Home Main Category General Firearms

Shot the Ruger PC carbine today

2»

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Well that should splain it!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,008 Senior Member
    Strange how that works----hey
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I have a Chinese copy of the Browning SA 22 takedown rifle. It will suffer from loosey goosey barrel, too, if the adjustment nut is backed off, so it's not like I'm newly aware of the problem. Nut on the Ruger was only backed off about 1/8th of a turn, but that was enough to introduce some slopicity (slopicity---highly technical term for unwanted loose fit of parts :) ) that wasn't really apparent without wiggling the forend on purpose.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,715 Senior Member
    So.... ya played with it too much and got yourself in trouble?
    Overkill is underrated.
    So.... ya played with it too much and got yourself in trouble?
    I didn't go blind, and it didn't go off by itself, so everything is copacetic. Thumbs up animated emoticon
    ― Douglas Adams
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,447 Senior Member
    Sounds like you've trouble shot the problem

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Big Chief said:
    NN said:
    We need to know what brands that thing will shoot
    And not to shoot the brand that blew up your Ruger....................

I think that brand went out of business -----it was .45 acp anyway
    Big Chief said:
    NN said:
    Big Chief said:
    NN said:
    We need to know what brands that thing will shoot
    And not to shoot the brand that blew up your Ruger....................

I think that brand went out of business -----it was .45 acp
    You didn't sign a Stormy Daniels non-disclosure type statement did you?

No but I forget the name
    Shot the Ruger 9mm carbine today with better results. The thing shoots a lot better when the forearm is tight to the receiver.
    Shot at 75 yards with the Remington 115 grain JHP ammo.

Shooting the smaller targets helped for some reason. Shooting with a zero magnification green dot scope with a 3 mil dot isn't exactly the best setup for accuracy. At 75 yards the dot almost covered the target. But it's good enough for the intended purpose.
    ― Douglas Adams
    Hey, lookin much mo better.

Did you try the good and crappy ammo?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    edited May 2018 #42
    Big Chief said:
    Hey, lookin much mo better.

Did you try the good and crappy ammo?
    Only shot the Remington HP ammo. It seemed to want to shoot better than the S&B FMJ.

Didn't even consider the USA Forged steel case for shooting. It was all over the place before; MUCH worse with the loose forearm/barrel than the Rem or S&B.
    ― Douglas Adams
    I got 1,000 rounds of 9mm ammo this morning delivered by the Big Brown Truck of Happiness. 10 boxes of Blazer Brass and 10 boxes of Federal Ultra Target and Range. I hope that's enough for the Shoot! I'll be bringing the rest of that USA Forged stuff if somebody wants to see 'in person' how craptastic that stuff really is.
    ― Douglas Adams
    Hey, sounds like a bunch of 9mm will slung at the shoot!
    I hereby officially and unofficially designate Zora to be Brass Catcher Extraordinaire at the shoot by the powers not vested in me!
    I'm gonna set up some kind of brass catcher for my table, and have a brass catcher that can be attached to the rifle for firing while standing, sitting, prone if anyone is so inclined. Gotta save that brass! :)
    ― Douglas Adams
    cpj said:
    tennmike said:
    I got 1,000 rounds of 9mm ammo this morning delivered by the Big Brown Truck of Happiness. 10 boxes of Blazer Brass and 10 boxes of Federal Ultra Target and Range. I hope that's enough for the Shoot! I'll be bringing the rest of that USA Forged stuff if somebody wants to see 'in person' how craptastic that stuff really is.
    Hell I'll try it in the hi point carbine. Can't hurt it or make it more ugly. 
    Could be a marriage made in heaven.
    edited May 2018 #48
    cpj said:
    tennmike said:
    Hell I'll try it in the hi point carbine. Can't hurt it or make it more ugly. 
    It shoots just fine. Just a little smoky, and Point of Aim and Point of Impact seem to be rank strangers! :D

Edit to add: I'll bring my Hi Point carbine and the Kel Tec Sub 2000 carbine, too. The Kel Tec doesn't fold now; I put a new forearm on it with a dot scope on it. Makes it a lot easier to shoot. The inline recoil of the Kel Tec makes felt recoil less than the Ruger...........kinda weird, but that's what I found out.
    ― Douglas Adams
    cpj said:
    My hi point doesn't need to come home with me. 
    Sell it to Zorba.
    cpj said:
    You gots two daughters. Might want to keep it as a cheap throw off the bridge gun, just in case. Sayin'! :D
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    I hereby officially and unofficially designate Zora to be Brass Catcher Extraordinaire at the shoot by the powers not vested in me!
    He could stand back and to the right a few feet and hold his skirt out to catch it in.

Mike a tarp on the ground makes collecting ti up easy.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    I'm gonna set up some kind of brass catcher for my table, and have a brass catcher that can be attached to the rifle for firing while standing, sitting, prone if anyone is so inclined. Gotta save that brass! :)

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #53
    Tennmike, you using Glock mags?? I'm bringing my High Point. Thought about throwing a cheap BSA red, green, blue dot scope on it before then. I may try to bring 1000 rounds 9mm ammo.

Will the red dot scope need a riser to line up with iron sights??
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,496 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Don’t all Hi Points end up in an Evidence Locker eventually?
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,692 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Big Chief said:
    cpj said:
    Sell it to Zorba.
    I'd have to spray paint some dollar bills on the side before he would want it. 😬

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Tennmike, you using Glock mags?? I'm bringing my High Point. Thought about throwing a cheap BSA red, green, blue dot scope on it before then. I may try to bring 1000 rounds 9mm ammo.

Will the red dot scope need a riser to line up with iron sights??
    Using Ruger mags on the Ruger, Glock mags on the Kel Tec Sub 2000, and funky Hi Point mags on the Hi Point carbine. To change out the magwell from the Ruger magwell to the Glock magwell takes a LOT of disassembly. And there are a LOT of high capacity Ruger magazines already out for it, so I don't really see the need to change them out.
    ― Douglas Adams
    I saw some of that crappy steel cased ammo today in Walmart fer a tad more you can get the brass stuff in 50/100/200 paks. Federal Brass, I wuz gonna grab a 200 rd box, but the clerk wondered off. I think it was $37 and some change, maybe 75 cents cheaper than the 100 rds and again that was maybe 50 cents less than the 50 rd pak.

I picked up 2  100 rd boxes last week of the Federal Brass.

I need to reload some 9mm using Gold Dots I have. I may have some Nosler HPs left too.