Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

They've lost there minds in Kalifornia

104RFAST104RFAST Senior MemberPosts: 1,281 Senior Member
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/California-democrats-want-businesses-to-give-half-12508742.php

They have gone truly Marxist. The tie says it all!

Reno, prepare for the invasion

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,033 Senior Member
    I'm shocked! SHOCKED, I say!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,513 Senior Member
    There's some demclown running for governor here in Florida that wants to do the same thing! They should have taken Econ 101 in college instead of Marksism!!
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    There's some demclown running for governor here in Florida that wants to do the same thing! They should have taken Econ 101 in college instead of Marksism!!

I-4 south is solid blue, that doesn't bode well for the future.I predict in 20 years everything north
    of I 4 will split off and take southern Alabama and everything south of Atlanta with it
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    "other core priorities." like a high speed rail that's billions over budget?
    It's like two different states. It's hard to believe that Scott barely beat Crist in the last election. Crist is the biggest piece of bullscat there is.
    The guy I was talking about is the Tallahassee mayor.
    Gwen Graham won't be any different!!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    104RFAST wrote: »
    I-4 south is solid blue, that doesn't bode well for the future.I predict in 20 years everything north
    of I 4 will split off and take southern Alabama and everything south of Atlanta with it

It's really more like the coastal counties in south Florida, Tampa Bay area, Jacksonville, Tallahassee and the Panama City area. The rural inland farming areas of Florida are still red-zones. I'll be voting for either my Congressman Ron DeSantis or Adam Putnam the Agriculture Commissioner....both good guys IMO. I happen to live in one of the most conservative counties in Central Florida, and I love it here.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    PC is very red. Had some big Trump rallies around here, when the Klintons showed up they were talking to themselves!
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 863 Senior Member
    I am in one of the red pockets in SE FL, unfortunately one of the few.
    Grumpy old gearhead
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    PC is very red. Had some big Trump rallies around here, when the Klintons showed up they were talking to themselves!

I believe the whole panhandle is like that. When Trump went to Pensacola during his campaign, he filled the Civic Center and when shrillary sent her husband to Pensacola, they produced a handful of people in a neighborhood rec center.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

I thought I saw some blue areas in the pan handle area when they put up that county map of the electoral votes after the election. Going to have to find that again.

Edit to add: OK, I was wrong about Panama City and Jacksonville. It was actually the Tallahassee area that was blue and a county a little southwest of Jacksonville. The rest of it was fairly accurate.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,907 Senior Member
    Their minds have been lost for a long time!
    I thought I saw some blue areas in the pan handle area when they put up that county map of the electoral votes after the election. Going to have to find that again.

Edit to add: OK, I was wrong about Panama City and Jacksonville. It was actually the Tallahassee area that was blue and a county a little southwest of Jacksonville. The rest of it was fairly accurate.

I was in St. Augustine last year on election day! I even saw a Trump bumper sticker on a Prius!!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    California needs the money because businesses are leaving hand over fist. And they need the money to provide welfare and services for all the illegal aliens that don't pay taxes.

FL is skewed due to all the NE snowbirds that eventually retire down there. Most, but not all, are died in the wool Democrats. They kind of concentrate in places like Miami, and The Villages and other big festering messes of Democrats. And take over the HOAs and become HOA Nazis that fine you for flying the Stars and Stripes, but an ISIS flag is O.K.

Tennessee is no different, really. Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, and Chattanooga are festering piles of Democrat poop, and oddly enough, they're proud of it. Nashville mayor declared Nashville a sanctuary city last year.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    If California automatically registers anybody getting a driver license to vote without any documentation......this is our chance to take California back. Quick, everybody make a trip to California to get a driver license! :jester:
    tennmike wrote: »
    ..............FL is skewed due to all the NE snowbirds that eventually retire down there. Most, but not all, are died in the wool Democrats. They kind of concentrate in places like Miami, and The Villages and other big festering messes of Democrats. And take over the HOAs and become HOA Nazis that fine you for flying the Stars and Stripes, but an ISIS flag is O.K...................

I live 30 miles from the Villages and I have read that the Villages is a very conservative area. This is confirmed by a friend that now lives there. He is a liberal and was complaining that the place is loaded with ideological opposites.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    I was in St. Augustine last year on election day! I even saw a Trump bumper sticker on a Prius!!

Yeah, that area is solid conservative. Actually Florida is mostly a conservative state if you look at voting county by county. We have a mostly republican legislature and the areas of big democratic strongholds are the southeast counties Dade, Broward and Palm Beach, and St. Lucie. Cities of Daytona Beach, Tallahassee and Tampa. These areas are populated mostly by liberals.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,615 Senior Member
    The Cuban community in FL is pretty solidly Republican and have been since the Bay of Pigs.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    And you wonder why Amazon and Apple are looking to build secondary headquarters outside of California. Kind of the same reason Ruger, Kimber, and Remington have built facilities outside of the NE.... to start shifting operations to friendly states.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    California will go big time broke,the next democratic administration will bail out the state pension fund + medical care + whatever. All they have to do is wait
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    California will go big time broke,the next democratic administration will bail out the state pension fund + medical care + whatever. All they have to do is wait

And the rest of the US will bail them out.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    And the rest of the US will bail them out.

That's exactly what will happen.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Green Mtn. BoyGreen Mtn. Boy New Member Posts: 34 Member
    Rather quite a while ago,build a wall around the state of Commiefornia to contain the illness.
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/California-democrats-want-businesses-to-give-half-12508742.php

They have gone truly Marxist. The tie says it all!

Reno, prepare for the invasion

I think it is terrific....can't wait to watch the exodus of big employers...and the collapse of Kommiefornia!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    See my thread on government math. CA is already well bankrupt...

And has been for some time!

)O(
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    $1.2-$1.6 TRILLION in the hole depending on who's estimate you believe. I personally believe it's much more...

Its OK, they can just keep raising taxes!

)O(
    zorba wrote: »
    Its OK, they can just keep raising taxes!

A CA bill was just passed that allow them to do just that.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    A CA bill was just passed that allow them to do just that.

I'm sure. They had just passed a metric crap-ton of tax increases just before I left.

)O(
    zorba wrote: »
    I'm sure. They had just passed a metric crap-ton of tax increases just before I left.

They have to support that army of illegals somehow!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    They have to support that army of illegals somehow!

That is EXACTLY right!

I'll tell ya another one. Ever since the manufactured "electrical shortage" back around Y2K give or take, there has been a program called "Flex your power" or some such. Without getting into boring details that I'm not completely sure of anyway, its a way that businesses can get a lower electrical rate if they will reduce their energy usage during a "flex alert", which is when the state is supposedly maxed out on generation capacity. Happens from time to time, mostly in the summer when the central valley people turn on their air conditioners.

Anyway, I worked directly across the street from one of the biggest gas fired power plants in the world - it had 2 units of just shy of 800 megawatts each, plus a much newer set of 4 (I think) that were 500 megs a piece. Whenever they called one of these flex alerts, I'd go see how much was running across the street. The newer units would always be running (More efficient), and *usually* one of the older 800s would be running as well - BUT ONLY ONCE did I ever see that plant running at full capacity (during a flex alert). So I don't buy their "flex alerts" either!

Of course, the older units have now been "permanently" sidelined - but they "don't have enough generation capacity statewide". Makes sense, huh? My father helped build the older part of the plant, BTW.

)O(