Mad Bomber in Austin..

JayhawkerJayhawker ModeratorPosts: 14,074 Senior Member
What in hell is going on with that?
Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Replies

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,250 Senior Member
    I just saw this on the web today. I haven't read if the victims are related somehow or it is just random. 
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,361 Senior Member
    from what limited info I have seen so far, it looks random. 

scary stuff.  already told the kid not to touch any packages that are left on the porch
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,295 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    I just saw this on the web today. I haven't read if the victims are related somehow or it is just random. 
    Well, there's black people and brown people involved, so they say it may possibly be a hate crime. **** them, and **** ANYONE who promotes this **** **** notion of hate crimes. The very idea of "hate crimes" insinuates one class of people is 
    more important than another. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,250 Senior Member
    Totally agree on the hate crime BS. This is Austin...they will look for any excuse to blame a white guy with guns. 

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    Is blowing up a bunch of Austin libtards considered to be a crime in Texas?
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,093 Senior Member
    I hope the mad bomber has an accident with his creations while making them...........
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Teach said:
    Is blowing up a bunch of Austin libtards considered to be a crime in Texas?
    Dude, a 17 year old kid was killed for doing nothing more than opening a package on his porch.  Pretty cold, teach
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,112 Senior Member
    The type of explosive being used would narrow this down considerably - probably why they have not released that information - no point in tipping them off, if you are on the trail.
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 499 Member
    I hope this isn’t a person trying to make a point that not only guns kill people.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    edited March 13 #11
    Just someone bored.

We have one on trial at the moment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43384883

The Iraqi asylum seeker accused of planting a bomb on a Tube train at Parsons Green has said it became a "fantasy" for him when he was "very bored" over the school holidays.

Ahmed Hassan, 18, admitted building the device that partially detonated on the District Line on 15 September 2015.

Mr Hassan told the court the "idea of being chased by police and in Europe by Interpol... was very attractive".

He denies attempted murder and causing an explosion likely to endanger life.

He said the fantasy was about being a fugitive and getting away, rather than the bomb, saying he "wanted attention"..........................................

The teenager told the Old Bailey he did not like having time off from school and had not been sleeping because of bad dreams.

"The school holidays were basically my enemy," said Mr Hassan. "I didn't like it because there was nothing to do. I would get very bored."

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,288 Senior Member
    Hope they catch that **** making the bombs quick, or he blows himself up. Either works for me.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,917 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Hope they catch that **** making the bombs quick, or he blows himself up. Either works for me.
    Preferably the latter - as long as he doesn't take any innocents with him.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
    'T.a.r.d.' is censored??? W.O.W.

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,361 Senior Member
    I hope they catch this one quickly, this is a sick person.

banning AR’s will probably stop it from happening again.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    Looks like the bomber changed tactics and no set a tripwire in an upscale neighborhood and hurt row kids riding their bikes last night.

http://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/fourth-explosion-in-austin-changes-things-with-possible-tripwire-used-police-say/269-529703184
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,917 Senior Member
    Probably a different criminal.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,601 Senior Member
    The freakin  world has gone crazy.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Make home made bombs illegal...oh...wait...
    Support your local Scouts!
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,242 Senior Member
    I hope this isn’t a person trying to make a point that not only guns kill people.

I thought the same thing today. Bombs don't get the publicity that guns do.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,074 Senior Member
    Today on the news they were saying that the latest bomb was much more "sophisticated" because it used a tripwire....sounds like the bombmaker paid attention in "Bombmaking 101".....
    Doesn't take a genius to attach a string to a trigger....
    Jayhawker said:
    Today on the news they were saying that the latest bomb was much more "sophisticated" because it used a tripwire....sounds like the bombmaker paid attention in "Bombmaking 101".....
    Agreed.  I would think the motion activated packages he had for the first 3 bombs would be much harder to make than a clothespin switch. 
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,074 Senior Member
    I've seen several motion activated devices that used Mercury tilt switches.....move them too much and you're toast....
    Jayhawker said:
    I've seen several motion activated devices that used Mercury tilt switches.....move them too much and you're toast....
    Mercury switches are really good, but they are also pretty old school and not easy to obtain anymore. There's much better ways to do that now, but this ain't the place to discuss those other methods. The clothespin method is one of the simplest ones for tripwire, though.

Package explodes in a FedEx sorting facility north of San Antonio:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/20/device-explodes-in-fedex-building-outside-san-antonio-police-say.html

If if the bomber actually shipped one, this may be what gets him caught.  The tracking and video surveillance will give the cops lots of info
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,055 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Agreed.  I would think the motion activated packages he had for the first 3 bombs would be much harder to make than a clothespin switch. 
    The making would be dead simple for either one, changing the trigger mechanism is the only difference. I would think arming the motion activated package would be more difficult.  
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Jayhawker said:
    The making would be dead simple for either one, changing the trigger mechanism is the only difference. I would think arming the motion activated package would be more difficult.  
    Which is probably why the one last night blew up in the fedex sort facility as it dropped from one conveyor belt to another
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Jayhawker said:
    Which is probably why the one last night blew up in the fedex sort facility as it dropped from one conveyor belt to another
    The explosives being used the bomber are said by LE to be highly volatile and unstable. They didn't say what was used, just that it was sensitive. If that is true, then the package being dropped from one conveyor to another, or rough handling, could have set it off.

Anyway, shipping the package could provide a lot of info assuming there's a shipping label with enough intact info to trace it back to the person, and probably some video of the one who brought it in for shipping. Might be the bomber's first BIG mistake.

http://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/reported-package-explosion-at-goodwill-on-brodie-lane/1063391509

Another one just went off. This one close enough I could hear it at my house
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,132 Senior Member
    Who ever this sicko is, he forgot one fundamental fact. Here in Texas we believe in the death penalty and we use it.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,242 Senior Member
    http://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/reported-package-explosion-at-goodwill-on-brodie-lane/1063391509

Another one just went off. This one close enough I could hear it at my house

They saying now it wasn't a bomb but an incendiary device.