First handgun

2»

Replies

• JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,789 Senior Member
    Glock 22.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,311 Senior Member
    edited April 9 #33
    1975 Colt Trooper MK III, .357, 4 inch barrel.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,330 Senior Member
    edited April 9 #34
    First-generation AMT Hardballer, bought secondhand from a friend of a friend.  I learned how to shoot with it, and learned how not to work on a 1911 with it.  Sandy Garrett corrected everything, and it’s been great ever since.  State of the art for 1986.

Thought I had a picture on my iPad; I’ll have to find it...

Got it:

“A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,258 Senior Member
    sakodude said:
    First handgun I ever purchased was a .44 cal cap & ball revolver before I was old enough to purchase a real gun :p
    Actually carried it on multiple backpacking trip into the Montana wilderness figuring it was better than a sharp stick.
    First centerfire handgun was a Ruger Blackhawk .357mag my wife gave me as a wedding present. And I of course still have and treasure it to this day.

Sako
    Wow, She knocked it out of the park from the very beginning
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 28,144 Senior Member
    LMLarsen said:
    First-generation AMT Hardballer, bought secondhand from a friend of a friend.  I learned how to shoot with it, and learned how not to work on a 1911 with it.  Sandy Garrett corrected everything, and it’s been great ever since.  State of the art for 1986.

Thought I had a picture on my iPad; I’ll have to find it...

Got it:

Well at least it has the correct MSH...  B)
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,638 Senior Member
    Got a FIE (I think that' the brand name) .22 S.A. for.Christmas when I was about 15. Loudest gun I think I've ever shot. Still have it but haven' shot it in years. Dad bought it at Otasco. 

I think the 1st one I bought was a Delta Elite. Traded it for a Mod 77 in 7 mag, and a 3 screw Single Six w/out the mag cylinder. 
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,171 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    sakodude said:
    First handgun I ever purchased was a .44 cal cap & ball revolver before I was old enough to purchase a real gun :p
    Actually carried it on multiple backpacking trip into the Montana wilderness figuring it was better than a sharp stick.
    First centerfire handgun was a Ruger Blackhawk .357mag my wife gave me as a wedding present. And I of course still have and treasure it to this day.

Sako
    Wow, She knocked it out of the park from the very beginning
    Yes she did and has been my biggest enabler these past 35 years.

Sako
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,374 Senior Member
    sakodude said:

Sako
    I love black hawks, I don't own one and never have. But I have held and fondled a few. If I was more a hand gun person I would have a couple. What I would want is a 7 inch Black Hawk in 44 Mag.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 24,220 Senior Member
    I don't like single actions all that much, especially Ruger single actions.

:)
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• Squawk BoxSquawk Box New Member Posts: 49 Member
    I think that it was a Ruger Security Six .357 Mag., followed by a Super Blackhawk .44 Mag and a Super Single Six .22 Mag. Convertible. Or something like that, I was in Fort Greeley Alaska, and the PX was selling Ruger's.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,556 Senior Member
    For some reason my dad was never into handguns back in the day so there was never any around the house. After getting married handguns were a no no around the house for the wife.After a few years nagging her I finally got one. LGS had this one cheap so I bought it.Shot well but was heavy as a brick. Ended up trading it for a G19. It was a S&W 5906. It was like this one. I don't guess I ever took a pic of the one I had or it's on a floppy disc somewhere. :D

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,280 Senior Member
    Ruger MK I, still have it.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,069 Senior Member
    my first handgun....

S&W 629 no dash.  with presentation case.

still have it too.  it has so many rounds through it now that its single action is too scary light.  but the DA is smooth too.
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 886 Senior Member
    Mine was a Ruger Blackhawk .357 mag 4 5/8 bbl. I also bought a Western Quick draw holster as Quick Draw was very popular at that time.  I still have the holster and belt but the pistol was stolen while I was on vacation.
2»