Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

I'm glad ...

horselipshorselips Senior MemberPosts: 3,628 Senior Member
... that in times like these when the political crystal ball is getting cloudier by the day, that I have all the soon-to-be "targeted" firearms and accessories I want. AR15s, AK47s, Sub 2000s, Tactical shotgun, all festooned with the appropriate bells and whistles, bristle from my $79 sheet metal gun safe. I am well supplied with ammunition in all my calibers - fortunately I don't shoot as much as I used to, so that means enough for years of happy shooting.

These are not good times. The weakest, most spineless, and untrustworthy politicians are GOP legislators, especially the RINOs among them. I am not confident regarding their political reliability. The tea leaves, entrails, runes, dreams, visions, and omens ALL predict onerous legislation ahead. Worse, the coming laws will not be founded in fact or science, or in any consideration for the Constitution, but in response to the foaming-at-the-mouth emotional overload of teenage snowflakes. What a country. What a world. The only good news is that firearms Prohibitions usually grandfather those already owned. If we somehow dodge this bullet-with-our-rights-written-on-it, we won't be out of the woods, we're sure to be in for a rough mid-term election that might result in a genuine catastrophe for this administration.

Take heed my Forum brothers and sisters. As momentum rises, whether at the state or federal level, for bans, limits, and restrictions, so will prices rise. Expect a real spike any time soon. Maybe even any day now. That means now is the time to shop. Before greed and fear overtake the market.

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,711 Senior Member
    BE no grandfathering :yikes:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    I think it will blow over, with maybe just something to improve the vetting system. A lot of folks are talking about arming teachers, and that will back off a lot of liberals, because they don't want to have to bad-mouth teachers.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Calling a spade a spade, even the worst Rino is probably taking NRA money, reason enough to vote R.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I'm not willing to dismiss and disparage the voices of these distressed kids just because I disagree with thier agenda. Something should have been done after Newtown. As a parent I don't ever want to get that phone call. I don't believe the arbitrary vilification of firearm types will have the desired effect, but the voices of these kids deserve a fair hearing. If they don't get that now they'll get it later at the poles. Could be they have their march March 24th and run out of steam. If not, we owe them a bit more than dismissal and disparagement.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,086 Senior Member
    I believe it was Trey Gowdy that so poignantly said, "Show me a law that will stop the next mass shooting"

That's how I feel about it. These knee jerk and feel good "we've gotta do something" laws actually do NOTHING.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

There's plenty of good suggestions on the other threads. No one wanted to foot the bill after the shock of whatever the latest event was. Telling people that are demanding action that it's useless will likely insure action that seeks to punish the law abiding for the acts of the lawless. Arming teachers is almost impossible to administer. I figure we either pony up for school security or pony up our rights. Unless I'm wrong and acceptance of these tragedies is the answer.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,250 Senior Member
    Not that I'm necessarily disagreeing with Equine Labia, but what exactly is generating the notion that the FL incident is going to create more legislative hysteria than Vegas or Texas did? The FL shooting seems to be more than the others a clear case of "This guy was an obvious nut, but the system did NOTHING".

As to the possibility of another a run on the market. . .I've said elsewhere that anyone who wanted an AR probably now has at least three, and that there are probably double the number of AR's out in civilian hands now than the U.S. needed M1's to fight Hitler.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    ... that in times like these when the political crystal ball is getting cloudier by the day, that I have all the soon-to-be "targeted" firearms and accessories I want. AR15s, AK47s, Sub 2000s, Tactical shotgun, all festooned with the appropriate bells and whistles, bristle from my $79 sheet metal gun safe. I am well supplied with ammunition in all my calibers - fortunately I don't shoot as much as I used to, so that means enough for years of happy shooting.

These are not good times. The weakest, most spineless, and untrustworthy politicians are GOP legislators, especially the RINOs among them. I am not confident regarding their political reliability. The tea leaves, entrails, runes, dreams, visions, and omens ALL predict onerous legislation ahead. Worse, the coming laws will not be founded in fact or science, or in any consideration for the Constitution, but in response to the foaming-at-the-mouth emotional overload of teenage snowflakes. What a country. What a world. The only good news is that firearms Prohibitions usually grandfather those already owned. If we somehow dodge this bullet-with-our-rights-written-on-it, we won't be out of the woods, we're sure to be in for a rough mid-term election that might result in a genuine catastrophe for this administration.

Take heed my Forum brothers and sisters. As momentum rises, whether at the state or federal level, for bans, limits, and restrictions, so will prices rise. Expect a real spike any time soon. Maybe even any day now. That means now is the time to shop. Before greed and fear overtake the market.
    Four of the teenagers from the school were on the morning news. The news weenies were fawning about how articulate they were. The obvious spokesperson stated "Your either with us or against us". How articulate....
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Calling a spade a spade, even the worst Rino is probably taking NRA money, reason enough to vote R.
    You documented the evil "N" acronym in print. Are you crazy!!! I proudly displayed the sticker on my previous car but didn't have one for my current car. Probably a good thing now as I don't want my window smashed out or with typical LibTard "logic" shot out!
    They've already fallen in the trap of politicizing their message with partisan reference. I don't see them having much lasting influence.
    early wrote: »
    There's plenty of good suggestions on the other threads. No one wanted to foot the bill after the shock of whatever the latest event was. Telling people that are demanding action that it's useless will likely insure action that seeks to punish the law abiding for the acts of the lawless. Arming teachers is almost impossible to administer. I figure we either pony up for school security or pony up our rights. Unless I'm wrong and acceptance of these tragedies is the answer.
    We are always punished for the acts of the lawless regarding gun control. So you are saying "nothing will change"?
    I posted three replies and noticed one had a spelling error. I clicked edit and all three were deleted!!! I give up. I'll turn my guns in tomorrow.
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    I posted three replies and noticed one had a spelling error. I clicked edit and all three were deleted!!! I give up. I'll turn my guns in tomorrow.
    They all came back after I made this reply. The NSA is usually much more discrete when monitoring my computer. Maybe the Russians are screwing with me.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,086 Senior Member
    Trump did it :tooth:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.