Home Main Category Clubhouse

The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,092 Senior Member
    Yep - one of my dance sisters and teachers in California made it for us. It was by far the largest commission - both size and monetarily - that she'd ever had, and she was terrified by it! It took her almost a year to complete - mainly because she was double and triple checking everything, asking her teachers for advice, etc, etc.

Now she does large pieces all the time!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Woman: I need blah blah blah, what do I do to get it? 
    Man: Well, there's two choices. You can do this, or, you can do that. 
    Woman: Well I already know that!
    Man: (said HOPEFULLY afternoon phone was hung up) Then why in the **** did you ask me you stupid ****?

Communications darlings, you have never been good at communications.

The opposite sex (spousal),  your track record, not good.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    How about something completely different?

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    edited March 2018 #22835
    cpj said:
    That was a great video. Once I hit the mute button. 

Hearing?

This is all part communications.

cpj said:
    shush said:
    cpj said:

Hearing?

This is part communications.

Bagpipes. No one needs to hear bagpipes. 

Scottish heritage my good man , one is obligated comply.

Have you ever heard a welsh sheep say "yes please fy annwyl."?

Oh, it's in a box, cool.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    I like bagpipes.
    I like bagpipes.
    I like to watch a blonde in a plaid mini kilt playing bagpipes! <3
    ― Douglas Adams
    The metronome is screwy. I have that exact model, it does NOT have that weird cadence!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    edited March 2018 #22841
    cpj said:
    tennmike said:
    I like bagpipes.
    I like to watch a blonde in a plaid mini kilt playing bagpipes! <3
    I wish the one with long  brown hair and leather pants would have been wearing the mini kilt 
    Yes on the mini skirt. I was hoping that the one in the leather pants would be in a miniskirt when the frame switched back to her. That's why I watched the whole video,  :D
    edited March 2018 #22842
    Ugh...

We had a very sulfurous stink in the "man cave" micro-shop today. I was convinced it was sewer gas being blown back into the house from the roof vents as the wind was blowing from an odd direction - we used to have a similar problem where I used to work...

It wasn't.

I had had a strange and wonderful problem with the wireless printer that is also located in this room - to troubleshoot it, I had attached a laptop computer to said printer. Said laptop is kept plugged into my "charge rack", where a timer turns power onto everything there for about an hour every day to keep batteries topped up. Well, in order to do this, I didn't want the laptop trying to conserve power, so I turned the charge rack on manually...

I had a car battery on a charger on the rack that was flaky when I first put it there a year ago or more - it decided to die, and it was boiling off hydrogen sulphide as a result. That was the smell - instead of the 1 hour/day, it got 8 or more - the 6 amp charger was pegged and the battery was on the warm side. Not hot, but very warm. (!!!). Disconnected now!

So ends day 1 of the current Mercury Retrograde...

)O(
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    The metronome is screwy. I have that exact model, it does NOT have that weird cadence!
    So while everyone else is commenting about pretty women playing bagpipes, your focus is on the metronome. 
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,127 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    shush said:
    cpj said:

Hearing?

This is part communications.

Bagpipes. No one needs to hear bagpipes. 
    Bagpipes are get drunk and go to war music
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Bagpipes are get drunk and go to war music

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    It’s Friday.  Fridays are good.  Especially after a week like this.

Why did God make stupid people and put them in my life?
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen said:

Why did God make stupid people and put them in my life?

It's character building.

Just a sec, is that why you are so good at dealing with other forum members?

zorba said:
    So while everyone else is commenting about pretty women playing bagpipes, your focus is on the metronome. 
    He has a musical bent.

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    zorba said:

I figured his focus would be on the kilts and where to buy one in his size.
    No jewelry, much less jewelry I want; although one of them had fairly decent eye makeup. I'm surrounded by beautiful women every week, it takes a LOT more than what's in that video to get my attention! I just don't notice.

)O(
    The gal in the black leather pants would look good in a mini kilt. Long legs and a plaid duck skirt. Woo Hoo!
    Smiley with beating heart animated emoticon
    ― Douglas Adams

Can we have a;

For smiley emoji please.

It's a slow Friday night. Everybody must be out doing fun stuff. 10 members and 5 ghosts.........uh.......guests. :smiley:

― Douglas Adams
    tennmike said:
    It's a slow Friday night. Everybody must be out doing fun stuff. 10 members and 5 ghosts.........uh.......guests. :smiley:

Been outside hooking a new brake controller in my truck. Took an old one out of my F150 and put it in the 2500 awhile back. It was acting like it was doing nothing. After I installed the new one I hooked to the Jeep hauling trailer and it seemed to be working with that trailer. If I find time tomorrow I'm going to hook to the camper and see what it does.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,160 Senior Member
    shush said:

Can we have a;

For smiley emoji please.

clean it up and it won't happen
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,715 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    tennmike said:

We went for pizza. Then I went to BLOWES to get a 3/4" gas shut off valve so I could run gas line to my stove that may be delivered tomorrow.  I say may, because BLOWES was supposed to be in "constant contact" with me about a time that they were delivering tomorrow. Supposed to have gotten 3 calls. I've gotten eff all on a big ship so far. 
    Anyway, they had 6 boxes of 1/2" valves. One empty box of 3/4". 
    Didnt find anyone to ask. So I dug through all their hidden stock, no luck. 
    Then, was gonna buy a big ass box of LED bulbs. Make sure plenty were on hand. They had a display showing warm white, cool white, bright white, and daylight. 
    I wanted bright white. 
    Guess what they had ZERO of. Not out of stock, **** ZERO.  
    Bright white. The ones I wanted.
    I had  a company shirt on, which means I behave. Don't want to be that guy. 
    So, I came home.
    Now tomorrow, they better HOPE they show up with my stove. Actually, I hope they don't. Chris will be getting a discount on his new stove. 
    Good luck. They have delivered any of our appliances when they said they would. We ordered a over the range microwave and it was almost a month late.
    NN said:
    shush said:

Can we have a;

For smiley emoji please.

clean it up and it won't happen

Does it to me all the time. After I get through typing I highlight it and copy it. Then when I get that message I turn around and paste it in new comment and it goes. Crazy.
    ??????????????????????
    cpj said:
    shush said:

Can we have a;

For smiley emoji please.

If they would quit faffing about and approve your post, think of the treasure trove of knowledge you could bestow upon us! 

Well, there is that.

cpj said:
    (Only made this post so I could use the new English word I learned today. )

I am so proud, I am just welling up.