Home Main Category General Firearms

Is it April 1st? Marlin 336 MLOK fore end

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 11,008 Senior Member
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,532 Senior Member
    I’m in love.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    It actually looks ok on the stainless steel. As long its not clutterd with too much tactijunk.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,759 Senior Member
    Not really in my wheelhouse....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,536 Senior Member
    I’m a fan of this for the intended hunting application. Especially hunting porkers in the dark.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,703 Senior Member
    Not the most terrible thing I've ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Still better than the quad rail Mossberg. I can dig it.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,532 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    I’m a fan of this for the intended hunting application. Especially hunting porkers in the dark.

This.

If if it is not cost prohibitive........I may be interested.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,291 Senior Member

That particular application would be better served with a 12 ga. belt fed MG loaded with 00 buckshot. :tooth:

I hate the looks of that lever action rifle. It personifies the term 'ugly firearm'. :roll2:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    Definitely not for me. If I want an AR I'll get an AR. I have one lever gun and I love the looks, an 1894 AE Winchester, and it's going to keep looking like a sleek ol' Winchester as long as I own it. I can't see any benefit from it on a lever gun.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member

I used to hunt porkers in the dark but that just required alcohol and low standards.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,350 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Definitely not for me. If I want an AR I'll get an AR. I have one lever gun and I love the looks, an 1894 AE Winchester, and it's going to keep looking like a sleek ol' Winchester as long as I own it. I can't see any benefit from it on a lever gun.

For some of us, that isn’t an option. Luckily for me, I will be moving to a free state soon.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Not the most terrible thing I've ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add a Magpul adjustable stock to that along with a tactical rail and a red dot sight and it just could be.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I'm a bigger levergun fan than most of the folks here and own several but I prefer them to stay traditional. That thing is ugly as a mud fence.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    I'm a bigger levergun fan than most of the folks here and own several but I prefer them to stay traditional. That thing is ugly as a mud fence.

:win: :win:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,761 Senior Member
    I used to hunt porkers in the dark but that just required alcohol and low standards.

I think rifle sets an even lower standard, and more alcohol!!