of proper infrastructure.

By that I mean a lack of Starbucks or any sorta commercialized coffee shop chains that will make you an organic, slave-free vegan triple venti coffee drink made with locally-sourced honey.
    Also there's no wi-fi.
    Overkill is underrated.
    The answer to this question:

...is neither of these.

It's more a lack of proper infrastructure.

By that I mean a lack of Starbucks or any sorta commercialized coffee shop chains that will make you an organic, slave-free vegan triple venti coffee drink made with locally-sourced honey.
    Also there's no wi-fi.
    And no people and even less power. Let's see protest in cities with millions of people and the vast majority of money and power or with hundreds of people and little of the rest.

The only reason liberals gather in the sticks is to burn giant strawmen.

ca2984bd6d9714587ad5b2832c2f84a2.jpg
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,960 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Shovels? Some of us have backhoes ����

I got a 40 foot deep X 60 foot diameter sink hole, and a bulldozer.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

And no people and even less power. Let's see protest in cities with millions of people and the vast majority of money and power or with hundreds of people and little of the rest.

The only reason liberals gather in the sticks is to burn giant strawmen.

ca2984bd6d9714587ad5b2832c2f84a2.jpg

That is very funny! Learning to laugh at yourself is the first sign of recovery.
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    I have heard recordings of both Bill and Hill speeches. The thoughts they expressed were not original and those thoughts were delivered with absolutely zero dramatic or comedic flair. If the people weren't buying a good speech then what were they buying? Or as we used to say in Texas. A cowboy went to town and wanted to spend some time with a "sporting girl." He asked her why she had a purse full of rocks. She said, "I will only have sex with you if you buy one of my rocks." He said, "Ok how much is sex and how much is a rock?" "Oh sex is free and the rock costs $500." If what you supposedly bought isn't worth the money then you're probably buying something else.
    Dr. db wrote: »
    I have heard recordings of both Bill and Hill speeches. The thoughts they expressed were not original and those thoughts were delivered with absolutely zero dramatic or comedic flair. If the people weren't buying a good speech then what were they buying? Or as we used to say in Texas. A cowboy went to town and wanted to spend some time with a "sporting girl." He asked her why she had a purse full of rocks. She said, "I will only have sex with you if you buy one of my rocks." He said, "Ok how much is sex and how much is a rock?" "Oh sex is free and the rock costs $500." If what you supposedly bought isn't worth the money then you're probably buying something else.
    Along a similar vein, have you ever read a politician's book?

No one has! Ever notice how every single presidential candidate no matter how low their pole number are has "written" a book? Ever notice the size of the book advances?
    -DoctorWho