Home Main Category Clubhouse

Egg Cups

sherwoodsherwood Senior MemberPosts: 1,220 Senior Member
This is a memory test. Back in the 1950/60's there was a laundry detergent that gave out ceramic eggs cups as a prize. Does anybody remember what the name of the detergent was? Thanks. I'm just trying to help out the Boss with this request.

I may be old but I ain't dead!
DPRMD

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I remember you got a free washcloth with one brand............and maybe a hand towel with a big box.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,925 Senior Member
    My mother and my wife's aunt's had full sets of "Golden Wheat" China from DUZ detergent....never saw any egg cups in the set though...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    My mother and my wife's aunt's had full sets of "Golden Wheat" China from DUZ detergent....never saw any egg cups in the set though...
    Mine, too. And my mother bought Bama brand jelly and preserves for the drinking glass. I've still got one, and I'm betting that I will find the Duz plates, if I ever get through all of my mother's kitchen stuff.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I got quite a few "Little Mugs" from mustard jars.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    Clean remembers DUZ-----I DUZ 2
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    Egg cups were in Dreft detergent. Cannon kitchen towels were in Breeze. My folks had a grocery store and we would get dishes in bulk boxes of Double Bubble. I also remember we sold 10 lb. bags of flour, with a dishrag sewn on it.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,265 Senior Member
    I only recall the stuff I would find or send in for in the cereal boxes.
    Wound up with a lot of Kool Aid & Mr. Peanut things that I still have today. Then the saving Marlboro packs ....... Yep another collection !
    The last year they had that stuff I managed to get 3 of everything in the book.