Home Main Category General Firearms

Henry Single Shot Rifle

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
Looks like Henry is filling the vacuum created when that "Other Manufacturer" quit making break open single shot rifles. Henry's offering is a really nice looking rifle in both steel and what looks like brass covered steel frame offerings. And in .223, 243, .308, .44 Magnum, and .45-70; and in brass .44 Magnum and .45-70. If you're interested in getting a break open single shot, then these might fit the bill. Worth a look, anyway!

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/single-shot-rifle/

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
― Douglas Adams

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,858 Senior Member
    I like tang open lever.
    Hot cakes👍
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,348 Senior Member
    Wonder if there is enough meat in the chamber area to re-chamber a 44 mag to 444 marlin? I have a real hankering for a 444 single shot.

Sako
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,146 Senior Member
    A little steep on price but a lot better looking than an NEF
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    sakodude said:
    Wonder if there is enough meat in the chamber area to re-chamber a 44 mag to 444 marlin? I have a real hankering for a 444 single shot.

Sako
    Most likely it would; have to see one 'in person' as it were to make that determination. Length of the breech end of the barrel would determine that bit. .444 Marlin is only an inch longer than the .44 magnum, so there probably is enough 'meat' to do that. And they operate at similar pressures.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I've got a couple of lever action 45-70's and I've always been against putting a scope on a levergun but I would rock one of those in 45-70. The price is pretty reasonable too.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,773 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #7
    I like it
    For some reason I have been interested in one chambered in 45-70 since I shot the old Springfield trap door
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,795 Senior Member
    I have the NEF in 45-70 and like it a lot, bought a 444marlin barrel for it but have not tried it yet.
     I do like the looks of the Henry.