Wife scores again

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 18,249 Senior Member
This time, a doe, and not quite as good a shot.
She hit it an inch or 2 further back than the last one, which would have been good if the deer was quartering AWAY from her again...
HOWEVER, this one was quartering TOWARDS her. Leaf happened to be stuck on the entry and exit was right at the last rib.
She made it ~150-200 yards (ALL DOWN HILL) :cuss: and no blood for the first 50 yards or so.
A big bodied doe and I had literally given up, told the wife, "you must have missed" and was headed towards the truck and stumbled across the start of the blood trail, ~ 40 yards inside the woodline.

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,285 Senior Member
    Looks like another good hit to me.

Sometimes those things just run until they read their obituary.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,249 Senior Member
    Thanks Mike :beer:
    With the angle, I'd have preferred her hitting in front of the near-side shoulder on this one

Still liking those 300BO bullets though. Just need to finish the upper and find a "fast" for a BO, accurate load for them (probably around 18-19gr of Li'l Gun )
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,132 Senior Member
    Put it in the right place and they seem to do the job.

Congrats.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Zee wrote: »
    Put it in the right place and they seem to do the job.

Congrats.

Yes sir, they seem to. I'm pushing them as close to 300BO vel as I dare, from her 308. (~2300 vs. 22-2250 fro the BO) and they're expanding and penetrating nicely.

Thank you :beer:

edited to add: PLUS, they give me the 2 leaky holes I prefer after wrecking the innards :applause:

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,132 Senior Member
    Win
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,264 Senior Member
    Tell the Lady congrats
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Thanks Diver :beer:

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Glad you found it. I think she made a fine shot.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,382 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    This time, a doe, and not quite as good a shot.
    She hit it an inch or 2 further back than the last one, which would have been good if the deer was quartering AWAY from her again...
    HOWEVER, this one was quartering TOWARDS her. Leaf happened to be stuck on the entry and exit was right at the last rib.
    She made it ~150-200 yards (ALL DOWN HILL) :cuss: and no blood for the first 50 yards or so.
    A big bodied doe and I had literally given up, told the wife, "you must have missed" and was headed towards the truck and stumbled across the start of the blood trail, ~ 40 yards inside the woodline.

Good job! lots of good meat there.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,264 Senior Member
    Wife says way to go Ci er ah MrsPoet
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Thanks gents AND Mrs Diver :beer:

No comment from Bella though? :tissue:

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,382 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Thanks gents AND Mrs Diver :beer:

No comment from Bella though? :tissue:

Paul, I'm interested in the 300, but I still have a soft spot for the 50 Wolf. Something about it rings my chimes!

There's only two cartridges for the AR that Ring my Chimes, that's the .223 and the Wulf.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,267 Senior Member
    The deer's dead, isn't it? What's this "an inch or 2 further back" stuff?

Congrats to your wife and your excellent tracking job. :applause:
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Thank you Jerry.

The 2" further back is in relation to the spike she killed the week before. And with this deer quartering slightly TOWARDS her, and the spike quartering AWAY from her, made a pretty big difference in what the bullet destroyed on its way through.

• bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,372 Senior Member
    Nicely done! More food in the larder.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,078 Senior Member
    Looks like another job well done to me!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 764 Senior Member
    Again congrats to the wife, and the tutor
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • Nevermiss1Nevermiss1 New Member Posts: 11 New Member
    To me thats a good kill