What's the weather like?

Replies

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,002 Senior Member
    winter!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,690 Senior Member
    rberglof said:
    winter!

Yes, that wind feels lovely starting last night.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,971 Senior Member
    We had spring & after that wind hit here with the rain it dropped back to 17 last night. My flip flops went back in the corner & socks & boots came back out.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,168 Senior Member
    Having a white Easter. Starting snowing about an hour ago.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 955 Senior Member
    It was spitting snow when I went to bed last night. Woke up this morning to 2-3 inches stuck to the trees and grass. The best thing is the roads and driveway are just wet.

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
    Cool but sunny Easter ......Today frost on the ground & on the line to get snow here.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,722 Senior Member
    It was a warm (85) sunny Easter here. Only a few cotton tail clouds scattered in the sky
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,254 Senior Member
    warm, humid and dreary here.  Need something to kick off the rain to get rid of the humidity and pollen
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,872 Senior Member
    Had a short lived blizzard here on Saturday....Pretty much gone by Sunday afternoon. Sunny day today and 40 degrees...predicting 6" of snow tomorrow
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,029 Senior Member
    Was in the 80s
    I have a need for speed
    It's February again! It's been snowing for three days! Looks like every bird in the county is mobbing my feeders....
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,651 Senior Member
    50s. For now. Drops as the day goes on, ice and snow and mid 20s tonight. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,254 Senior Member
    80 degrees and humid.  Supposed to rain all weekend
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,291 Senior Member
    We got about 4 in of snow on the weekend, to warm to stick on the roads. Then the temp dropped and Wed I was out in it from 8A to 9P, 30ish with gusts to 50 and snow squalls. It is supposed to snow 1-4 this weekend, central PA could get 8
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,605 Senior Member
    Was in Ohio for Easter. Woke up Monday morning to............

Was gone by the end of the day. Started home Tuesday. Hit all kinds of storms........
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Woke up to snow on the ground & they say more on the way today ......then up in the 40s.
    We need to send this to Ohio they already have some so why not more ?
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,608 Senior Member
    COLD this morning and now up to 45°, AND IT'S STILL RAINING! I'm tired of this cold nasty weather! I WANT MY SPRING AND I WANT IT NOW! This mess is redonculous!
    Tearing hair animated emoticon
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,722 Senior Member
    Currently it is cloudy and 89 degrees.  I wish it would rain here. 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver, I'd be more than happy to send you the 3" of rain I've gotten the last three days, and ship some of this low to mid 30s morning temp air down there as a bonus. Just reciprocate with some of that warm air y'all hoarding, and some sunshine to go with it. :smile:
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

Spring for Friday and Saturday, then 'Almost Spring' on Sunday with 2 1/4" of rain and mid 40s, and today, Monday, is back to Late Winter of March with a morning temperature of 33° and a blistering 39° now at 1355 hours with a 20 mph breeze. Maw Nature is off Her rocker.

It's 28 freaking degrees...2 inches of fresh snow and ice pellets.....I have about had enough of this crap...just saw three big Tom's strutting out in a cornfield while a bunch of hens were trying to dig for something to eat
    Cold .....wet ......more cold .......snow !
    Planting season seems a long way off.
    Up into the 50s now from another low 30s morning. Can't work in the shop in these cold conditions. Takes a couple hours to get it heated up, and by then I'm chasing another.............................SQUIRREL!

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,258 Senior Member
    I'm reading a book called The Children's Blizzard by David Laskin. It chronicles the blizzard that ragged across the northern midwest in January of 1888. It also briefly examins the previous years weather that decimated the cattle business. Gives details on how the Army Signal Corps forecasted weather and paints a elaborate picture of frontier life. A good read for anyone interested in meteorological history.
    We are under a winter storm warning here now with rain thunder ice & 8" of snow on the way.
    Looks like another fun day in the midwest.
    82° today so I mowed the yard that had turned into a hayfield. It's supposed to be only mid 50s tomorrow, but I'm gonna make a stab at working in the shop tomorrow. I'll break my rule of no long sleeved shirts around mill and lathe; I got things to do so I'll just be extra careful.

IMHO, Mother Nature is a crack head and in the middle of that menopause thing. These hot and cold flashes make me think that. It's past mid April and it's STILL freakin' cold!

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,029 Senior Member
    Hot today-----hot tomorrow-------then cool for 2 weeks.

Though the hot today would seem nice and cool next Aug.
    I have a need for speed
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,506 Senior Member
    edited April 19 #659
    tennmike said:
    82° today so I mowed the yard that had turned into a hayfield. It's supposed to be only mid 50s tomorrow, but I'm gonna make a stab at working in the shop tomorrow. I'll break my rule of no long sleeved shirts around mill and lathe; I got things to do so I'll just be extra careful.

IMHO, Mother Nature is a crack head and in the middle of that menopause thing. These hot and cold flashes make me think that. It's past mid April and it's STILL freakin' cold!
    You're gonna think I'm crazy but.............I just watched an interesting Nova episode tonight. It was called Decoding the Weather Machine(or something like that). They made a compelling argument for man made climate change. I'm not saying I'm 100% convinced, but it was thought-provoking. It's almost 2 hrs long but I think it's worth watching. I'll try to post a link. If it doesn't work, you can find it online

http://www.pbs.org/video/decoding-the-weather-machine-vgqhot/

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,258 Senior Member
    Yesterday when I left for work, shingles were being blown off the nieghbors houses. Mine stayed on for some reason thankfully. When I got home my old privacy fence was in shambles.

Much as I hate to say it. This blows.😡
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,250 Senior Member
    Should be high 60s low 70s all week.  Grass was cut first time yesterday.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton