Home Main Category Personal Defense

Milt Sparks Watch Six, anyone have one?

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberPosts: 5,862 Senior Member
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Milt Sparks Watch Six. It appears to basically be the same thing as the Versa-Max but with lower quality materials and less hand finishing (not hand boned, etc).

I'm tempted to try one, but I'm not sure I'm saving enough money to justify not going with the Versa Max.

http://www.miltsparks.com/Watch_Six.htm

It's basically this:
WS1_large.JPG

As opposed to this:
VM-2_large.jpg

Either would be an upgrade from my Bianchi 3S. I like it, but there are some things about it I don't like (thumb break, single belt loop, poorly finished inside).
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski

Replies

• WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    I use a VM11 I don't know much about holsters but I like it

IMG_0123-1.jpg
  • scarfacescarface Member Posts: 263 Member
    I am very happy with my VMII, and if the price difference is not significant, then go with the VMII. My VMII is 4.5 years old and still looks great!
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    I have a Executive Companion for my Colt Lt. Wt. Ofc. model and a Summer Special for my Colt Govt. Model. I also have a 55 BN for my Ofc. Model I use for cross draw, that works great. I wear the Exec. Comp. frequently and find it very comfortable and would recommend you also consider it. I also have two other holsters for my Ruger Speed Six I carry and one of his belts. I have been very satisfied with the quality and performance of his products.
    SS3,

From the Milt Sparks website it is only a $25 difference in price. With that in mind, I would spend the extra cash and buy a Versa Max. What type of handgun are you using with this holster? You should treat yourself to the very best!
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,862 Senior Member
    Noted. For now I'm carrying a Government sized (5") 1911-style. However, I may be switching to anything from a Glock, to a CZ-75, to a 4.25" 1911 this year. I may hold off for a bit with that in mind.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    SS3,

Here is another option if you want a custom leather holster: http://www.rgrizzleleather.com/morephotos.html

I have some handguns that are in need of new holsters, and I am planning on having some custom holsters made by R Grizzle. His workmanship looks outstanding, and he does not have a 6 month wait list for a new holster. We have exchanged some emails, and he gave me some unique ideas for holsters and listed his prices for the custom options he offers.