The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,128 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    NN said:
    zorba said:
    AANNNNNND - I'm out. As in outbid on that Garand. I'm just surprised it took this long. So back to plan A, a stop in Anniston at the CMP store on my way up to the shoot.

I'm going to monitor, it'll be interesting to see what the hammer price is.

You'd have just gotten an M-1 thumb anyway.
    I got a "Broomhandle thumb" a while back in a similar manner!

I even managed to get a M-14 thumb by forgetting under stress and operated it like a M-1 with the Gunny
    watching and staring in disbelief .

All he said was I see you have drilled with an M-1.
    I have a need for speed
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,534 Senior Member
    Still trying to decide what I'm taking to Jerry's in a few weeks
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,110 Senior Member
    cpj said:

Finally some shop time. Working on the chassis. (Circled in pink) Used scrap material, hence the holes and the big chunk that's missing. Just trying to get a process down. Kinda sucks, cause I may have been able to pull it off on the first try. Oh well 
    You forgot something on that watermark.
    Set up camp at Reelfoot lake. Yes it's raining so I'm stuck inside the camper typing this post.
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 460 Member
    cpj said:

Finally some shop time. Working on the chassis. (Circled in pink) Used scrap material, hence the holes and the big chunk that's missing. Just trying to get a process down. Kinda sucks, cause I may have been able to pull it off on the first try. Oh well 
    No bullets depicted from where the barrel will be?
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,534 Senior Member
    terminator012 said: You forgot something on that watermark.
    You ARE talking about CPJ...
    I suspect it looks EXACTLY as he wanted
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,938 Senior Member

Done for the evening.  Been on the concrete all day, hell managed to walk 4.5 miles in the shop just farting around. Back hurts, and I smell something awful. Time for to wash my junk and hit the hay. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    knitepoet said:
    terminator012 said: You forgot something on that watermark.
    You ARE talking about CPJ...
    I suspect it looks EXACTLY as he wanted

Oh, I'm sure he all ready knew. :D
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,972 Senior Member
    Can't work on my brass receiver tomorrow, so I'll work on that pistol caliber rifle. I need to thread the barrel, but not at the muzzle, and not at the breech; more at midpoint of barrel. It's complicated. Anyway, all I have to do is finish it up and spin the barrel back on tight to the receiver and headspace.; this is a rework project. Need to also drill and tap front ring for scope base, unless I decide something else.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

Zee
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    cpj said:

Is that to scale?

Add Text and Image Watermarks

Add your name or copyright notice along with symbols like © ® £ or your logo as watermarks on your photos. Stamp your authority over your images.

Think of the children.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

edited May 5 #29625
    cpj said:

Done for the evening.  Been on the concrete all day, hell managed to walk 4.5 miles in the shop just farting around. Back hurts, and I smell something awful. Time for to wash my junk and hit the hay. 
    It seems to be coming along very well or are you just pleased to see me?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,308 Senior Member
    Good looking project there CPJ !
    I can't make a plant stand & you guys build guns from scratch.
    Guess my talent is buying treasures ! ....... Lots of treasures !

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,245 Senior Member
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell

Considering something very not traditional. (Not that it was to begin with )Mixing some wood and recycled beer can. 
    Zee
    cpj said:

Considering something very not traditional. (Not that it was to begin with )Mixing some wood and recycled beer can. 

Very nice.

But what about the pistol?

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,547 Senior Member
    edited May 5 #29630
    When I was doing my latest project on the house, my late Father's Milwaukee drill blew a TRIAC and would only run in single speed mode. After opening it up and finding that the TRIAC was in a potted assembly of some kind, so it wasn't immediately obvious how to deal with it, I sent it off to Milwaukee under their $99 repair program.

Long story short, for my $99 they sent me a MUCH nicer, brand new drill. I ain't complaining, although I'm sad to see "Hecho en China" on the label...

I have more drill motors than anybody ever needed, all but one of them belonged to someone who is now dead!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
    I'm not a Milwaukee fan boy since they've turned to hecho in China. Still decent tools, but ain't all that and a bowl of grits. 
    Guy at work is, was making fun of my Makita cause it was an Asian import. He about crapped when I showed him some facts. Anyway, funny you say this. I posted an ild
    Milwaukee hole shooter on Craigslist a day ago. Dudes picking it up tomorrow. It's a made in USA model. 
    Zee
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,128 Senior Member
    cpj said:

Looks like a ZIP gun
    I have a need for speed
    Yesterday was Star Wars Day (May the Fourth be with you). Today is not only Sinko de Mayo, but also Star Wars Revenge of the Fifth Day.

In other news, I got buttonholed this morning to 'help' with more farm equipment. If you've never broken a tractor in half between two BIG overhead hoists for a clutch, pressure plate, and associated parts replacement, then I can tell you with some assurance that you've never lived on the wild side! Getting it broken in half to get to the clutch is the easy part; it's getting the two halves back together that is the FUN part! The company was excellent, and conversation lively, so it was a good day. Having some extra long bolts to keep everything aligned for assembly was a BIG plus, too. And it worked after reassembly and with NO parts left over!
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

edited May 5 #29634
    cpj said:
    I'm not a Milwaukee fan boy since they've turned to hecho in China. Still decent tools, but ain't all that and a bowl of grits. 
    Guy at work is, was making fun of my Makita cause it was an Asian import. He about crapped when I showed him some facts. Anyway, funny you say this. I posted an ild
    Milwaukee hole shooter on Craigslist a day ago. Dudes picking it up tomorrow. It's a made in USA model. 
    Its pretty disgusting when an iconic brand like Milwaukee is Hecho en China. What I really wanted was my Dad's drill fixed, and it was entirely repairable, they just didn't want to do it. I probably should have tried harder I guess...

That WAS a brand new double ended 1/8" end mill. Cork soaking mortar forker. 
    Zee
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,308 Senior Member
    cpj said:

I think I have some of those CPJ.
    Are you in the Milwaukee area ?
    No, I'm in the Missouri area. 
    Zee
    Wife's female sibling is stirring the pot again, trying to drag the entire family into her DRAMA. She knows better than to contact us though.

cpj said:

Those 1/8" mills don't take sideloading with anything but a snail's pace feed well at all. And depth of cut is something to which they are overly sensitive. Hogging passes are straight out unless you have a machine doing 10 zillion rpm with a flood coolant feed. Using a 1/16 mill, even in plastic, will make you sweat bullets.

That also looks like aluminum plate. Aluminum tends to bunch up behind the mill and the cutter catches it and runs it through the area being cut. This binds the cutter and breaks it, too, even with slow feed. Time to get the shop messy and get that air compressor running with a blow gun nozzle on the end of the hose to get those chips out of the way before they cause grief.

I learned that stuff the HARD way, too.

I had the air blowing. 
    Broke one. Ok, too fast. 
    Try again. 
    Ok, that's cool, seems fine, let's give it a little more SNAP! 
    Zee
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 460 Member
    cpj said:

Just busted the exact same end mill Friday. 3/8 collet size, 1/8 cutter.