Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

DHS preparing to arrest leaders of sanctuary cities

roadkingroadking Senior MemberPosts: 3,056 Senior Member
OH PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!

"Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen confirmed Tuesday that her department has asked federal prosecutors to see if they can lodge criminal charges against sanctuary cities that refuse to cooperate with federal deportation efforts.

“The Department of Justice is reviewing what avenues may be available,” Ms. Nielsen told the Senate Judiciary Committee."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/16/dhs-asks-prosecutors-charge-sanctuary-city-leaders/
Support your local Scouts!

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Sweet! Do it, do it, do it!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    If they are breaking the law, arrest and prosecute their butts. Public officials (especially) shouldn't be above the law.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Yay.

It would be nice to see someone in government actually prosecuted. We have endless investigations that never result in anything but low level party apparatchik getting slapped on the wrist. Hell, Democrats never even get fired, much less jailed.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    Oh, yeah!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,887 Senior Member
    I hate to say it, but this...
    roadking wrote: »

"Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen confirmed Tuesday that her department has asked federal prosecutors to see if they can lodge criminal charges against sanctuary cities that refuse to cooperate with federal deportation efforts.

“The Department of Justice is reviewing what avenues may be available,” Ms. Nielsen told the Senate Judiciary Committee."
    ... is a looooong way from actual arrests. They can find a myriad number of reasons why they can't file charges. To me this reads like they're looking into possible options...
    I'm just here for snark.
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Ninth circuit will stop any Federal (conservative) enforcement!
    pjames777 wrote: »
    Ninth circuit will stop any Federal (conservative) enforcement!

Arrest the 9th Circus court judges, too.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    There is a God after all! Can we make them political extremists and send them to Guantanamo? I would love to waterboard a few of them.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Some time the linky no workey...here it is direct from Drudge...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/16/dhs-asks-prosecutors-charge-sanctuary-city-leaders/
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    Does this mean they would arrest the Governor of California since he declared CA a sanctuary state?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,037 Senior Member
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!

I've been saying this for over a year now!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Does this mean they would arrest the Governor of California since he declared CA a sanctuary state?

Have to arrest the majority of the legislature as they voted to pass than mess, too. That would be interesting!
    ― Douglas Adams
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    I'm hoping to buckle up and enjoy the ride...but have my doubts.

Still, 'tho, it put a smile on my face.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    I certainly hope they will. I feel like it will be like all the others, lots of talk with no actions.
    I certainly hope they will. I feel like it will be like all the others, lots of talk with no actions.

Unfortunately, you're probably right. Nobody's got the balls to stand up for what's right anymore...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    They will probably run into the same thing that they did when the Gun Control Act of 1968 was passed. County sheriffs and even some state police organizations refused to enforce it, and challenged the Feds to prove that they were obligated to enforce federal laws. Oklahoma and Texas have never enforced it, to my knowledge. Of course, in this case, if the Feds decide to enforce it, they will be sending federal marshals to make the arrests, anyway.
    According to Greg Jarrett (Attorney) of FOX News, the Federal government can prosecute those that violate the immigration statutes.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Please don't forget his little sister in Oregon.
    According to Greg Jarrett (Attorney) of FOX News, the Federal government can prosecute those that violate the immigration statutes.

I'd string 'em up on obstruction of Justice too.

)O(
    zorba wrote: »
    I'd string 'em up on obstruction of Justice too.

Whatever they can charge those scummy scoff-laws with, I'm in favor of it.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT: