Dang Girl Scouts

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 6,133 Senior Member
It's cookie time around here. I have absolutely no will power when it comes to thin mints and shortbread cookies. I'm working on a sleeve of shortbreads as I type this.

Anyone else have this stupid addiction?
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Not since I found that Dollar General carries very similar cookies...including the choc. coconut carmel (Samoas?). More in a box, less $ and taste almost identical, if not better.
    Support your local Scouts!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    I heard a news blurb about the smartest girl scout in the world- - - -she set up a card table outside a pot shop in San Diego, and sold 300-something boxes of cookies IN ONE DAY! Now, that's entrepreneurship!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,953 Senior Member
    Thin mints are the only ones I'll eat. And even then, not many. I typically don't eat many sweets.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,171 Senior Member
    Thin mints are the only ones I like anymore, and even those don't get me excited. The rest? Meh. Give me homemade chocolate chip cookies (like my evil daughter makes very well) or double stuff Oreos. Or a good, soft and chewy iced sugar cookie. Now we are talking!
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,245 Senior Member
    You Thin Mint fans should try the Oreo Thins mint version ... they are pretty good even without having a chocolate coating.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,671 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Thin mints are the only ones I like anymore, and even those don't get me excited. The rest? Meh. Give me homemade chocolate chip cookies (like my evil daughter makes very well) or double stuff Oreos. Or a good, soft and chewy iced sugar cookie. Now we are talking!
    Any of those or a big, thick chewy oatmeal cookie!!!! Though I will admit that I will stop and give them my money for a box of Samoans...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,120 Senior Member
    Do-si-dos all the way.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,558 Senior Member
    Samoas and whatever those peanut/chocolate ones are. Oh, and the lemon sandwich cookie.

Thin mints SUCK WINGO ****! My wife loves them, but hates York Peppermint Patties, which are my favorite.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,166 Senior Member
    I bought 20 boxes of thin mints about 25 years ago.

Nowadays when I see a Girl Scout...I tell her to get off my lawn.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,136 Senior Member
    I do if I buy the cookies
    I don't buy them anymore, I just them a dollar as a donation
    I have a need for speed
    Now I want COOKIES
    I have a need for speed
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,120 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Now I want COOKIES

Me too. Got Donna to text the girl scout lady to order me some.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,560 Senior Member
    Got to buy Girl Scout cookies...thin mints. I'll contribute more than the asking price because I approve of GS. And, they're really good.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,022 Senior Member
    Neighbor behind us was selling. Wife bought some Thin Mints. She says they are in the freezer and she will eat them when it gets warm.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,053 Senior Member
    I bought 4 boxes. Guy at work selling them for his daughter. Gave them all to my dad. I won’t eat them. Not real big on sweets.

Just the mention of the thin mints makes me throw up in my mouth a little. There are very few things I won’t eat. Anything mint or peppermint are on the short list of crap I won’t touch. :vomit: I don’t even like toothpaste, but haven’t found beer or beef jerky flavor yet.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,558 Senior Member
    SIGgal wrote: »
    I like the tag-a-longs myself.

They're OK. I like, or love, all the GS cookies except the aforementioned Thin Mints.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
    Sorry girls, Clean made cookies today
    I have a need for speed
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,552 Senior Member
    roadking wrote: »
    Not since I found that Dollar General carries very similar cookies...including the choc. coconut carmel (Samoas?). More in a box, less $ and taste almost identical, if not better.

Because of you I bought a box of thin mints and peanut butter fudge covered when I went to Dollar General last night. Not the same as GS but for less than $2/bx who cares.
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    I thought I used to sell chocolate chip cookies when I was in scouts but nobody remembers them.

Bake sale, maybe? They are quite popular around here for both Girl and Cub Scouts...4H as well.
    Support your local Scouts!
  • drsfefadrsfefa Member Posts: 397 Member
    I like the tag-a-longs myself.

My favorites also. They got me as I left the grocery store yesterday.
    Responsible CCW is a lifetime commitment to Avoidance, Deterrence, and De-Escalation.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,041 Senior Member
    My wife has been known to by GS cookies by the case.
    Like the thin mints and the peanut butter cookies.