Home Main Category General Firearms

ATN X-Sight II day/night scope with external power kit for $479

JayJay Senior MemberPosts: 3,827 Senior Member
At Optics Planet. With free shipping. I just ordered one. Just thought I'd pass it along in case anyone was interested. I know one or two guys here have an X-sight. I have been wanting one and was hoping Santa might help me out this year. But I beat him to it. I've been finding these scopes for right around $530 on Amazon WITHOUT the external power supply kit. The power supply kit tends to be about a $100 upgrade. So going from about $600 down to $479 was a no brainer.

Just a little toy I've been wanting to play with. Now, if Midway would just get the 6x45 AR barrels back in stock, my AR will be close to completing it's transformation..... The same barrels they have on sale right now, but don't have in stock and won't allow backorder.... :bang: Other pieces and parts I'll be looking for to complete the AR transformation; a new stock, Harris bipod and a better IR illuminator for the scope. Maybe have some hog and coyote medicine before too long. :guns:

ETA - The OP sale is for the 3-14x scope. Cabelas sells this scope with the external battery for $599. Wouldn't have minded having the 5-20x, but I'll take what I can get for the price.

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,075 Senior Member
    That is a great deal.

I have the original X-Sight, and it is super fun to play with
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,827 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    That is a great deal.

I have the original X-Sight, and it is super fun to play with

I remembered that. Couldn't remember if yours was the first model or second.

The AR I'm putting it on will pretty much become a varmint gun and mostly a play toy. I'll be swapping the barrel for a 6x45 barrel as soon as I can snag one from Midway. Might be a while. But once I get going, I'll work up a 6x45 load, put all the ballistics info into the scope and see what it can do. I'll also be getting one of ATN's rangefinders. The 1500 model. When connected to the scope via Bluetooth, the scope makes automatic elevation corrections for the distance shown by the rangefinder based on the ballistic info entered in the scope profile. And the X-sight II allows for up to 6 different profiles. So different loads or swapping the scope do a different gun will automatically have the scope on target just by selecting the correct profile.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Cool, Smart Scopes... range finding, ballistic calculations and you can take videos of your shots.

Optics Planet has some great deals, gotta keep your eyes peeled. They can fluctuate from day to day there too. For example, that RCBS Universal Case Prep Center went from $338 ($238 with RCBS rebate) to way over $400 the next day. Now $374.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,827 Senior Member
    The scope mentioned in the original post is being sold as one of Optic Planet's "OPMOD" items. Apparently, the "OPMOD" includes a logo on the scope, and it comes with a 10,000 mAh battery pack instead of the 20,000 that ATN provides with their normal kit. Oh well. I have other ideas for external power options as well....