Cost of CCW Permit in Kommiefornia

2»

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,265 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    Why can't they just speak english ?
    I did like the one question .......are you now or ever suffered from any form of mental illness ?
    The true answer is yes we all have.........I said no. In 4 days got my 5 year permit.

What I think they mean is, "Have you ever been Hospitalized for a mental disorder, Voluntarily or Involuntarily." If you've ever suffered a job threatening depression that wouldn't go away or heard little gremlins in your head telling you to behave badly and, as a result, you voluntarily sought medical help or had to be involuntarily committed (court appointed) then you would answer yes.

I think everyone goes through highs and lows from time to time that's the nature of life. As long as you recovered on your own without ill (suffered) effects, you're good.

:beer:
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,635 Senior Member
    I miss the old Florida Carry Permits. Our carry permits are issued through the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, and as such had the Agriculture Commissioner's name and signature as the issuing authority.

Current permits have Commissioner Adam Putnam's signature on them. While he seems to be a good commissioner.... the old commissioner was Charles Bronson. I miss those permits.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,200 Senior Member
    PA is $19 and shall issue. Pass the NICS and you get it on the spot.
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 317 Member
    Arizona is $65 for the permit, IIRC, but it is only useful for a few things, especially avoiding the background check wait...all 15 minutes of it. Constitutional Carry merely requires you survive to 21 without becoming a prohibited possessor. ;)
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,296 Senior Member
    It was $ 50 here for a 5 year.......$ 25 for the next 5 year if they don't change the laws in the meantime
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 880 Senior Member
    Indiana Four Year Concealed Carry Permit Local fee $10/$5 State fee $30.00 Lifetime Permit Local fee $50/$30 "State fee $75.00

House votes to remove fee for lifetime Indiana gun permit.
    https://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/05/house-votes-remove-fee-lifetime-indiana-gun-permit/306889002/

Don't you Kommiefornia Guys wish you lived in Indiana?
  • drsfefadrsfefa Member Posts: 397 Member
    pjames777 said:
    Been carrying for years but friends have encouraged me to become "legal" as if I need a license to practice a Constitutional Right. Grrr, Well it seems the powers that be wish to discourage poor people from becoming legit. $100 county fee, $50-75 for Live Fingerprint scan, $175-250 for 8 hour training course plus range fees $325 to $425 investment. Outrageous. What gets me is the training isn't a set price. It seems the trainers got together and raised the cost a few years ago from $90-125 dollars to what they can scalp the public for today. State of Kommifornia does not regulate training costs. And its good for, wait, ONE STATE. Nevada and Florida and I'm good for over 35. Revolvers are good CCW, no casings left behind and no need to file paperwork...in theory. $425 gets me another pocket protector!
    What county are you in? Cost me $264.00 + 70 rounds of .38 special, and that was starting from scratch.
    Responsible CCW is a lifetime commitment to Avoidance, Deterrence, and De-Escalation.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,675 Senior Member
    Well if you get caught concealed carrying W/O a permit and get charged and convicted of a felony kiss you gun owning/buying arse goodbye..............so you have to ask yersef if it is worth it unless you think your circumstances call for it...... you had rather be 'Tried By 12 Than Carried By 6'............

I'm not sure how lenient La LA Land and many other places would be even if you were 100% justified in using a non-Lic CCW to defend yourself and others. Not very I'd think.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,060 Senior Member
    We don't even speak english, if you ask the English.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,675 Senior Member
    It is a shame though, many have to choose between breaking the law and exercising your 2A rights or going unarmed.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,575 Senior Member

Don't you Kommiefornia Guys wish you lived in Indiana?
    No, not really.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • drsfefadrsfefa Member Posts: 397 Member
    In addition, my county has allowed me 6 different guns on my permit. Soon to be 7.
    Responsible CCW is a lifetime commitment to Avoidance, Deterrence, and De-Escalation.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,530 Senior Member
    My late father carried in Commiefornia without official blessing. He was 86 years old, and really didn't care...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
2»