Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Broward County School discipline policies results

RugerFanRugerFan Senior MemberPosts: 2,293 Senior Member
https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2018/04/10/sperrybroward_art.html?platform=hootsuite

This is an article about the results of an investigation of Broward County Schools Discipline policies. To me it's a scathing indictment. However, I suspect a LOT of school districts have similar policies. 

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,660 Senior Member

...but terrorized Broward neighborhoods with drive-by shootings, gang rapes, home invasions and carjackings.
    That's a typical Friday nite in Salinas, California!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    The policies in place by the school board and the police are what appears to be a perfect incubator for hatching violent young offenders. That PROMISE program has no teeth to it. That makes the 'inmates running the asylum' an almost guaranteed outcome.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,914 Senior Member
    Sheriff Scott Israel is a big part of this program.  Remember him?  
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,920 Senior Member
    Schools in general have become completely unhinged when it comes to holding their students responsible for their actions....some years back I was returning to work from lunch, I was behind an older fellow, Bill, who I had worked with years before. At a stop sign just outside the local high school, a couple of kids came running out with fire extinguishers, smashed the drivers side window of the car out and discharged the contents of the extinguishers into the passenger compartment.....and ran off laughing.  I knew Bill has severe respiratory problems, so I called 911 and requested an ambulance and reported the assault.
    Bill damn near died...
    The schools big issue in this whole thing was not that these "students" had nearly killed a man with their "prank" but that I had described the kids as thugs to the newspaper reporter I talked to later....demanded an apology in fact...they got a "kiss my ass" in response...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,914 Senior Member
    Why were the thugs not arrested?  It was a crime against an elderly person whick makes it worse.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Only described them as 'thugs'? I think I'd have embellished that description a bit more.
    ― Douglas Adams
    Don't make me quote Mark Twain!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Reading about some of the schools in Broward County, it sounds like some of them need to be turned into reform schools with double fencing and guards to keep the 'inmates' separated from the citizens of the county. Either that, or the citizens need to 'man up' and start shooting early and often when the thugs go on a rampage.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,093 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    Why were the thugs not shot?  It was a crime against an elderly person whick makes it worse.
    FIFY
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Lovely! Cruz is obviously a product of PROMISE (Preventing Recidivism through Opportunities, Mentoring, Interventions, Supports and Education).

Broward schools Chief Public Information Officer Tracy Clark denied the district’s reforms have weakened safety. "In fact,” she said, “our district’s overall disciplinary incidents have dropped since we adopted the new policy and wraparound supports to students with behavior issues."

I have an acronym for the school district's PR idiot. CROCK (Canned Response by Official Concerning Killings).

The school district management and board members are obviously as dumb as stone cold rocks. Suffering from COLD (Clueless Officials with Learning Disabilities). 

Sorry Zorba but since Mark Twain stated he was quoting Disraeli who was probably quoting someone else.... "There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics".

sgtrock21 said:

Sorry Zorba but since Mark Twain stated he was quoting Disraeli who was probably quoting someone else.... "There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics".

Good enough, but that wasn't the quote I was thinking of:

"In the first place, God created idiots. That was for practice. Then He created School Boards."

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I can think of a very good way to reduce the number or arrests for carjacking.  It involves CCW and accurate aim.  There's no probation, counseling, or early release from the graveyard.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Teach said:
    I can think of a very good way to reduce the number or arrests for carjacking.  It involves CCW and accurate aim.  There's no probation, counseling, or early release from the graveyard.

There is currently a bleeding heart liberal on TV running for DA of a county he fails to identify. At least it is not my county. His campaign is based on not wasting money by incarcerating "non-violent" criminals and providing counseling/treatment as an alternative. We know how well that works.