Home Main Category Clubhouse

Shrimp Alfredo

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 22,394 Senior Member
edited March 2018 in Clubhouse #1
All this talk of food has me going. I made a new style Alfredo sauce the other day. This time I used shrimp. I also put my usual asparagus in it too. I know, nothing new about Shrimp Alfredo, but I used Cajun Seasoning. It was ok but lost something in the translation. Maybe it was the Cajun Seasoning. I think I'll try Zatarans next time. Really. Then I did something my mother used to do with her chicken spaghetti, I put Currie in it. Wow! That made it! It was really nice. I used Penne Rigate pasta in this one. I always put plenty of onion and garlic in my Alfredo. The Cajun Seasoning did have a function. It made it just spicy enough with the Curry Powder to give it a nice warm zing. I also put a little smoked paprika and turmeric in it. I had it on hand an it just seemed like the thing to do. Anyway, it turned out very unique. Anybody got an Alfredo recipe they want to share?
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,720 Senior Member
    Sometimes one can over season a delicate dish.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Well, it oughta fight cancer.

It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    I remember turning my boys loose in the kitchen when they said they wanted to make supper.....what they came up with involved everything in the spice rack......"interesting" is an understatement.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"