David Petzal of Field and Stream

13»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,015 Senior Member
    Exactly! Kinda like Clint Eastwood's character saying, "Get off my lawn!"

Scuse me, but I fail to see Da 'semblance there! Splain yo-sef mo betta please?...:jester:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,481 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Bu, bu, bu, but I wanna see me some booth babes!!!!!

You are a booth babe, babe....... tramp stamp and all, just shave off the 3 beards ! lol :jester:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,481 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Nothing is wrong with Petzal's writing style....pretty much classic outdoor writing...it's the CONTENT that's the issue...every once in awhile he apparently goes off his meds, forgets who he's working for and writes what he REALLY thinks...as is evidenced by his most recent contribution.

Maybe some Dutch courage from a hip flask, so he gets frisky......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,510 Senior Member
    Wonder how Petzal feels about the fact that his beloved bolt-action rifles only became popular after they were adopted by major militaries of the world?

Manufacturers market what's selling, and make what sells profitably. That's why we can buy newly-manufactured Savage 99s and Colts Woodsmans.

And displaced lever actions by returning combat veterans that used those bolt actions to kill people.

Hell, the lever action was a military gun as well.
    Not for long and only by Turkey. 1895 Winchester. Limited use.  Hard to use a lever action in the prone position.  And really difficult to clean.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,246 Senior Member
    I had completely forgot this thread :|
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,349 Senior Member
    Teach said:
    The trend toward militarization of the firearms industry is probably exactly what's needed at the moment. Varmint hunting is likely to get very popular soon, but the varmint infestation is worst in the area of Washington DC and the critters wear 3-piece suits and have a definite affinity for expensive liquor, vulnerable interns (male and female), and other people's money. Once the herd is thinned appropriately, maybe us sportsmen can get back to hunting 4-legged game!
    Jerry

I realize this is an "old" thread. I either missed it or failed to remember it. In 1775 the flintlock smooth bore Military Musket with Bayonet was the contemporary state of art "Weapon of War" when the Bill of Rights became law in 1791 it still was. In 1861 our Tennessean ancestors (preceding us by 4 generations) were armed with the percussion rifled Military Musket with Bayonet which was the contemporary state of art "Weapon of War". I'm confident they made good use of them attempting to resist a tyrannical government.  As usual we comprehend why "The People" who were, and mostly still are "The Militia" actually do need these AR and AK contemporary "Weapons of War"!   
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,291 Senior Member
    I read the article, and I got tongue in cheek "GET OFF MY LAWN" from it. He was just bashing everything including the weather for not being the same. If you hadnt figured it out by the time you got to getting reassured that there were "booth babes" you should have picked up on it by then.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,291 Senior Member
    Grrrr. got Zombie threaded....
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,602 Senior Member
    Yeah....
    Overkill is underrated.
13»