UPDATED: NICE new leather from an outfit called 1791...

2»

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,644 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    It was only once and it was not a mirror that lost the draw. Let's just say snap caps are now accesory "de rigueur" when I practice drawing and dry firing... :tooth:
    You told me you limped due to an old sports injury....
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,710 Senior Member
    Nope...

Well if you shot the ceiling fan you are aiming to high and if you hit da floor, too low...............so did you hit the immediate "Threat" in front of you with dazzling speed and accuracy?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,684 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Well if you shot the ceiling fan you are aiming to high and if you hit da floor, too low...............so did you hit the immediate "Threat" in front of you with dazzling speed and accuracy?
    Yep... Most expensive target I've ever shot...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    You told me you limped due to an old sports injury....
    I lied...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,644 Senior Member
    I lied...
    I can understand not wanting to own up to ANOTHER injury from Mrs. Ska incurred by your less than wise actions....

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Overkill is underrated.
    So back to holsters. Carried the wife's 43 in the new holster all day over 12 hours. Very comfortable, swiftly forgot it was there. Dress was a pair of casual slacks and an untucked button down dress shirt.
    I can understand not wanting to own up to ANOTHER injury from Mrs. Ska incurred by your less than wise actions....

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Glad you get it war monkey. Not very manly to admit your wife can kick your ass...
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,880 Senior Member
    Glad you get it war monkey. Not very manly to admit your wife can kick your ass...

You might as well admit it, enough have met her and know its true.

As for the holster, nice to hear it worked with the 43. Need to add it to the need to try list
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Bump for update on durability (originals bought 8/2017) and new 1911 holster I just bought (see above).  Great leather and it's holding up very well so if you need new leather, pull the trigger on 1791 Holsters.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,880 Senior Member
    Wasnt it the TV drawing against little joe ?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    Wasnt it the TV drawing against little joe ?
    Kind'a...
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,130 Senior Member
    They say one is made for the P365. It also list the Shield in the same listing. Not sure if it fits Shield if it would be right for the Sig.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,070 Senior Member
    edited May 8 #44
    Very nice, and a fair price.

A leather hobbyist, as I once was, would probably spend a week turning out something similar, without special tools, and it definitely would not look as good. Just getting the holes for stitching done is a big deal for me, and it never looks that good.

Of course, the imperfections, themselves, are what identifies a holster as 'hand made.' For $45, I would rather have your store-bought model. For $145, I might do it myself, and ignore the imperfections, or claim that they give it 'character.'
    They say one is made for the P365. It also list the Shield in the same listing. Not sure if it fits Shield if it would be right for the Sig.
    Well if you buy one for the 365 I'll be very interested in your range report since that gun seems to loom close in my horizon.

bisley said:
    Very nice, and a fair price.

A leather hobbyist, as I once was, would probably spend a week turning out something similar, without special tools, and it definitely would not look as good. Just getting the holes for stitching done is a big deal for me, and it never looks that good.

Of course, the imperfections, themselves, are what identifies a holster as 'hand made.' For $45, I would rather have your store-bought model. For $145, I might do it myself, and ignore the imperfections, or claim that they give it 'character.'
    Oh this is most certainly a mass produced item.  Cut with a press and stitched by machine.  But while I appreciate handmade, specially when the maker is a friend or relative, this holster is on the same footing in looks and quality as the big makers like Galco, Bianchi and such and quite frankly the leather is heavier and it feels more "robust" for lack of a better word.  I don't know how they get this done at the price point.  One thing I have noticed is that the edges are not finished with some of the hard paint-like finishes some of the big holster makers use so they tend to be a little softer but if that becomes an issue (which it has not) I can re-finish myself with some of the stuff I have at home from my leather working kit.
    Well if you buy one for the 365 I'll be very interested in your range report since that gun seems to loom close in my horizon.
    I did one sorta. Thought you commented on the thread. I will have it at the shoot. 
    I did one sorta. Thought you commented on the thread. I will have it at the shoot. 
    Oh I know about the gun.  I meant if you get one of these holsters for it I’d like to know about the fit.  Fits on the 43 like a glove but I just realized my daughter stole my 1791 holster for the 43 anyway because it fit her Kahr K9 so well too 🤬
    Lol. Think they not watching us. This showed up while I was scrolling on FB a minute ago. 

Oh they hear/see everything.  And yes I got the matching keychain with the 1911 holster I just bought 😎
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,025 Senior Member
    Looks good to me...thanks for the tip. And the prices are not bad at all. Sent them an email asking a fitment question, I'll probably pick up a couple.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
    Looks good to me...thanks for the tip. And the prices are not bad at all. Sent them an email asking a fitment question, I'll probably pick up a couple.
    You are welcome.  Always enjoy giving good reports on companies that deliver quality goods!
2»