Attention hound- - - - - -

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,141 Senior Member

Whatever respect I might have had for John McCain has sort of evaporated.  He's going to play the attention-grabbing narcissist right to the end.  Like a lot of other career politicians, he lets nothing get in the way of a headline, even to the point of dis-inviting Trump to his own funeral.  He singlehandedly torpedoed the repeal of Obamacare, and he's been an obstructionist on several other pieces of key legislation just to soothe his wounded feelings.  The sooner the self-absorbed windbag croaks, the better, as far as I'm concerned!  Apparently, he's also been involved in blocking efforts to account for a bunch of MIA's who got left behind at the end of the war.  If that's true, he needs to burn for an eternity!

Jerry

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,581 Senior Member
    I loved him in Y2K - but he's gone downhill ever since. I think the brain tumor is making him worse.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,136 Senior Member
    I lost all respect for McCain long before this.  He went out of his way to stop anything Trump wanted passed just because he could. 
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,245 Senior Member
    MCCain’s craziness started back in 2007-8 when he choose Palin as his VP running mate. I swear by doing so he handed the Dems the WH. Had he picked a stronger running mate ... Giuliani, Huckabee or Paul it would have been harder for Odumba to have walked in like he did. That was when I first started questioning his politics.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,993 Senior Member
    He's been no friend of the military, and especially VN Vets, for a LONG time. He's lashing at everyone now, including his former running mate Sarah Palin. He's like Hillary in one respect in that he thought it was HIS turn to be President, and shot himself in the foot the same as she did.

And if he IS blocking efforts to find and return the remains of MIAs of the VN war then he needs his butt kicked hard for that.

Instead of dying with some dignity, he's going to pitch a fit right up until they throw the dirt in on the casket.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member

Do a little research on the way he has obstructed efforts to account for POW's and MIA's.  There are volumes of very suspicious information about his actions, and with that much smoke, maybe there's a little fire somewhere?

Jerry

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,710 Senior Member
    edited May 7 #7
    My late FIL, a 30 year Navy man despised JM. I guess he retired in the late 70s.  He had tours on the ground/jungle in Vietnam and also did underwater demolitions among other things.

I got his underwater diving knife, needs work done on it and new cork or whatever they used to wrap the handle grips. Not a special issue, I believe USMC, Camillus. I threw the underwater flare he had taped to the sheath away. 

If you wanted to get him cussing like a sailor, just mention JM around him. 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,693 Senior Member
    The auto censor wouldn't let you put whore in the title?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    I didn't try, but that's definitely what I meant!  He's a politician, right?  Some things are obvious!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,613 Senior Member
    edited May 7 #10
    I have lost any 'respect' I may have had since his 2008 botched campaign, and it's gone downhill from there. The guy infuriates me to no end and as far as I am concerned, he can eat crap and go die. He and others are de facto democrats, and y'all know how I feel about them critters........ :s
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,070 Senior Member
    edited May 7 #11
    I give respect to anyone who served, but being tortured doesn't make him a hero, by my definition. The heroes were the ones who died under torture, without giving in. The others were just good men who probably tried their best, and can be forgiven for giving in, after the usefulness of any tactical information they knew had expired.

Besides, there have been several veterans with good records, who have tried to cash in on their name recognition. It doesn't cancel out their service, but it doesn't buy them privilege, beyond an initial benefit of the doubt, before evidence is brought against them. Good character is not a 'one-off' thing - it has to be maintained. Anybody can make a mistake, but a military man knows that he is still responsible, even if he meant well.

Ask Randy Cunningham.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,303 Senior Member
    I have lost any 'respect' I may have had since his 2008 botched campaign,
    He lost me in 2000 when he sided with Andrew McKelvie's "Americans for Gun Safety" and even recorded ads for them that showed before movies where he stood with Barbara Boxer and supported gun control.
    Some info on it:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/02/how-the-gun-control-movement-got-smart/272934/

I have TRIED several times to find the one I saw in theaters online, but it I cant find it.  McCain is a sellout, and the definition of a RINO. 

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    I had not paid much attention to gun issues until I joined this forum. Now I feel it is of paramount importance, if we are to retain our current rights.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
    Our founders who had lived under tyrannical rulers who were blatant about disarming their subjects had firsthand knowledge of what can happen to defenseless people.  A couple of hundred years of enjoying the freedom they gave us has turned far too many of us into compliant sheep.  The wolves we have elected seem to have developed a taste for mutton.  We simply cannot allow that trend to continue!
    Teach said:
    Our founders who had lived under tyrannical rulers who were blatant about disarming their subjects had firsthand knowledge of what can happen to defenseless people.  A couple of hundred years of enjoying the freedom they gave us has turned far too many of us into compliant sheep.  The wolves we have elected seem to have developed a taste for mutton.  We simply cannot allow that trend to continue!
    Obviously, people like us are resistant, but I don't know what we're going to do about all the brainwashed morons in this country who are thrilled that they may get the gun control that they long for, but might regret, once it is implemented. Wholesale killing of the tyrants was OK in 1776, but I doubt that is going to be accepted these days.

The vast majority of the population of the colonies was ambivalent at best, or downright opposed to the revolution.  If it happens again, I'm sure those numbers would probably repeat themselves.  Give the inner city ghetto dwellers "bread and circuses" or maybe "SNAP and the NBA", and they'll sit out another one!  Some things never change!

Jerry

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,993 Senior Member
    Only 3% of the population was under arms during the revolution. I think we could muster a few more than that, maybe, if it has to be done again. Maybe......................
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,245 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Only 3% of the population was under arms during the revolution. I think we could muster a few more than that, maybe, if it has to be done again. Maybe......................
    3% if it was a foreign entity would be nothing but against our standing government might be harder than you think. Citizens are more controlled by what “could happen” legally, financially or such and that would keep many from fighting. Just like if there is ever a gun grab the idea of being convicted for having an “unregistered AR, AK, etc” and not being able to provide for your family will cause a lot more people than you think to meekly walk down to the gun collection point and hand it over.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,167 Senior Member
    I still have a lot of respect for him as a person, but the sooner he's off the national stage will be a minute too late. Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,710 Senior Member
     Never  Waving White Flag animated emoticon  your Pilgrim with gun animated emoticon
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Now the scumbag is opposing the CIA director's appointment- - - -he's going to stir the pot as long as he's above ground.  He's also admitting he sent the fake "dossier" on Trump to James Comey.  Is euthanasia really such a bad idea?

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,880 Senior Member
    Next thing you know he will be OK with giving California that 1 Billion they want for Illegal Immigrant healthcare
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5