Home Main Category Clubhouse

Another sad day in Rock n Roll

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberPosts: 12,188 Senior Member
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/malcolm-young-acdc-guitarist-and-co-founder-dead-at-64-w512164

Malcolm Young guitarist and co founder of AC/DC gone at 64
Sadly, he had been suffering from dementia for a few years.
That band in heaven keeps getting better and better
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/malcolm-young-acdc-guitarist-and-co-founder-dead-at-64-w512164

Malcolm Young guitarist and co founder of AC/DC gone at 64
    Sadly, he had been suffering from dementia for a few years.
    That band in heaven keeps getting better and better

Guess I'm a little old, I didn't keep up with that band. Anything newer than the Bee Gees is pushing my knowledge level.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,388 Senior Member
    We salute you . . .FIRE! :usa:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Malcolm Young is on the "Hiiiiiighway to Hell."
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Guess I'm a little old, I didn't keep up with that band. Anything newer than the Bee Gees is pushing my knowledge level.

You were not enough of a metal head.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    Although their band was started in 1973, I never heard of them until around 1980. "Dirty Deeds" was my introduction and there were a few other tunes of theirs I liked. "Thunderstruck" is my all time favorite, and "It's a long way to the top" runs a close second.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Not real a fan of AC/DC, but liked a couple songs on the radio, Dirty Deed/Thunder Chief.......is one.

:angel2: :angel2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,435 Senior Member
    My youngest son once said "dad, if you pay attention when an AC/DC song comes on the radio, without giving thought folks natural tendency is to reach for the volume control and turn it up"! My son is correct! Rest in peace Malcolm and thanks for some great music!:angel2:
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Malcolm Young was a really good guitarist, and I really like the band AC/DC. Some really good early metal band music that I enjoyed a LOT back then, and still do.
    RIP Malcolm. :angel2:

Thunderstruck
    Back in Black
    You Shook Me All Night Long
    Hells Bells
    TNT
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    Who Made Who

and a lot of other good tunes to listen to, drive by, and kick back with a cold beverage and crank up the volume.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,513 Senior Member
    Played a few of their songs in my band, fun stuff and people love it!! RIP Malcolm, rock on!!
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,746 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    RIP and thanks for the music

It would've made a hell of a tribute if that Navy pilot would've just waited one day. You know the song.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Sad news; they overcame the sudden death of Bon Scott, the original singer, with great talent and grew even bigger. Got the girls dancing to "It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock & roll" on our way to the pre-school today and all they wanted was me to crank the volume higher! :cool2:

Was watching on YouTube the gig they played live in Argentina a few years ago...man, talk about a responsive crowd!