FOUR deputy sheriffs failed to enter the building.

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,983 Senior Member
    roadking wrote: »

Too/to/two/2 soon?
    UffDa, where is the GoFundMe link for the billboard fund.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,307 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    If they in fact were there while cruz was shooting unarmed unprotected teens and for any reason they stayed outside they are cowards. I dont care what protocal or dispatch states. Kids were shot while you stayed outside. If i stayed outside while people were shot i dont think i could ever sleep again
    Sheriff israel and crew failed failed failed, then he lied about it.
    What the hell ever happened to protect and serve? Guess its just a decal on their cars
    knitepoet wrote: »
    They just made a couple of omissions in that decal Diver.
    Ran out of room maybe?????

Maybe a new decal that says 'Cowards of Broward County' would be more descriptive.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    Did they let the deputy keep his handgun when he "retired"? Maybe he will do the right thing with it if they did. If he's a dummycrap, probably not, though!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,253 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Maybe a new decal that says 'Cowards of Broward County' would be more descriptive.

Since you mentioned it...

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,132 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    The national STANDARD in active shooter incidents is for first arriving officers to engage the perpetrator whether they are alone or not.... it's a proven tactic to minimize casualties. All that remains is having the balls to do it.....

Yep, I agree.

Perp with no real experience with AR against four supposedly trained deputies. I would think they could go in and kill him without much effort. But of course the deputies didn't know for sure who they were going up against. But I know in their training they learn how to get inside without much chance of getting shot. You never know but you gotta try, right? You can't just let kids die.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,307 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Since you mentioned it...

This one would be good, and appropriate.

I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,256 Senior Member
    Wonder where Jason is. Like to here his take on this.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    Why hasn't there ever been a school massacre in Chicago? Maybe it's because the students there are better-armed than any attacker, and most of the cops!
    :roll:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,931 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    And so we are clear, courts have already ruled that LEOs are under NO obligation to risk their lives to save yours or anyone else's. Again just stating a fact. This has NOTHING to do with individual LEOs characters and their passion for their work. We have some active and retired ones here that I KNOW would have gone into that building in a nanosecond to do what their conscience requires of them. Some do take their oaths to serve and protect to heart. Just SEEMS that it's less and less of them as time goes on. When their brass tell them daily that their only job is to come home every day what else can you expect.

You can't hire or manufacture warriors, they are BORN that way. I think it was Zee that posted some time ago something that said out of a hundred that go into battle only ONE is a warrior, and I think that number is optimistic...

This. This is why we NEED at least SOME armed teachers. You need immediate response, even if it's not great response, it's enough to deter any but the most hardened terrorists. We cannot count on LEO's to 1) arrive in time and to 2) save our kids, much less 3) instantly recognize who is the shooter and who is a fleeing frightened high school kid or another teacher.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,931 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    All I've heard all week on the radio (my main news source) is that teachers don't want the burden of being armed, it's badly misdirected resources, and will lead to disaster. Default to draconian gun control as the only answer. In face of such seemingly insurmountable opposition, voluntarily armed staff could even be an iffy sell. Uniformed, trained security will be our only realistic option. Good guys (plural) with guns on the inside.

The chior understands, everyone else not so much.

Well DUH. Of COURSE that's all the media is allowing to be broadcast. In the REAL world, a good number of teachers would like to be armed.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • JamesAPrattIIIJamesAPrattIII Member Posts: 150 Member
    In pearl Mississippi some years ago a school had a active shooter with I believe a SKS carbine. A teacher got his 1911 from his car ran inside and the shooter surrendered as some as he spotted him.

I think there was also a case where there was a man on a shooting rampage in a nursing home. the first police officer on the scene disobeyed orders and ran in and shot the shooter dead.
  • RadiowaveRadiowave Posts: 8 New Member
    We live in an age were traffic warrants and overdue books are served by SWAT teams
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,112 Senior Member
    Jeeper said:
    early wrote: »
    All I've heard all week on the radio (my main news source) is that teachers don't want the burden of being armed, it's badly misdirected resources, and will lead to disaster. Default to draconian gun control as the only answer. In face of such seemingly insurmountable opposition, voluntarily armed staff could even be an iffy sell. Uniformed, trained security will be our only realistic option. Good guys (plural) with guns on the inside.

Well DUH. Of COURSE that's all the media is allowing to be broadcast. In the REAL world, a good number of teachers would like to be armed.

Luis
    My daughter is a high school counselor, and she says about 2/3 at her school are for it, and that half or more of those might even be competent to benefit from police style training.
  • JamesAPrattIIIJamesAPrattIII Member Posts: 150 Member
    Other instances where a man with a handgun took down a man with a rifle:

Garland Texas a police officer with a handgun took down 2 jihdi wannabes who had rifles with a hand gun

The Congressional baseball game 2 police officers took down a man with an semi auto AK

Canadian Parliment  ex RCMP takes down shooter with a rifle
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,583 Senior Member
    I read yesterday that one of the LEO offices has released dispatch recordings that have the SRO telling arriving officers to NOT enter the building.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,726 Senior Member
    Yep, they did.  And he said not to enter two buildings, one of which was the one the shooting came from.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,076 Senior Member
    Yep, they did.  And he said not to enter two buildings, one of which was the one the shooting came from.
    It was a she.  They had her identity and picture out a week ago and of course the information not highlight by most mainstream media because it does not support any liberal agenda item.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,233 Senior Member
    On second thought,I think I'LL withhold my comments regarding the
    good Captain  
    Anybody lose their job yet besides the school deputy?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Didn’t he resign?
    Yes he did, that is one way to put it.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,321 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Didn’t he resign?
    Pretty sure he did.  He really didn't have a choice. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,422 Senior Member
    early said:

The only CCW armed school staff options I've heard are 100% voluntary. Of course MSM has no problem finding a teacher or student to interview who are horrified by the mere suggestion of guns in schools Even carried by Uniformed Trained Security! 
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,112 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 said:
    early said:

The only CCW armed school staff options I've heard are 100% voluntary. Of course MSM has no problem finding a teacher or student to interview who are horrified by the mere suggestion of guns in schools Even carried by Uniformed Trained Security! 
    Anything BUT 100% voluntary would be a disaster. A teacher making such a choice is making a huge commitment to serve. They have to figure out a way to carry concealed in a way that their smartest students do not figure it out. They have to acquire the necessary skills and mental commitment to be effective in a very fluid and confusing situation. Maybe hardest of all, they have to maintain this level of commitment through long periods of time in which nothing happens that reinforces their decision to take that step. Even cops get caught by surprise sometimes, due to complacency.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,422 Senior Member
    bisley said:
    sgtrock21 said:
    early said:

Anything BUT 100% voluntary would be a disaster. A teacher making such a choice is making a huge commitment to serve. They have to figure out a way to carry concealed in a way that their smartest students do not figure it out. They have to acquire the necessary skills and mental commitment to be effective in a very fluid and confusing situation. Maybe hardest of all, they have to maintain this level of commitment through long periods of time in which nothing happens that reinforces their decision to take that step. Even cops get caught by surprise sometimes, due to complacency.
    Exactly. Regardless of the amount or realism of training the only ones knowing for certain what they will do in an actual situation are those who have been there (Seen the Elephant). Anything else is speculation. The closest I came was covering a fellow soldier with the possibility of having to shoot a civilian. Fortunately the situation was de-escalated and no one was injured. I did discover I had the mental commitment to kill if required. I doubt if there are very many school staff members with actual Military/LEO combat experience.  
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,233 Senior Member
    https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/fort-lauderdale-mayor-gay-dean-trantalis/2018/03/14/id/848597/
    No fears, Capt Jordan and the incoming Mayor will straighten things out!! 
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,085 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Didn’t he resign?
    Point of Order: He did not resign.....he was "retired"....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker said:
    cpj said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Didn’t he resign?
    Point of Order: He did not resign.....he was "retired"....
    Now that makes perfect sense    
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,765 Senior Member
    edited March 16 #91
    They released some of the videos today. The now "retired" SRO arrived at the building the shooting was occurring in within 90 seconds of it starting, per video evidence.

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.