This Forum needs some attention

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 21,269 Senior Member
edited April 30 in Clubhouse #1
Is anybody else having any issues with the forum? I am still losing posts or portions of posts when I post them or when I use edit.

I like the fact that pictures are no longer voodoo even though I haven't used the function yet, and also the fact that if you get interupted before you post what you've typed, it stays there, even if you leave the site. But it's irritating to lose whole posts when you go to enter it. It doesn't happen all the time or really that often, but it happens and when it does, it's really aggravating.

Also,can we get our old emoticons back?
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Replies

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    Maybe someone could suggest a moderators suggestion box?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,269 Senior Member
    shush said:
    Maybe someone could suggest a moderators suggestion box?

Yeah shush, that is kinda where I envisioned this heading.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,521 Senior Member
    Some folks is so poor they can't even pay attention.........................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,409 Senior Member
    No---- forum is working just fine once the proper concentration and learning curve has been reached.

Hang in there Snake.
    This message has been deleted
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,445 Senior Member
    Hey!  Did you guys know that there are some new policies?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 17,638 Senior Member
    Yea, I still lose posts on occasion, no rhyme or reason that I've been able to tell. Sometimes, hitting reload will make the post re-appear in the edit box, then it will post the second time around.

And X100,000,000 on getting the old emoticons back! Most of them I'm finding "out there on the web" are cool - but HUGE. Why so damn big?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 2,284 Senior Member
    Is this where we sign up for the free marbles???🐵
    Hey!  Did you guys know that there are some new policies?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

Is this where we sign up for the free marbles???🐵
    Marbles are all gone but we still have some of thes;

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,920 Senior Member
    We're all grownups here, or at least we aged. Growing up is an option, BTW.

Snake, here's the skinny on disappearing posts, and part of posts so PAY ATTENTION!

IF you insert a cuss word, or use symbols above the number keys to mimic a word you can't say in Sunday School class, then the autocensor will cut out a large part of the post. The ;symbol has been proven to be an offending symbol when you string three or more together. Don't do that and your post, or part of your post, won't disappear into the digital 1 and 0 purgatory to never be seen again.

Old emoticons are gone, like last years Easter eggs. If you want to find some old ones and even some new ones, then bookmark this site.

http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html

With forum open in one tab, open New tab. Click on a category, click on the one you like and it will go to that one. Right click, Copy, click on the forum tab, and Paste it were you want it. If you want to repeat that one, then Right Click and paste to your heart's content. Some of them will not work, though. If the description has a word describing it that you can't use in Sunday School, then it won't post, and will probably eat your whole post. You know what those words are, so that's the way it is.

Another thing to do before posting that will save some aggravation on disappearing posts. Copy the body of the post before clicking on post comment. If the software eats your initial attempt, then paste it back and look for words, symbols, and maybe that emoticon with the 'dirty word' description you tried to post. If you ever used Microsoft word then you know about saving your work as you go so as not to lose it in digital La La Land!

That's all the advice I got.............................for now.

I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!