Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Petiton regarding veteran suicides

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,093 Senior Member
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/ambien-contributing-number-veteran-suicides

I know for a fact that taking Ambien lead to depression, even to the point of being suicidal. I also know that Ambien and its generic zolpidem are frequently prescribed to vets as a sleep aid.

So I'm asking the FDA to see if there is a correlation between the high number of Ambien prescriptions and veteran suicides.
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Stuid site won't let me sign petition. Looking for black helicopters and blacked out Suburbans as I type this. :silly:
    I'll try again later.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,914 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Stuid site won't let me sign petition. Looking for black helicopters and blacked out Suburbans as I type this. :silly:
    I'll try again later.

Same here, the link for if it doesn't work can't be found.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,658 Senior Member
    Worked for me and signed.
    Failed again this morning
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,093 Senior Member
    This SUX :cuss:

Wife had to try twice, but it took it
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Big Pharma must be doing something to block that one. Not like they don't have a BUNCH of House and Senate whores on their payroll.
    ― Douglas Adams
    Big Pharma must be doing something to block that one. Not like they don't have a BUNCH of House and Senate whores on their payroll.

Good possibility, I have tried 7 or 9 times now and it fails each time. When I hit the link for reporting the issue I get the 404 error, page not found

went to others and attempted to sign with the same results
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member
    I failed
    I expect NCIS will be at the door soon. They just have to come 2 miles.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    Just tried again at 19:53 hours and nope, nope, nopety nope. Won't let me sign.
    ― Douglas Adams
    :cuss:

Wife just signed petition. Looks like it took but still shows only 3 signatures.
    at least 1 made it through, up to 4

Can't believe wife and I and 2 other people are the only signers.
    rberglof wrote: »
    Can't believe wife and I and 2 other people are the only signers.
    That would be me and my Mrs

FINALLY took my info. Been waiting for the confirmation E-mail for 10 minutes now. I think that site is hosed some kind of bad.
    ― Douglas Adams
    I think that site is hosed some kind of bad.
    It's a .gov site, you expected better?

:rotflmao:

FINALLY took my info. Been waiting for the confirmation E-mail for 10 minutes now. I think that site is hosed some kind of bad.

Same here
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »

When I was on the DoD SIPR network for my DoD civilian job some websites were blocked. The key word(s) that blocked them were displayed. One day the words were "information" and "knowledge"! It was a DoD website! The blocking software probably determined the site was bogus because those subjects were not normally found on DoD sites. LOL
    knitepoet wrote: »

Two hours later and STILL no confirmation E-mail. I'm afraid to go to bed now! The Blacked out Suburbans are just waiting for me to turn the lights out! :silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::yikes::yikes::yikes::tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams