Home Main Category Clubhouse

Boilin' Cabbage Down

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 22,394 Senior Member
edited March 2018 in Clubhouse #1
I love cabbage but was getting tired of fried cabbage, you know with bacon and onion in a wok. The other day I went to eat with some friends and they boiled some crabs with corn on the cobb, potatoes, etc. Well they also cut up a couple heads of cabbage in the mix. OMG it was good. So I bought me some cabbage and some cajun seasoning, very similar to crab boil and chopped up a head in quarters and added about half an onion and about a few shakes of cajun seasoning and boiled it down. It was so good that I did it again today.  This time I added about a tea spoon of cajun seasoning. That tea spoon of Cajun seasoning was about twice what I added the first time and it really made it better. I think this is my new diet craze. Try it, you might LIKE it.
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,706 Senior Member
    Be careful and carry an anchor at all times incase you blow up like a balloon and start to float away.
    You may need a license, too.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    Cabbage rolls made by steaming the cabbage and filling them with bacon, onions and a concoction of spices is amazing.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    edited March 2018 #5
    olesniper said:

Cabbage rolls made by steaming the cabbage and filling them with bacon, onions and a concoction of spices is amazing.

Hey Ole, did you see who the guy was that was with the blonde? Maynard G Krebbs-Alias Gilligan, otherwise known as Bob Denver.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    edited March 2018 #6
    Maynard G Krebbs was the beatnick on Doby Gillis. Bob later was Gilligan on Gilligan's Isle.
    It took me a few minutes to figure out who he was because he looked out of place in the video.
    NN said:
    Be careful and carry an anchor at all times incase you blow up like a balloon and start to float away.
    You may need a license, too.
    I got me some sand bags and some rope. No license yet though.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Leave a winnder open fer ventilation..............

smiley face farting animated emoticonSuper fart animated emoticon  Farting smiley animated emoticonSmelly fart animated emoticon
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    edited March 2018 #9
    Big Chief said:

smiley face farting animated emoticonSuper fart animated emoticon  Farting smiley animated emoticonSmelly fart animated emoticon
    I have two exhaust fans in this house and sometimes they run on overtime. Especially on Bean and Cabbage days. Beans and cabbage is southern health food. It purges all the bad guys out, I know this because I can smell 'em. I just tie a rope with a sand bag on the end to my ankle. Sometime people driving by think a brass band is practicing in my house.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,927 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    Big Chief said:

I have two exhaust fans in this house and sometimes they run on overtime. Especially on Bean and Cabbage days. Beans and cabbage is southern health food. It purges all the bad guys out, I know this because I can smell 'em. I just tie a rope with a sand bag on the end to my ankle. Sometime people driving by think a brass band is practicing in my house.

Beans, beans the musical fruit.

The more you eat, the more you toot.

The more you toot, the better you feel.

Let's have beans at every meal!

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    Hey Ole, did you see who the guy was that was with the blonde? Maynard G Krebbs-Alias Gilligan, otherwise known as Bob Denver.
    Yep.....he played a lot of bit parts, in the early '60s.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270