2nd Amendment/MAGA Advertising and CCW

DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior MemberPosts: 3,080 Senior Member
So, I love the current administration and would love to tweak the libs in the local area with T-Shirts and hats, but the fact that I live in an area where a MAGA or Trump hat might actually cause an altercation, I think it would be best to keep that to myself. What say you guys and gals?

It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain

Replies

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,980 Senior Member
    I say you're too white to wear that in your area of the state. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,479 Senior Member
    Anonymity had it's privileges.

Tweak em' at the poles.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,145 Senior Member
    What ??????????
    This message has been deleted
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,181 Senior Member
    I always found it useful that people proudly displayed those Obama stickers/hats/shirts because I knew I was dealing with an idiot ahead of time.

Show that pride!
    I always found it useful that people proudly displayed those Obama stickers/hats/shirts because I knew I was dealing with an idiot ahead of time.

Show that pride!
    Kinda like putting shirts on Jehovas Witnesses. 
    Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,583 Senior Member

Show that pride!
    Here's your sign...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,212 Senior Member
    The Florida Panhandle is the complete opposite with all the bases and retired military in the area. Bill Clinton went to Pensacola to campaign for his wife and he was at a neighborhood rec center with about 40 people in attendance. President Trump went to the Bay center (twice) which seats 10,000 and there were a few thousand people in the parking lot that couldn't get in. When you see a Prius with a "Hillary" sticker on it, it's usually a tourist.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,070 Senior Member
    So, I love the current administration and would love to tweak the libs in the local area with T-Shirts and hats, but the fact that I live in an area where a MAGA or Trump hat might actually cause an altercation, I think it would be best to keep that to myself. What say you guys and gals?

Better to go incognito, I think. Who wants to defend a tee shirt against an army of snowflakes wearing Che t-shirts? The carnage might be fun, for awhile, but the numbers would wear you down eventually, and then you would be bored again.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,816 Senior Member
    Agitating people that are on the edge of unhinged is not something I would do daily, maybe just a couple time per week:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member

Go ahead and poke the hornet's nest- - - - -just have a flamethrower ready for the response!

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 463 Member
    Just be armed.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,080 Senior Member
    Guy in new york just got stabbed for wearing a Trump hat. 

It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
    That's why I prefer to be the guy no one notices in the crowd. Not some douche advertising political parties, open carrying, etc.  Just Average Joe Public minding his own business. 
    Zee
    I don't even wear my favorite "red" jacket cos it is so damned bright. 

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,145 Senior Member
    ???????
    This message has been deleted
    When I'm in a public setting, I don't want to be the guy who catches the eye of the bad guy. Red stands out. If I want to make a surreptitious move, I want to be the one he's not looking at.

When I'm in a public setting, I don't want to be the guy who catches the eye of the bad guy. Red stands out. If I want to make a surreptitious move, I want to be the one he's not looking at.

I want to be the old fat guy who holds himself upright with a cane...who will pancake him like a bulldozer, if he looks away for two seconds.
    My uncle used to tell me "I may be old, fat, and slow, but I'm sneaky. " 
    Zee
    Now, if I can just disguise an AR to look like a cane. 
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,552 Senior Member
    You can make it look like a tennis racket ;)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    bisley said:

I want to be the old fat guy who holds himself upright with a cane...who will pancake him like a bulldozer, if he looks away for two seconds.
    It helps if the cane has a solid brass ball the size of a golf ball on the business end.  If that gets the BG's attention, I might not have to cut him or shoot him.
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    edited May 2 #23
    I have exactly that, a brass hame knob on a 1-1/8" oak stick, saturated with linseed oil to make it denser and heavier. It also has grooves around the bottom  2 feet to make it grip better when reversed.

I carry a 4" Benchmade, but don't like the idea of trading slashes with a sneaky guy who is half my age. The cane is just my compromise with my real favorite, a baseball bat.

ADDED LATER: I don't need a cane for support - my legs are fine. But I had vertigo a couple of years back, and since then have had a little balance control problem when walking in the dark, on stairs, or rough ground. Basically, I just use it occasionally and then just to nudge me back to 'plumb' every few steps, when I start to drift.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,694 Senior Member

As much fun as it sounds a liberal judge in your area would probably find you at fault if anything went down because you purposely incited the behavior with your attire.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,305 Senior Member
    Pretty sure hunting over bait is illegal in Illinois.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 463 Member
    cpj said:
    My uncle used to tell me "I may be old, fat, and slow, but I'm sneaky. " 
    Hopefully wasn’t THAT uncle, or else that just sounds creepy.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 882 Senior Member
    I wear a blue cap with  USA on the front and a 45 on the left side and have never had a problem. I doubt that many even know what the 45 represents.
    I have a large collection of hats that I wear and never have a problem. Back in 2017 I wore my Make America Great Again and never had any problems. It was interesting to see if anyone would say anything and many said they liked my hat, others just ignored it.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,694 Senior Member
    Quite frankly, snowflakes only attack when they believe there is no chance of retaliation...  Cowards will never stand up to anything they consider physically threatening.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    Nomadac said:
    I wear a blue cap with  USA on the front and a 45 on the left side and have never had a problem. I doubt that many even know what the 45 represents.

Maybe they think it is your age, and you have just had a hard life?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,721 Senior Member
    edited May 16 #30
    Funny those who claim to be tolerant are not, ain't it.

Some years ago I was driving South on I-75 near where it intersects with I-10 in FLA.....there is/was this huge Confederate flag flying easily seen from the Interstate. So I took a notion to salute it as I drove by, I looked over and some black woman in a little car I was passing looked like she was having a conniption fit.....................like I committed a capital crime or something..... she sped up and hit the exit toward Jacksonville in short order.

Heck, i dunno........she may have called the Highway Patrol to report a 'Hate Crime' (Obammy was Prez).......I had no intentions of harming her or anyone else..........just decided to salute those who who stood up and fought for what they believed in.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,721 Senior Member
    A young black man was just on TV, he was intimidated by employees at a Cheesecake Factory for wearing a MAGA cap on Mothers Day. The company said a couple of the workers have been fired.

They are so tolerant as long as you agree with them. Hypocrites.......
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!