SE Shoot 2018

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,132 Senior Member
    Buffco said:
    I'm in a tense standoff, hostage style negotiations with the She Bear to allow me to slip my chains and travel northwest. 

Negotiations are at a stand still. Will update. 
    Do what I did when she balked at me going out of town. I take twelve days, including a trip to Johnson City. I told her "I want to have some fun before I die." She eventually accepted it and we're still married, and now it's a yearly event for me. And BTW I go for a week to Maggie Valley, NC to a motorcycle rally too. Women whine to get their own way because they don't want to be inconvenienced by you going away. They generally expect you to cave in to their demands. Cut the ball and chain for once and you will feel a whole lot better. If you insist, she will probably threaten you with something as a consequence, but stay strong. Men put themselves in their own cage, and all the women have to do is whine and/or threaten something ....amazing what control they have, isn't it? Everyone needs a break once in a while, and I don't think two lousy days is too much to ask for, when you work your butt off.

If the issue is not about money or something much more important, there's no excuse for you NOT GOING!!
    Damn Noel, you inspired me and I'm not even married yet.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,662 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    **** Noel, you inspired me and I'm not even married yet.
    LOL....well if you try my strategy, I hope it works for you. It helps if I buy her a gift from out of town too.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,248 Senior Member
    I've taken Debbie to the shoot for the last five years and she loves it. Last year she never even came up the hill to shoot anything and enjoyed socializing with the apron ladies down at the house. Those of you that haven't been to a shoot don't have to worry about your significant others not enjoying the event and not wanting to go again. I can't think of anyone that attended a shoot that didn't want to return.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,132 Senior Member
    edited March 27 #215
    I won't be leaving for the Philippines until Sometime in June, so I'm thinking about making the shoot. I want to. And I should have my new to me 7x57, if Dwight gets it blued. The stock isn't long from being finished. If he doesn't get it blued I may bring it anyway. He can blue it later. I may wrap the barrel in camo tape or break out the Krylon. He can take that off later.

I may also bring a couple of my shotguns, my Browning hump back Sweet 16 and my Model 12 Winchester 12 Ga.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,612 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    I won't be leaving for the Philippines until Sometime in June, so I'm thinking about making the shoot. I want to. And I should have my new to me 7x57, if Dwight gets it blued. The stock isn't long from being finished. If he doesn't get it blued I may bring it anyway. He can blue it later. I may wrap the barrel in camo tape or break out the Krylon. He can take that off later.

I may also bring a couple of my shotguns, my Browning hump back Sweet 16 and my Model 12 Winchester 12 Ga.
    Quit thinking.......you'll hurt yourself. Just pack your kit and head on down.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
    To the folks that will or may be attending for the first time, don't think that you have to bring anything. There are tons of guns and ammo available to try and there is no requirement to bring your own. Same goes for the food, there is plenty of everything and no requirement to bring anything. If you forget bug spray, others will share but it would be good to remember to bring chairs. One other item that would come in handy is a portable awning. A couple of years ago I brought my 12'x12' awning and it got used but I forgot it last year and dinner got rained out for the first time since I've been going. A couple of portable awnings/canopy's would have saved the day.
    Also, rather than go back over eight pages of posts, can we kinda refresh who's bringing what and get an idea of how many folks are attending?
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,910 Senior Member
    Can this thread be stickied?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,291 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Can this thread be stickied?
    It is stickied. Instead of calling it a sticky, it's called an announcement. It's been "stuck" to the top ever since the change. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,722 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    It is stickied. Instead of calling it a sticky, it's called an announcement. It's been "stuck" to the top ever since the change. 
    What sorcery is this?
    Overkill is underrated.
    cpj said:
    What sorcery is this?
    How you mean?
    Zee
    cpj said:
    How you mean?
    How can a sticky become an announcement?
    How can you stick an announcement if it's not a sticky?
    How can somebody not notice a post that's been stuck to the very top since February?

Overkill is underrated.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,246 Senior Member
    where
    This message has been deleted
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    NN said:
    where

In the FAQ section.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

cpj said:
    How you mean?
    How can a sticky become an announcement?
    How can you stick an announcement if it's not a sticky?
    How can somebody not notice a post that's been stuck to the very top since February?

1. Magic
    2. See number one
    3. What do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros?
    Zee
    Nope. I just posted in the endless .22LR thread, and it pushed this one down a level. Its never been at the top that I've seen...

Must be something with your browser.  On IE, Firefox, and whatever browser my smart phone uses this has stayed at the top since.... well since it was pinned/stuck/announced.
    Overkill is underrated.
    zorba said:
    Nope. I just posted in the endless .22LR thread, and it pushed this one down a level. Its never been at the top that I've seen...

Have  you hit the Dismiss in error?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

shush said:
    zorba said:

Have  you hit the Dismiss in error?

Maybe. I didn't know I could un-sticky it that way, I'll go do some digging...

I guess I did. Anybody know how to get it back?

Also, rather than go back over eight pages of posts, can we kinda refresh who's bringing what and get an idea of how many folks are attending?
    And in a probably futile attempt to get this thread back on track:

CZ-75 BD by CPJ's request
    Hi-Point $100 bill "Ghetto Gun" by multiple requests (not!)
    LC9s - carry piece, plus somebody may wanna see/try the laser.
    Mark III Ruger
    NAA .22s for the micro-gun "battle"
    CVA Optima V2 BP pistol
    That Pepperbox we've been discussing
    A miniature .17 cal (aka BB) black powder cannon
    Presumably a just acquired M1 Garand

Last, but not least, 2 quarts of my wife's excellent Tzatziki for Jerm's Gyra

zorba said:
    Whoa! I just dismissed the one about the autocensor as a test. GONE. Into thin air. 
    Zee
    Zorba I have some bullets for your BP pistol. A couple, actually. Don't remember if I brought you any last year. Anyway, I've got .50 bullets, MAYBE  have some .50 Minnie balls unless I melted them down. Probably wouldn't be a good choice, but something to try. And I've got some powder coated .44 bullets that you'll need to use (obviously) with sabots. 
    Zee
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,777 Senior Member
    Is there going to be another 300 yard three shot group comp?? Let me know and I'll bring the .22-250 if so!
    Big Al1 said:
    Is there going to be another 300 yard three shot group comp?? Let me know and I'll bring the .22-250 if so!
    Yes 
    Zee
    zorba said:
    If you sign out they should still be in situ, to view.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,662 Senior Member
    WHO is on first
    WHAT is on second
    IDUNNO is on third
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
    WHO is on first
    WHAT is on second
    IDUNNO is on third

Rounders, correct?

I am really getting to grips with this 'Merican stuff.

edited April 10 #240
    cpj said:
    Zorba I have some bullets for your BP pistol. A couple, actually. Don't remember if I brought you any last year. Anyway, I've got .50 bullets, MAYBE  have some .50 Minnie balls unless I melted them down. Probably wouldn't be a good choice, but something to try. And I've got some powder coated .44 bullets that you'll need to use (obviously) with sabots. 
    Cool beans! I have some plain ol' .50 caliber lead balls courtesy of Teach as well - but the more the merrier! But whatcha shootin' in yours?

By the way, anybody who feels like giving this tyro some pistol (and rifle) instruction would be welcome! I ain't proud! I've gotten a lot better since the 1st time I picked up a pistol, but there's always room for improvement.