S&W Smith & Wesson 642 CT .38 Special with Crimson Trace Laser Grips

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 31,710 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,710 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    I am in no way affiliated with any gun dealer/shop or any business.

Just a PSA to fellow gun nuts.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,130 Senior Member
     That's a good price. 
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,569 Senior Member
    edited May 9 #5
    I'M just glad there is no RK around here.
    BK is bad enough.
    Yep, good deals don't last long at RK and other joints.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,104 Senior Member
    I'm sure its a great deal and I love shooting 38s, but I would never be satified with it knowing I couldn't shoot .357s in it. I always want the option if there is an option.

Actually, though I woudn't mind another .357-.38, I really want something .44. One thing, though I don't want a strictly .38, there is one strictly .44 I would have, the Charter Arms Bull Dog. I don't understand my attraction to it, but I've had it since I was a kid.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,565 Senior Member
    I could do without the laser grips.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
     I don't think this model has the cocking piece that allows you to fire it SA if desired, can't tell. I'd like that option if I got one of their ilk.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,000 Senior Member
    The model pictured does not have the hammer, the model with the rounded frame does. I prefer the Chief's Special with the exposed hammer myself.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,070 Senior Member
    I have one of those that I paid over $500 for, several years ago. The CT Laser is a great option, Mine is still running on the original battery, and I use it for dry-fire trigger control exercises. I don't carry it much, since getting the Shield trigger tweaked to my satisfaction, but it is a great pocket revolver.