Home Main Category Clubhouse

Classic rock fans...

2»

Replies

  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,749 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    No. Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam are crap. They were when they were new, and still are now.

    Who the hell are they?

    I share your opinion, though. They can't possibly be anything but crap. I figure they likely teethed on a Spinal Tap DVD.

    Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,205 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    I was in the grocery store a bit ago, and they were playing Dio’s “Holy Diver” on the Muzak system. That’s how I know I’m old

    Wow, that would be surreal, but, head banging in the cereal aisle:cool2:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,749 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    And they broke up before I was born.

    That pretty much defines classic rock.

    Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,927 Senior Member
    Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - Cream - Deep Purple- Doors - The Band - Janis Joplin - CCR - Jimmie Hendrix - I remember what it is!
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,690 Senior Member
    rberglof wrote: »
    Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - Cream - Deep Purple- Doors - The Band - Janis Joplin - CCR - Jimmie Hendrix - I remember what it is!

    The "So Far" album by C, S, N & Y is good. I'm hoping I can find that on vinyl one day.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,665 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    I'm not sure I like you anymore.

    Mike

    Not to worry, we are close behind. Wife and I went to a Ratt concert last year and Shephen Pearcy was old as muck.........

    We were supposed to go to a Scorpions/Megadeth concert but Klaus hurt his widdle throat singing...... because he's old!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    No. Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam are crap. They were when they were new, and still are now.

    I wouldn't call them crap...there's some great tunes from both bands.

    What about Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and STP? Throw in a little Temple of the Dog and Mudhoney.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,349 Senior Member
    I'm a child of the 80's and early 90's. I dislike pretty much all of the music from that time. The only two great ones from that time IMO are Metallica and Aerosmith. And ZZ Top. There might be a few exceptions. The only thing good about Nirvana is they killed the hair bands. I do like a few Alice in Chains songs.

    Country was pretty dead during part of that time as well. With the exception of George Straight and a few others, once the whole Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus and Brooks and Dunn crap started, I was out. Outlaw country and Chris Ledoux were my country go-to. In the 2000's, I got into Texas and "red dirt" country and left Nashville far behind.

    If one was to look at the over 1,000 songs on my phone right now, you'll see music from the 50's through mid-late 70's, then mostly a gap until the mid 90's. For the most part, the only music from that era will be some country music and Metallica. We go from Hank Williams to Static X. The music on my phone is such that I sometimes give warnings to people if my phone is playing and it is on "random" because you never know what might come out of it....
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,046 Senior Member
    Jay wrote: »
    I'm a child of the 80's and early 90's. I dislike pretty much all of the music from that time. The only two great ones from that time IMO are Metallica and Aerosmith. And ZZ Top. There might be a few exceptions. The only thing good about Nirvana is they killed the hair bands. I do like a few Alice in Chains songs.

    That's almost exactly how I feel. Add in Van Halen for some good songs, and the whole Queensryche library up to and excluding "the Hear in the Now Frontier" and I'm with you.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,046 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    I wouldn't call them crap...there's some great tunes from both bands.

    What about Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and STP? Throw in a little Temple of the Dog and Mudhoney.

    Alice in Chains had a couple good tracks. The rest were mostly crap.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,349 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    That's almost exactly how I feel. Add in Van Halen for some good songs, and the whole Queensryche library up to and excluding "the Hear in the Now Frontier" and I'm with you.

    Definitely can listen to some D.L.R. Van Halen. Sammy Hagar was OK, but I prefer the earlier stuff if I have a choice.

    I can recall one Queensryche song I liked. Silent Lucidity. Might be others I don't recall, but that one was good.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement