New Amazon delivery option. Put it in my trunk...

2»

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,818 Senior Member
    Both of my GM vehicles are 2010 model and I don't subscribe to OnStar......looks like I am safe.
    Safe from?  BTW just because you do not have a subscription to OnStar it does not meant that "they" can not access you car, track you, and perform interesting things like lock your ignition or even slow down your car to a stop... anytime, anyplace.   Same with most new cars,  It's in the fine print that no one reads...  he, he, he...
    Safe from the Amazon delivery driver.  You need a 2015 or newer model and an active OnStar account for their app to work.  Without my authorization through the app it becomes breaking and entering.  If I catch anyone in my truck I will just lob a cat grenade named EvilPuss in the window and that will fix his little red wagon.  Then the dust mop will take care of everything from the ankles on down.  I won't even need to draw my gun.  Rolling on the Floor Laughing animated emoticon

As for the rest of it, it's amazing what disconnecting the satellite antenna will do.
    I love your attack cat strategy!!!   :D

OnStar has not worked on Satellite for over 10 years now.  It's cellular, self contained head unit, and roams on the AT&T network in the US.  BTW they just told me your cat crapped in your trunk... 

"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

I have lived in a non-gated community since 2003. I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon, Ebay and other online retailers, and have never lost a package yet. Part of what little advantage I have is that my front entrance is about a 100 feet from the street, no bushes hiding the doorway, and there are two large square columns that most of my packages are hidden behind when the driver leaves them. Unless there is someone following the truck, no one would notice much at my front door. Not to say it can't happen, but at least not yet.
    Like most things in life folks will take a little added security even if bad things have not happened to them.  I've never had a package stolen either but if I have an option of making it a little more of a remote possibility then why not.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,920 Senior Member
    My vehicles are safe from that On Star satellite/cell mess. Neither have anything like that installed, or even close to anything like that installed.
    As to that service, it would be a convenience for folks that live in places where thieves thrive.

Problem with car alarms going off is that it's so common an occurrence that no one really pays attention to that mess much anymore. So someone jacking open a car trunk would have an easy time of it, and it's HIGHLY unlikely that the police would show up on time to do anything about it even if they were immediately called about the theft in progress.

There's some good Youtube videos of people getting back at the package thieves. One of the best is one that a guy used a big pile of dog feces with a small explosive charge and a remote detonator. Guy grabbed package and got in vehicle, and he and driver took off. Package went "BOOM" when the guy saw them open it as they took off. The vehicle stopped and the dog feces splattered occupants exited vehicle. I like that idea a LOT! Crap Hitting The Fan animated emoticon

I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 959 Senior Member
    Both of my GM vehicles are 2010 model and I don't subscribe to OnStar......looks like I am safe.
    Safe from?  BTW just because you do not have a subscription to OnStar it does not meant that "they" can not access you car, track you, and perform interesting things like lock your ignition or even slow down your car to a stop... anytime, anyplace.   Same with most new cars,  It's in the fine print that no one reads...  he, he, he...
    Safe from the Amazon delivery driver.  You need a 2015 or newer model and an active OnStar account for their app to work.  Without my authorization through the app it becomes breaking and entering.  If I catch anyone in my truck I will just lob a cat grenade named EvilPuss in the window and that will fix his little red wagon.  Then the dust mop will take care of everything from the ankles on down.  I won't even need to draw my gun.  Rolling on the Floor Laughing animated emoticon

As for the rest of it, it's amazing what disconnecting the satellite antenna will do.
    I love your attack cat strategy!!!   :D

OnStar has not worked on Satellite for over 10 years now.  It's cellular, self contained head unit, and roams on the AT&T network in the US.  BTW they just told me your cat crapped in your trunk... 

Ha! I knew they couldn't track me!  They have the wrong car.  I drive a truck.....no trunk!  mocking emoticon
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,445 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:

;) So, Wambli is OK with some strange guy packing junk in his trunk?

I was waiting to see when this would devolve to that level.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,162 Senior Member
    So was I, but, it was my birthday and I had a couple new to me beers, low hanging piñata and all that. Makes a guy ponder some stuff to send to Wambli, to put in his vehicle, on a hot summer day, because progress:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    edited April 27 #38
    CHIRO1989 said:
    So was I, but, it was my birthday and I had a couple new to me beers, low hanging piñata and all that. Makes a guy ponder some stuff to send to Wambli, to put in his vehicle, on a hot summer day, because progress:)
    Actually I thought it was funny.  And I fully expected someone’s brain to go there.  Beer lubrication usually helps 😁

ps. Happy Birthday 🎉🎂🎁 
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member
    The only problems I ever have with deliveries are about whether they can find my house. When in doubt, they just wrap it in plastic and throw it in the ditch.
    When I had my 90 lb Boxer named Butch, who our delivery guys were certain would one day eat his way through the door to get them, UPS, USPS and all the other carriers started just leaving all my packages just off my road by my mailbox.  It was a HUGE PIA...  BUT, we went though a spell of burglaries around our neighborhood.  My house was skipped...
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,345 Senior Member
    Freaking amateurs! They don't make trunks in cars big enough for my orders. FedEx, UPS, and USPS were all at my house today. I got a semi truck coming to deliver a pallet load next week.
    Freaking amateurs! They don't make trunks in cars big enough for my orders. FedEx, UPS, and USPS were all at my house today. I got a semi truck coming to deliver a pallet load next week.
    You are a one-of-a-kind brother.  
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 996 Senior Member
    About twenty years ago, I was quoted saying: “I like my new Acura but the trunk isn’t big enough for my gun.”  

People looked at me like i me I had a howitzer stashed in my garage,  
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    I just have everything shipped to my office.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 580 Senior Member
    Seems like the folks who use all the current technology to make life easier and more convenient, are also the ones who’s life’s are busier by packing more to do in their spare time.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,920 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    Probly some Cadillac owners in New York and Jersey that wont be signing up for that.

I remember reading about that in Popular Mechanics....
    I think he was referring to what the Amazon guy could find it the trunks.
    That backlog of bodies to dispose of could cause some problems during deliveries! :D
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

2»