Government Shutdown

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,604 Senior Member
    They need to shut it all down. This kick the can down the road is bullcrap. All this bullcrap over ILLEGAL ALIENS is driving me nuts.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,996 Senior Member
    But muelers investigation will continue
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,323 Senior Member
    A Statesman is a politician that has been dead around five years. Long enough for the sins they committed to die down in the public eye. I propose that ALL Congress members do the right thing and begin the path to Statesman, or Stateswoman, IMMEDIATELY! Do it for the Country, do it for Posterity!!!! Do it for the children!!!

And the worm turns again. The Demorats want to bring 'earmarks' back to fund expen$$$ive boondoggles. Sounds like blackmail to me.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,960 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    They need to shut it all down. This kick the can down the road is bullcrap. All this bullcrap over ILLEGAL ALIENS is driving me nuts.

Me too.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
    And now for something completely different, yet related.

attachment.php?attachmentid=11424&d=1516494441

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,726 Senior Member
    A friend asked a good question: if the government is shut down, we pay no taxes, right?

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,663 Senior Member
    That would only matter if their real pay came from thier paychecks. You think any of them become millionaires collecting a paycheck? Sure $175k is nice but DC is expensive and they all have to maintain two households. No thier real pay comes from their real employers, their big donors and lobbyists. Citizens and voters don't matter except for a few months during election years.

They also have access to insider information from government enterprises. The kind of information that can turn a few hundred thousand dollars into a few million.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    A friend asked a good question: if the government is shut down, we pay no taxes, right?

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Makes since to me. No taxes for everyday it's shutdown.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,591 Senior Member
    In my world it could be shut down for a year & I wouldn't notice it at all.
    Calling it a budget is a joke.... It is just how much more can we screw people out of & give it away to people that didn't work for it & see how much richer they can get doing this.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    This is the most hay ever made on a January Sunday in the history of political agriculture. :buff2:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    Two of the three "Boxes" Frederic Douglass wrote about are broken and no longer effective. How long will it be before we have to open up the third one?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,246 Senior Member
    Two things that the president should do:

Shut off the electricity to the Senate office building

and

sequester the senate at Andrews AFB until they get the country running again
    this has been done before.
    This message has been deleted
    Back during the Revolutionary War, troops got up a pretty convincing mutiny over not being paid for a while. Might be time for them to do that again. If they did, I bet they'd have more help than they could stir with a stick!

Congress is working tirelessly to solve this problem, the senate will vote at 0100 Monday on this.

Great timing, Hey.
    This has turned into a "FAKE SHUTDOWN" Museums in DC are open, Statue of Liberty is open, at my wife's office inspectors and agents are working, of course the Military is working. This wont hurt the average American at all, politicians are scared to death of making people uncomfortable. Bet those EBT cards will have their money in the account too.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,085 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    This has turned into a "FAKE SHUTDOWN" Museums in DC are open, Statue of Liberty is open, at my wife's office inspectors and agents are working, of course the Military is working. This wont hurt the average American at all, politicians are scared to death of making people uncomfortable. Bet those EBT cards will have their money in the account too.
    Well until all those people don't get their paychecks on Friday
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    Diver43 wrote: »

It is getting less fake----commissary will shut down as of Thurs and no shipments will come in as of now.

Active military, Reserve and National Guard members will be paid on time for pay entitlements earned Jan. 19 or earlier. Military members cannot be paid for duty performed after the expiration of the Continuing Resolution Authority on Jan. 19. Once a CRA or another appropriations act is signed into law, normal disbursement of military pay will resume. Taken from DFAS Facebook page.

Seeing my wife and I are both Government Employees and I retired Military, I am well aware of that. So my entire household is one pf those people
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,281 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    It is getting less fake----commissary will shut down as of Thurs and no shipments will come in as of now.

Active military, Reserve and National Guard members will be paid on time for pay entitlements earned Jan. 19 or earlier. Military members cannot be paid for duty performed after the expiration of the Continuing Resolution Authority on Jan. 19. Once a CRA or another appropriations act is signed into law, normal disbursement of military pay will resume. Taken from DFAS Facebook page.

If the salaries for the idiots congressmen (approximately $260K per day) were cut and rerouted to military support accounts like the commissary it would at least help ... and light a fire under those playing games that hurt others and no skin off their own butt.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    Active military, Reserve and National Guard members will be paid on time for pay entitlements earned Jan. 19 or earlier
    This sounds good; but, it is only 4 days pay since the 15th was the last payday.
    I STILL hope the Democraps and their RINO minions die in a fire. A rogue rouge meteor hitting the Capitol Building sure would be good about now. One about the size of one of those bid Euclid dump trucks would do the trick nicely!

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,588 Senior Member
    Our local Nat'l Guard units are supposed to mobilize 2/1 to prepare for deployment to Kuwait/Iraq. I wonder if that will still happen.
    RugerFan wrote: »
    Our local Nat'l Guard units are supposed to mobilize 2/1 to prepare for deployment to Kuwait/Iraq. I wonder if that will still happen.

Good question. I would say probably not. No money for travel can be spent. I had to cancel several PCS and TDY reservations Friday.

This is what needs to happen but on a much larger scale. Shut it down everything but essential functions. Unless it hurts and gets peoples attention nothing will be done constructively there pay checks are there they just cant have them until this mess is fixed. Need to do this like they did in 2013 that got folks attention.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,809 Senior Member
    if-there-are-non-essential-government-employees-why-do-they-have-a-job-to-begin-with.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Support your local Scouts!
    And nothing is solved.
    And nothing is solved.

Nope, not a damn thing. Nothing at all done about illegals, and it won't be.

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,085 Senior Member
    And nothing is solved.
    Yep, can effectively kicked down the road for another couple weeks. We can revive this thread again in 3 weeks...
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho