Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Attack on the Royal Palace in Riyadh

shushshush Senior MemberPosts: 6,259 Senior Member
edited April 2018 in Second Amendment/Politics #1

Oh dear me.

Update;
Saudi military intercepts ballistic missile near Riyadh.
It would appear a oordinated attack on Najran airport, Jizan airport and Riyadh.
Iranian supplied missile fired by Houthis in Yemen, maybe.
This will not go down well.

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,635 Senior Member
    No links on the BBC or Fox News?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    I also tried Google news, NPR, CNN, and ABC news and haven't seen anything.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Plus Reuters and AP.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    edited April 2018 #5

Gunfire being accounted for as 'palace guards shooting down a drone'

Very big drone, eh?

Gunfire and explosions have been reported outside the home of the Saudi king in Riyadh, the country's capital. Sources on Twitter have posted photos and videos of the situation and have said that the gunfire is part of a coup attempt. The king has reportedly been evacuated.
    http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Report-Gunfire-outside-kings-home-in-Saudi-Arabia-551385

Heavy gunfire and explosions has been reported from outside the royal palace in Saudi Arabian capital Riyadh.

According to eyewitnesses gunfire can be heard in the vicinity of the palace late on Saturday night.

Saudi Arabia's King Salman has reportedly been evacuated from the compound to a bunker at an air force base in Riyadh.

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/04/21/559266/saudi-arabia-gunfire-riyadh-palace

All is good, stand down.

• centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member

It's not the first Iran sponsored Missile Attack from the rebels in Yemen. So far KSA has shown a surprising amount of restraint, but I think this latest round of attacks is going to be the straw that does it to the Camel.

The only issue is that the Saudi military, by and large, is the US Military, so I am not too sure how this is going to play out.

"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    edited April 2018 #8
    Interesting, with almost no US coverage, except a short story from CNN, and with Trump and the Saudi prince both wanting the Iran 'treaty' squashed, and French president Macron, who wants to keep the treaty intact, visiting Trump, today, and Germany's PM coming soon.

Just guessing, I'd say that Trump is going to do a full court press to get France and Germany to support him in measures against Iran. He has the tariff thing to frighten them with, and probably good evidence of Iran being behind the ballistic missile attack on Riyadh

Hmmm.

• centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    I would be surprised if France caves. They have pushed very hard to spread their markets to Iran and have began to really invest there. Trump would have to have something very heavy to bring them over to our side. BTW, France is making a huge amount of money here in Afghanistan. Thales is pulling in about 16 Billion from Contracts here.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    edited April 2018 #10
    bisley said:
    Interesting, with almost no US coverage, except a short story from CNN,
    ............................Hmmm.

My heads up came from someone a little bit closer to it..

He predicted the news blanket also.

I am just helping to spread the Fake News.

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    I'll try to listen to tonights BBC broadcast tonight for the wind direction👂
    I'll try to listen to tonights BBC broadcast tonight for the wind direction👂
    It will just be full of;
    Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 1101hrs.
    The baby weighs 8lbs 7oz and The Duke of Cambridge was present for the birth.
    Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well.

Another shackle in our chain is forged.

Maybe that part will be on when I'm outside my cab🚛
    Maybe that part will be on when I'm outside my cab🚛
    With any luck.
    Not a word. Even the good Duchess took a back seat to Toronto👼