Scott for Senate?

centermass556centermass556 Senior MemberPosts: 3,488 Senior Member

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2018/04/09/scott-running-for-senate-in-epic-showdown-with-nelson-test-of-trumps-popularity-354385

I'm not a fan of his. But, it seems that Florida is endorsing more and more Carpet Baggers for political office.

"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,721 Senior Member
    I'm not sure Florida per se is endorsing them, as much as they're moving here and running (carpet bagging.)

But....
    Jeb Bush was from Texas
    Charlie Crist, while from Altoona, was from the one in PA, not FL

So the last 3 governors... ain't from FL.

Bill Nelson's from Miami, which is questionably American, much less Floridian.  Same thing with Little Marco.

Only 36% of Florida residents have been born there.  Only state lower than that is Nevada at 25%.  So it's not like there's a huge pool of natives to draw from.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/florida-has-the-second-fewest-native-residents-of-any-state-6548292

Overkill is underrated.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,112 Senior Member
    I'm not a fan of Scott, but I'd take him over Bill Nelson all day long. I'm also not a fan of Rubio, either, but I'll take him over any Democrat.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    How long is it going to be before Florida officially becomes a borough of Noo Yawk?
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,488 Senior Member

Yeah, But Jeb was actually pretty decent.

Teach - Not to much longer. Even the pan handle seems to be getting bad. Last time I was home, P'cola was not the town I grew up in. I didn't even recognize Santa Rosa Island anymore.

"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,112 Senior Member
    We could probably avoid another hundred years of government induced migration by just ceding all of the coastal paradises to northern liberals, with everybody else living in the wilderness, growing food for them and providing warm bodies for the military.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,662 Senior Member
    I liked Scott right up until he caved in to the little Nazis in S. Florida. Nelson has been around a long time, so if he's around another 6, so be it. I'm not giving Scott my vote this time around, and I told him so in at least two letters I sent while he was considering the new gun grabbing rules for Florida. He will do the same thing in the Senate if the pressure becomes great enough.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
    Teach said:
    How long is it going to be before Florida officially becomes a borough of Noo Yawk?
    Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties are already there. The place was decidedly liberal when I moved there in 1990 from Noo Yawk.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,248 Senior Member
    I liked Scott right up until he caved in to the little Nazis in S. Florida.

This is my feeling. I felt Scott was doing a great job straightening things up in Florida and then he caved in to a bunch of manipulative kids. If he buckled to a bunch of kids in the state then there is little chance of him keeping his promises or standing by his convictions in the Senate.

snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 844 Senior Member
    While I am not a fan of Scott's, his two terms as governor have been good for Florida.  I was disappointed that the only provision of the new law I supported (arming school staff) he was against.  Whether I vote for him or not will depend on who he is running against in the primaries.  I will vote for him over Nelson.....Scott may or may not vote the way we want him to in the Senate.  We already know Nelson will not.  One thing Scott did that I approve of:  when the liberal State Attorney for the Orlando area announced that she would not seek the death penalty in any cases, Scott immediately pulled all death penalty cases from her and re-assigned them to another State Attorney.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,281 Senior Member
    Even back in the 1970s all the big cities in FL, in general, and Miami in particular, were called 'God's waiting room for the Yankee retirees'. And a walk along Miami Beach back then proved it. I haven't been to Panama City, Mexico Beach, Port St. Joe, Carrabelle, or Apalachicola in over a decade. They've all changed so much with the Northern influx that they just feel SOOOOO wrong. I went to those places to fish, and can't enjoy myself even out on the water in those places. Catch and keep a few fish and someone is raising hell about catch and release with a decidedly NOT Southern accent. They DO get my point of view on that, though, about FILLET AND RELEASE. :smile:
    There's a lot of Yankeeland retirees moving in to East TN for sure. They have pretty much sewn up all the lakefront properties along the lakes on the TN River, and the rivers, and in the Tellico Plains area. Got a bunch of expat Yankees that moved to FL, got hammered during Hurricane Charlie and a few other hurricanes, and moved up here. Wish they'd stayed put; they're like the seagulls that got blown up here on the lakes during Hurricane Charlie. They won't leave, they squawk a lot, crap on everything, and generally make nuisances of themselves. :/

The good ones are few and far between; I'm beginning to think that TN is getting the culls. :D 
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,777 Senior Member
    I was a big fan of Scott, right up until his knee jerk gun laws. He already knew he was running for senate against a very entrenched incumbent so me thinks he was fishing for some blue votes from a very tough area of the state. But in the process lost the support of a LOT of us deplorables!! 
    He barely beat Crist so I'm sure he's looking for some cross over votes!
    Big Al1 said:
    I was a big fan of Scott, right up until his knee jerk gun laws. He already knew he was running for senate against a very entrenched incumbent so me thinks he was fishing for some blue votes from a very tough area of the state. But in the process lost the support of a LOT of us deplorables!! 
    He barely beat Crist so I'm sure he's looking for some cross over votes!
    If he loses Republican support which I think he will, he is NOT going to beat Nelson. There are a lot of pissed of Republicans because of that stinking anti-gun bill they passed and he signed. Besides that he is NOT going to get any south Florida lib votes, because they all think the bill did not go far enough. Bad position for Scott to be in.
  • Green Mtn. BoyGreen Mtn. Boy New Member Posts: 34 Member
    Vermont's,Gov.RINO Scott isn't going to be reelected governor,although there was talk after his next term running for the senate,politically the man is TOAST.