Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Romney running for Senate

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
Anyone from Utah? Thoughts?

This quote is telling...
Utah Republican Party Chairman Rob Anderson told The Salt Lake Tribune earlier this week that Romney was "keeping out candidates that I think would be a better fit for Utah because, let's face it, Mitt Romney doesn't live here, his kids weren't born here, he doesn't shop here." The GOP official went on to call Romney a “carpetbagger.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/16/mitt-romney-announces-us-senate-run-in-utah.html
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    :spittingcoffee: Carpetbagger! They got that right! Same as Hillary moving to New York to get a seat in Congress. Romney is the personification of the RINO herd. He just hasn't gone rogue like that anus chapeau John McCain.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,920 Senior Member
    I really wish he'd just stay home and play with his grandkids....he's probably better at that than politics....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,093 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    I really wish he'd just stay home and play with his grandkids....he's SURELY better at that than politics....
    FIFY :tooth:

He's probably better at brain surgery than he is politics

There's a large number that need to retire, or be retired by their constituents, and Romney's one of them
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    We had one of the kennedys try and run against Roy Moore. Didn't make it past the primary's.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    His primary opponent needs to hit him hard with conservative issues, since he's only been practicing being a conservative since his presidential run. Let Utah citizens see how uncomfortable he is with 2A issues, health care, etc. I guess he intends to emulate Trump's conversion to a pro-life, gun loving populist.
  • Green Mtn. BoyGreen Mtn. Boy New Member Posts: 34 Member
    I remember at the mall opening in 1976 Orin Hatch went around the mall kissing babes and back sides of north bound folks,a particularly worthless even more worthless is Mittens the carpet bagging mouse.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,939 Senior Member
    I lived in Utah between 1980 and 1984. Perhaps that's the reason I'm getting email from Mitt. I would not vote for him if I lived in Utah, though. I want someone who will support our president.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    I voted for McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012 only because of lack of anything better. I still defend that because I truly believe either one of those RINOs would have been much better than Obama. But now his opponent is a true conservative and if I lived in Utah no way in hell Romney would get my vote.

They are both RINOs but I'd rather McCain than Romney. I've heard in more than one conservative article that Romney is a Political Opportunist from hell.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.