Home Main Category Clubhouse

Christmas songs you DESPISE...

Replies

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,232 Senior Member
    Mama Got Runned Over by a Reindeer, Chipmunks, Blue Christmas, Jingle Bell Rock, Little Drummer Boy, "Do you hear what I hear."

I like Sleigh Ride and Walking in a Winter Wonderland. I'm not anti-religious, don't know why I don't like the Christian ones I mentioned. I guess I've got a tin ear. Or maybe I've heard them too often. I mean the choices are limited.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,467 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    "Do you hear what I hear."
    One of my all time favorites!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,166 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Mama Got Runned Over by a Reindeer, Chipmunks, Blue Christmas, Jingle Bell Rock, Little Drummer Boy, "Do you hear what I hear."

I like Sleigh Ride and Walking in a Winter Wonderland. I'm not anti-religious, don't know why I don't like the Christian ones I mentioned. I guess I've got a tin ear. Or maybe I've heard them too often. I mean the choices are limited.
    You don't have a tin ear Gene. Those songs just suck.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    What's wrong with The Little Drummer Boy. I always liked that 30 minute cartoon as kid.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,744 Senior Member
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,591 Senior Member
    The one I REALLY LIKE is Father Christmas by Greg Lake
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I generally don't mind any in MODERATION, except I can do without this one over once a year...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xam01uaj6Vg
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,632 Senior Member
    I think I need to compose a song written from the viewpoint of the horse pulling the "one-horse open sleigh":

"It's ten degrees out, and these #&$*ing yahoos want to go for a #&$*ing joy ride. I've got to pull these idiots around BY MYSELF! For once, I'm glad I'm a gelding, otherwise I'd be FREEZING MY NUTS OFF!"
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,596 Senior Member
    Trotting through the snow
    Pulling a **** sleigh
    These stupid people wont stay in when its 10 degrees to-day

Oh icy hooves, frozen nose, penis is frostbit
    I still have to pull ass holes and they dont give a sh..
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,978 Senior Member
    Trotting through the snow,
    while I'm pulling this damned sleigh.
    Don't these people know,
    It's cold out here today.

They had to bob my tail
    why? I do not know.
    I wish that I could talk
    So I could tell them where to go

Stay inside, stay inside
    it's cold out here today.
    Why don't we go home
    so you can stay inside and play, OH!

Stay inside, stay inside
    it's cold out here today.
    Why don't we go home
    so you can stay inside and play
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

NN wrote: »
    On the 5th I get hearing aides
    :yikes:

I guess I can just turn them off.

Will them Ear Trumpets fit under that big hat of yourins? :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,933 Senior Member
    There's a local choir of boys called "Los Toribianitos" that back in the '70s recorded a LP with many Xmas songs (In Spanish of course) but apparently someone screwed the mixing/recording process and they sing in an abnormal high tune. Since then it has been the mandatory ambient music in every store, restaurant or public office, playing 24-7 the whole month; add to that the fact that although in digital format, the poor quality of the original recording with all the pops and crackles remain, so after a few minutes in any place you want to put a power drill to your temple.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,568 Senior Member
    For me, it's anything chipmunks and that stupid John Lennon song "So this is Christmas (War is Over)".
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Jingle bells by the Beach Boys....they should stick to surfin' ****.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,467 Senior Member
    rberglof wrote: »

You vill report to ze parade ground at precisely 0800 tomorrow for your public execution! :jester:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,744 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    You vill report to ze parade ground at precisely 0800 tomorrow for your public execution! :jester:

Had to click on it didn't you.:jester:
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,647 Senior Member
    Jingle bells by the Beach Boys....they should stick to surfin' ****.
    Ya know only one of the Beach Boys knew how to surf....

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Overkill is underrated.
    Here are some oldies, but goodies....................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meZtkzP1fA8
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,983 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    All of them!

:agree::that:

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,807 Senior Member
    I hesitate to mention it since everyone seems to have been able to purge it from their memories, but...remember the barking dog doing Jingle Bells.

I like Mannheim Steamroller, Gene Autry, and Burl Ives at Christmas. Maybe even a little Tennessee Ernie Ford, if I'm s***faced, and overcome with nostalgia.
    Now that we've gotten around to it, isn't a "one-horse-open slay" a technique for stopping a cavalry charge with a two-handed greatsword?
    WWJMBD?

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,533 Senior Member
    if you ever want to ruin 'Carol of the Bells' for yourself (seriously, I mean, years later, you will hear Carol of the Bells, and this will pop into your head), go to youtube and search of "original ding fries are done"
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    All of them!

Came here to say this. I really really really dislike Christmas.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    if you ever want to ruin 'Carol of the Bells' for yourself (seriously, I mean, years later, you will hear Carol of the Bells, and this will pop into your head), go to youtube and search of "original ding fries are done"

Hark, hear the bells
    Oy with the bells
    Stop with the bells
    Enough with the bells!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Hark! The herald angels shout
    Two more beers, and I'll be out.
    WWJMBD?

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,978 Senior Member
    During the 2.5 hour drive home through the fog tonight (Normally a 2.0 hour drive) Heard another one that I had blocked from my mind..
    "All I want for Christmas is you" I THINK it was Mariah Carey:head::vomit:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,346 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    cpj wrote: »
    Those guys are one of the most talented bunch of musicians ever assembled. And not for that excellent bell ringing routine

2nd best concert I've ever been to..........
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,533 Senior Member
    Time to resurrect this thread
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov