Home Main Category Clubhouse

A bit of good fortune on my Easter weekend.

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
edited March 2018 in Clubhouse #1
Friend in Houston called and asked if I would be interested in a couple of tickets to the NCAA championship game Monday evening. He said they are mid court, VIP tickets, right in front of the press box. My response was only two words, "HELL YES!"
I already called my boss and told him I would be in Late Tuesday morning, he was completely understanding. I asked a buddy if he wanted to go and he said not only do I want to go but I'll drive and buy the beer so I'm good to go!
 What a nice way to finish out Easter, kinda pumped up right now.

Happy Easter everyone, hope yours is going great!
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,961 Senior Member

You realize, I hope, that Easter this year falls on April's fools day. B)

I hope you enjoy the game.  That may be one of the few reasons I would venture to Houston.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    The Game is in San Antonio at the Alamodome which makes it extra nice, very close to home!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,961 Senior Member
    timc said:
    The Game is in San Antonio at the Alamodome which makes it extra nice, very close to home!
    Even better.  I'm jaded when it comes to Houston.  I lived in Sugarland, which is a neighboring suburb of Houston, for 2 1/2 years.  When we finally moved, it felt more like escaping than moving.  I hated it.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    My middle sister lived in Sugarland for many years. After she retired from teaching she left too. Now she lives just outside of San Antonio and loves it.
    I’m a little more north in the Hill country and never want to leave here.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,265 Senior Member
    Many years ago I fell in luv with Texas but not the big city s there.
    Seems like all big city s attract a lot of trash to them.
    Old Ron said:
    Small town life is all I have ever had and it is wonderful, none of the stresses of the big city. The town I live in was only about 25k when we first built our home. I think it’s about double that now And expanding at an alarming rate. I guess it s because of the area, very touristy And because of the economy which is booming like we have never seen.
    timc said:
    Old Ron said:
    Small town life is all I have ever had and it is wonderful, none of the stresses of the big city. The town I live in was only about 25k when we first built our home. I think it’s about double that now And expanding at an alarming rate. I guess it s because of the area, very touristy And because of the economy which is booming like we have never seen.
    Rapid growth looks great for a bit then it kills a small town.  Then big towns annex the small towns ......then the problems begin . So many like a small town but then want the convinces of a big town. Then taxes go up & we all start looking for a good place to move to again. It seems now days this process is moving faster than ever before.
    Yes sad to see it getting swallowed up. There are 2400 acres behind my house of nothing but woods, deer, Turkey and other game. This will all be developed in the next 15-20 years. At least the developer is doing it right, it’s all going to be upscale shops, housing and even a medical school. I plan to be retired and gone before it’s all done, one way or another.
    Well Tim at least we have our projects to fall back on !
    By the way what are you doing ? I don't see man cave posts.
    I took a few days off projects because of work & a bad cold.
    Not too much for me either. I’m working on a couple more clocks, made one for my office at work, now everyone wants one. I had a buddy who’s AR turned into a single shot, bad gas block. He dropped it off and I installed the evil back in it for him, shooting flawlessly now. Been getting the travel trailer ready for a trip to Louisiana, going to do a little gambling to see if I can make some gun money. Still have the patio project, waiting on another buddy to drop his excavator off. Mainly just enjoying this awesome weekend right now. Weather is perfect. Going to bbq some Yard bird tonight and enjoy a nice fire in the fire pit.

you have any big plans this weekend?
    Heading to my dad's tomorrow for lunch & a nice visit with him & my younger brother. I started digging into my gun parts pile today & am trying to sort it out better than it was. Not finding anything to exciting just a lot of parts that I have no idea what they are for. Your plans sound way better than mine .......GOOD LUCK at the tables ! I am in that business so I rarely gamble. ( I just but things I have no idea what it is ! .....wait that is a gamble lol )