The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    NN said:
    The eyes are an interesting experience right now.
    One eye has nice scenic view and the same view with the other eye is like looking through a dust cloud
    and to think I had thought that eye was seeing things as they were.
    Some people from the '60 and '70 might concur.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,910 Senior Member
    Still getting to know my neighbors - talking to one a few days back, and the subject turned to guns. He promptly showed me his brace of basic black Hi-Point C9 pistols! Yea baby!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,291 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Still getting to know my neighbors - talking to one a few days back, and the subject turned to guns. He promptly showed me his brace of basic black Hi-Point C9 pistols! Yea baby!
    You need the carbine to go with your pistol. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,088 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    zorba said:
    Yep, a "High Dollar" carbine to match. B)
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,692 Senior Member
    NN said:
    One eye has nice scenic view and the same view with the other eye is like looking through a dust cloud
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e63f1b22-a0d3-4f4a-b3f9-80c2b5651912

"A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,281 Senior Member
    NN said:
    I can relate to that. :smiley: I had to take the right lens out of my trifocals so I could see. With the right lens in place I couldn't see nothin'! And the left eye wasn't seeing near as well as the right. Then got the left eye done and it was GREAT!

Funny thing, though. Eight months since the left eye was done. My left eye was the 'master' eye. Now I don't have a master eye; they both see the same. Messes with my shooting a pistol; I STILL have to close one eye to shoot, even with a scope. Weird.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,270 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Dang, now you’re really gonna see how crappy the world looks now ...
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,088 Senior Member
    Heck, Ned you will really be able to appreciate Zorba now!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief said:
    cpj said:
    zorba said:
    Yep, a "High Dollar" carbine to match. B)
    No, one with an aftermarket stock that looks like a Neretta carbon emissions. 
    Ues. Unknown how **** yo Ben Ian. SOellcheck doens gone TLC ****. 
    Zee
    The above post is staying. Yay autocorrect!
    Zee
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,246 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    NN said:
    I can relate to that. :smiley: I had to take the right lens out of my trifocals so I could see. With the right lens in place I couldn't see nothin'! And the left eye wasn't seeing near as well as the right. Then got the left eye done and it was GREAT!

Funny thing, though. Eight months since the left eye was done. My left eye was the 'master' eye. Now I don't have a master eye; they both see the same. Messes with my shooting a pistol; I STILL have to close one eye to shoot, even with a scope. Weird.

scary thought
    This message has been deleted
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,242 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Just like this one.  It's CPJ's.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,242 Senior Member
    Well I multi quoted the last one on my phone. I guess when I changed pages the quotes didn't follow. 
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,270 Senior Member
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,579 Senior Member
    Et tu, NCFUBAR
    edited March 14 #28517

Toothpick holder I whi pped  up. The cap was assembled on the body and both turned at once. When the final pass was made, you couldn't see the seam between the bits. The third pic shows it, the pics didn't show up in the order I wanted them too. First pic I've marked one side. You can see the line between the two because my grubby fingers put a black mark on it. 
    Zee
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,248 Senior Member
    I guess I need to just buy a new rifle rest online.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,281 Senior Member
    Toothpick holder. Can't wait for you to get pulled over and the cops search ya and find that. They'll just 'know' ya got some illicit drugs in that thang and have ya cuffed and stuffed in the back of the cruiser. At least you won't see their abject disappointment when they open it and dump the toothpicks on the ground in disgust. :D
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    Couple of toothpicks and some bailing wire?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,910 Senior Member
    RugerFan said:
    Et tu, NCFUBAR

He's a day early.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
    Quite possible. I'm back at them tonight. We will see how it goes. 
    Zee
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 499 Member
    Business has been slow this week and I hate sitting at my desk. I’ve been thinking on a M1 carbine clone in 9mm with a blowback action. I think I’ll start on it tomorrow. Found a cheap barrel blank for $38 from green mountain.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,718 Senior Member
    Elmer Kelton writes some good ones.

Guy gets a horse shot out from under him. He knew he must look like a peeled rabbit.

Nother' guy gets mad.
    His voice was as cold as cemetery clay.

📚
    I bought an Allman Brothers album this week. A greatest hits. It's got some good good songs on it. Also bought an early Eagles album. I've never heard of it. Plus, Led Zep's Stairway to Heaven
    There' supposed to be a picture with my previous post. Oh well. 
    Me and John Fogerty are working on a rifles rest tonight. Really need a tap that I broke last week. I'm NOT buying the ka ka doo doo pile of el cra pola that Lowes sells. I may check Home Crepot and see what they carry. Otherwise I'll may have to order some. But I just not remembered another  place in town that may carry decent taps. 
    Whay the actual fornication is up with this god damn auto correct? It's putting words in that make ZERO sense. Anyway. 
    Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,973 Senior Member
    RugerFan said:
    I bought an Allman Brothers album this week. A greatest hits. It's got some good good songs on it. Also bought an early Eagles album. I've never heard of it. Plus, Led Zep's Stairway to Heaven

Baby steps, baby steps. Now buy Motorheads "Ace of Spades", Ozzy's "Blizzard of Ozz", and Dio's, "The Last in Line"
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,054 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Me and John Fogerty are working on a rifles rest tonight. Really need a tap that I broke last week. I'm NOT buying the ka ka doo doo pile of el cra pola that Lowes sells. I may check Home Crepot and see what they carry. Otherwise I'll may have to order some. But I just not remembered another  place in town that may carry decent taps. 
    Whay the actual fornication is up with this god **** auto correct? It's putting words in that make ZERO sense. Anyway. 
    Why don’t you use the buying power of the company you work for and get a discount from a work supplier? I have several places in town that will let me use the company account and MY card. 

I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    cpj said:
    Whay the actual fornication is up with this god **** auto correct? It's putting words in that make ZERO sense. Anyway. 
    Why don’t you use the buying power of the company you work for and get a discount from a work supplier? I have several places in town that will let me use the company account and MY card. 

I do when possible. But we have very few suppliers we buy with.  And most of them don't carry cool things. 
    Found a tap at a place I hadn't been to in 20 years. Same guy owns it, even had one of the same employees I remember from way back. They carry Merican made taps in all sizes, along with drills. Grab a 10-32 tap to try. 
    Zee
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,043 Senior Member
    edited March 16 #28531
    CHIRO1989 said:
    RugerFan said:

Baby steps, baby steps. Now buy Motorheads "Ace of Spades", Ozzy's "Blizzard of Ozz", and Dio's, "The Last in Line"

Motorhead sound more like one giant step.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx