spectre 40 cal need 30 round magazine

sgopussgopus New MemberPosts: 2 New Member
I have a 40 cal spectre HC handgun I have one mag 30 round for it, I understand sites (the maker of this gun) went out of business, does anybody have a supplier for these magazines, I read somewhere these guns were being made in sweden. I bought it New some years ago, and it shoots great, I also understand it's very rare and possibly very valuable, any suggestions on value?

Replies

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,072 Senior Member
    A quick look at gunbroker indicates that the magazines seem to be going a bit over $100 each. Pistols alone seem to be listed in the $700-800 range.

Never seen one of these, but it sure is ugly! Reminds me of what someone in the early 80's might have envisioned as the "gun of the future".
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,246 Senior Member
    Right Chris
    Looks like a prerequisite for a drive by.
    This message has been deleted
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    definitely a different looking gun for sure.
  • Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 710 Senior Member
    Dude....Call Of Duty special!!! Ha Ha Ha, they are gonna give me some junk for knowing that's in Call of Duty...
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,291 Senior Member
    Here is one of the rare 40 Luger ones.
    http://www.gunlistings.org/tennessee-gun-classifieds/knoxville/pistols/40399/sites_spectrehc_40_cal_luger

The one here is special, its in .40 caliper
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • sgopussgopus New Member Posts: 2 New Member
    A quick look at gunbroker indicates that the magazines seem to be going a bit over $100 each. Pistols alone seem to be listed in the $700-800 range.

Never seen one of these, but it sure is ugly! Reminds me of what someone in the early 80's might have envisioned as the "gun of the future".

Thanks for your comments, however nobody seems to be offering a 40 cal SW mag. it was Sites idea of going after the James Bond movies with spectre being the bad guys.
  • wizard78wizard78 Senior Member Posts: 995 Senior Member
    "Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one."

“If gun control laws actually worked, Chicago would be Mayberry!"

• bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    Had a 9mm Spectre, the longer magazine in that caliber, about the lenght of an MP-5 9mm 30 rounder makes 50 rounds, nice gun, quite accurate and I paid $75 for mine as it did not come with a magazine, outside of that it was in great condition, a buddy after a long time getting on my case offered me a deal I could not pass up so he owns it now. No clue on the 40 cal magazines but the 9mm are almost impossible to find and run around $300 for an used one, I hear that you could convert 9mm magazines from some submachine gun for the Spectre 9mm but that seemed to be an expensive route as well.

The Spectre was originally made in Italy for their Secret Service, couple of BG in 007 movies used them, Sites is the Amercan company that imported them here and I understand they are no longer made much less imported. I got lucky as mine did not come with even one magazine, i joined a lot of forums online just to ask if anyone had one for sale as no sellers online had any, the guns come up every once in a while on gunbroker etc., but just magazines no. On one of the forums I joined a fomer soldier from Croatia had 2 magazines, one was a war memento he would not part with as it stopped a bullet and saved his skin, the second one he just gave it to me as a gift.

Your 40 cal is a rarer version, keep it and good luck in your search for magazines, I believe they made also a 45 acp and that you can swap calibers among them with the proper parts.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".