Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

The Starbucks kerfuffle

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 11,150 Senior Member
Kinda fun to watch the leftists eat their own.

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    What gets me about some of this stuff is I grew up in Detroit. I was a small kid and I'm a fairly small man. My point being, what are some of these people so afraid of?  
    Calling the cops was just silly, and that's another thing. Why can't someone just say hey this was silly, talked to the employee, won't happen again, have a nice day?

The whole world's gone daft.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,825 Senior Member
    ANYTHING remotely discriminatory to a minority or ILLEGAL will get blabbed to death by the shmedia!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Slow news day and the Left are mad dog crazy about anything that smells like discrimination. The only thing that would have stopped it if it had been a Muslim coffee shop. The media would have then been like a cat with a piece of toast with jelly strapped on its back. Drop it and it just levitates and rotates; perpetual motion machine. The media would have been unable to pick a side.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Bars have bouncers to deal with customers the management wants relocated.  The snowflakes at Starbucks have to call the cops!  Who attends a "business meeting" wearing sweats and sneakers?  It sounds like the business at hand might have involved recreational chemicals, maybe?   
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,161 Senior Member
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/29625/walsh-story-starbucks-entitlement-not-racism-matt-walsh

Make it a Waffle House. You go there and order breakfast. Most of the tables are taken by people who aren't buying food. They refuse to buy anything or leave. This is a reoccurring problem. Previous attempts to get loiterers to leave have resulted in threats of violence........... The manager shouldn't call Police???
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    I guess they could charge a ten dollar entry fee, and then credit it back for paying customers. Of course, I'm sure the place would probably get burned down, but they could use the insurance money to relocate.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,150 Senior Member
    LOL.  Thats why I park close enough for WiFi, and then do my work in the car outside the starbucks.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    LOL.  Thats why I park close enough for WiFi, and then do my work in the car outside the starbucks.
    Since I already have a paying job, one that provides me with my own portable WiFi hot spot free of charge, I avoid Starbucks like the plague.  For awhile Dunkin' Donuts was selling t-shirts that said "Friends don't let friends buy Starbucks".  I almost bought one.
    I've had exactly ONE cup of coffee from Starbucks years ago, and I didn't buy it. And it was a cup of plain black coffee. It sucked. Its main attraction at the time for the friend I was riding with was that the store was close, and the coffee was hot and wet. Other than that it was well below the quality of JFG ground coffee, and at a highly inflated price.

They're welcome to all the grief they've caused themselves with that business model. They set up a 'roosting pole' for millennials that don't work because they have, or are working towards, useless degrees. They made the mess they find themselves in, and they will have to extricate themselves, if they are so inclined to do so.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,161 Senior Member
    You don't get coffee at Starbucks . You get coffee flavored milkshakes
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,258 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    I've had exactly ONE cup of coffee from Starbucks years ago, and I didn't buy it. And it was a cup of plain black coffee. It sucked. Its main attraction at the time for the friend I was riding with was that the store was close, and the coffee was hot and wet. Other than that it was well below the quality of JFG ground coffee, and at a highly inflated price.
    The difference between "Bold" and "BALLS":

Bold is charging $5.00 for a cup of coffee.

BALLS is doing that, and putting out a tip jar.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    I'd like to work in a busy Starbucks as a coffee bar waiter for a day. The only problem I could see with that scenario is having to constantly be mopping the floor because of all the melted snowflakes. And no matter what they wanted, their coffee order would consist of 90% STRONG black coffee. The place would look like a squirrel rave party with all those highly caffeinated freaks spun up like an out of control jet engine! :D
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,920 Senior Member
    edited April 2018 #14
    Yeah...you'd make an excellent "barrista"...."Here's yer f'n coffee, now get the f out"
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,093 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Yeah...you'd make an excellent "barrista"...."Here's yer f'n coffee, now get the f out"
    Kind of like "Walter" as a Walmart greeter

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Two guys get tossed from a Starbucks and people protest and make a federal case and want justice.  Two cops sitting and eating their lunch get murdered through a window for no reason and nobody says a thing.  The priorities of the world a skewed in the wrong direction.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    BAMAAK said:
    Two guys get tossed from a Starbucks and people protest and make a federal case and want justice.  Two cops sitting and eating their lunch get murdered through a window for no reason and nobody says a thing.  The priorities of the world a skewed in the wrong direction.
    Skewed? I say the priortities and Values are down right F..ed up!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I used to love some roasts of Starbucks Coffee. But now that I have  discovered Black Rifle and Operator Coffees I won't be buying any except in the Philippines because it's about the only store in town. Well come to think of it there is one other custom coffee store there. So I think we'll go there. I can't remember the exact name but they have really good coffee and it's not as expensive as Starbucks.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    A cover charge for a coffee house? Might work. Get some music and dancin' girls, Now there's an idea for breakfast!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,660 Senior Member
    My S-I-L was a barista at an independent coffee house in Monterey years back. He had a bumper sticker: "Resist Corporate Coffee".
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    I never been in a Starbucks. I have all my business meetings in the water closet.🚽☕
    knitepoet said:
    Jayhawker said:
    Kind of like "Walter" as a Walmart greeter

More like, "You want a WHAT??? That AIN'T a cuppa coffee! Go to the 7-11 across the street and by one of each from the candy aisle, you effin' sugar freak!" Laughing Hard animated emoticon
    ― Douglas Adams
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    The problem isnt with the Starbucks, the manager OR the policy. The written policy of that Sbucks was that if you were not buying anything, you dont get to use the potty, and you are asked to leave. If you chose not to leave, the WRITTEN policy of that Sbucks is that the police are called. The EXACT same Sbucks got rave reviews because a Philly cop went in to use the rest room and was refused which is absolutely consistent with their WRITTEN policy.

The problem is with the CEO of Sbucks. That {expletive deleted} threw his manager under the bus so fast and made her name a curse word in the barista world for following COMPANY rules and regs exactly as she should have.
    I like Sbucks coffee, not the fru fru but a Sumatran pour over black is just downright OK. However until that {expletive deleted} steps down, Sheetz makes a pretty OK Sumatran in the regular coffee maker.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    The real problem with a HUGE amount of young folk out there is their sense of entitlement to whatever they want, or want to do. That's not how the world works and the sooner they figure that out, the smoother the ride will be. Life is tough, they need to wear their helmets! :D
    ― Douglas Adams