The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,688 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Went grocery shopping at Walmart today. (Sigh...........)
    IF your butt looks like two raccoons fighting in a sack of corn, then spandex IS NOT FOR YOU! DON'T WEAR IT! What has been seen cannot be unseen, and I think I took some minor brain damage from it. :#
    Them Walmartians can be scary...............Freaking Out emoticon
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,534 Senior Member
    I need to load some ammo tomorrow
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,110 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    I need to load some ammo tomorrow
    Load a bunch of 300 BO for me. B)
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 721 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Went grocery shopping at Walmart today. (Sigh...........)
    IF your butt looks like two raccoons fighting in a sack of corn, then spandex IS NOT FOR YOU! DON'T WEAR IT! What has been seen cannot be unseen, and I think I took some minor brain damage from it. :#
    What we need is some common sense spandex control.  I see having to pass a height/weight check in order to be issued a spandex owners card and a 3 day waiting period.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,688 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Green beans up good. Came home late this afternoon and 2 rabbits had found them. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,308 Senior Member
    My first garden in the country .........lost everything to bunny s. Three foot fence went up & haven't had a problem. Wild life doesn't like people !
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,534 Senior Member
    I inherited the shotgun I used to use to keep rabbits out of my granddad's garden.

I'd go "scouting" right at dusk, with my flashlight. If I saw a rabbit anywhere on the place, I'd go to his house, "Grandaddy, there's a rabbit out here." He'd hand me the shotgun (Hero 12 ga) and one shell and tell me, "Well go kill it" And most times, I did
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,020 Senior Member
    Green beans up good. Came home late this afternoon and 2 rabbits had found them. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it.
    It's all about the weekly farmer's market for us city dwellers. If we ever get outa here though, I do believe it would be worth it to us.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,972 Senior Member
    What we need is some common sense spandex control.  I see having to pass a height/weight check in order to be issued a spandex owners card and a 3 day waiting period.
    One thing that would help, especially with the animal skin print spandex is a rule that states:
    NOT SOLD TO ANYONE WHO WEIGHS MORE THAN THE ANIMAL THE PRINT DEPICTS
    That would stop the HUGE cheetas and leopards running around in the stores. :D
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

It's all about the weekly farmer's market for us city dwellers. If we ever get outa here though, I do believe it would be worth it to us.
    Nothing like growing your own in a garden. And using 'heirloom seeds' to do it, too. The old fashioned non hybrid seeds have the best tasting vegetables at harvest time. Case in point, those HUGE strawberries grown now don't have anywhere near the natural taste and sweetness of the smaller heirloom varieties. Tasting them side by side, you'd swear the huge ones are made of sweetened cardboard. There are several places to get the heirloom seeds from online. Just google -heirloom garden seeds- and have at it.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,444 Senior Member
    edited May 12 #29744
    At the pharmacy thismorning.

Pharmacist says my associate's not hear yet she has the cash, I don't have any.

I say, is she single? I need a woman with cash.

🐵
    At the pharmacy thismorning.

Pharmacist says my associate's not hear yet she has the cash, I don't have any.

I say, is she single? I need a woman with cash.

🐵
    Women, what's hers is hers, and what's yours is hers, therefore, she's got a LOT! :D

In news of the weird, my motor start capacitors arrived today, which is four days earlier than expected. Guess I'll get in the shop tomorrow and do the replacement and do a 'smoke test' on the milling machine. I need to make a part for the 'other rifle' I'm building for the shoot.

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,938 Senior Member

Getting closer. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    cpj said:

Getting closer. 
    I like.. I'd love to be able to do something like that. 
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 460 Member
    Love it. Looking awesome. You gonna put a buttstock on it?
    Nope. It's going to be a pistol. I really wanted one of those chipmunk .22 pistols. But they were just a bit cheesy for my taste. Can be made real nice, be wasn't a fan of the bolt. Real flimsy. Anyway, this fills that niche. 
    Here's the deal though. The barrel is like 18". Too long for my wants. I'm thinking 12-14. Of course I can cut and crown it. BUT! it shoots DAMN good
    as is. I'd hate to **** that up. 
    Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,547 Senior Member
    That's starting to look "real" - I like it!!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
    zorba said:
    That's starting to look "real" - I like it!!
    It's growing on me. Still
    not totally satisfied with the looks. But if it shoots, has a decent trigger, and doesn't blow up, I'll call it a
    success. 
    I went to bend the bolt to clear the scope mount. Found out how the bolt handle was fixed to the bolt body. Solder. 
    Got it the rest of the way out, then heat and beat to shape. Installed the handle again which has a threaded hole what for attaching the striker spring guide deal to the inside of the body. Used that guide to line it up, and just super glued it in place. The threads alone will hold it, the glue keeps it from rotating 
    Zee

Zee
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 460 Member
    cpj said:
    Nope. It's going to be a pistol. I really wanted one of those chipmunk .22 pistols. But they were just a bit cheesy for my taste. Can be made real nice, be wasn't a fan of the bolt. Real flimsy. Anyway, this fills that niche. 
    Here's the deal though. The barrel is like 18". Too long for my wants. I'm thinking 12-14. Of course I can cut and crown it. BUT! it shoots DAMN good
    as is. I'd hate to **** that up. 
    If it shoots great, don’t **** it up. I doubt you’ll be shooting it offhand anyhow so I don’t imagine that a longer bbl matters much. And I like the looks of it. Maybe round a few edges and mill a few slots for details, but it looks good.  And also been there too with learning the hard way that something was silver soldered but it seems you got it worked out. I love the updates.
    Oh is a bench affair only, certainly.   Ill
    get it together and shoot it and make
    up my mind at that point. I would like
    to have it a little more portable, it
    would be hand for squirrel hunting. 
    Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,870 Senior Member
    Is it going to remain having only one scope ring?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,308 Senior Member
    When I grow up I hope to be able to make something that nice ! ( I may be a little late to that party ! ) lol
    Really a nice job there !

Diver43 said:
    Is it going to remain having only one scope ring?
    No. I had to bend the bolt to make it clear. Which I did last night.   I'm down to drilling and tapping one hole, then cosmetic stuff. Which probably won't be much at this time. I've got plenty of other stuff to do to get ready for the trip. 
    Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,870 Senior Member
    edited May 13 #29758
    Yours, Zorbas BP CVA, my CCA in .223 and i think ole sniper has a chipmunk. We can line them up 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Sigh...

Someone PLEASE tell me why EVERYTHING has polarized plugs these days...

edited May 13 #29760
    Meh...

My "main" sewing machine, a White 690, has always been a bit on the finicky side. When it decides it doesn't want to behave, it can be a royal PITA to figure out what its so upset about. This time, some kind of sticky glue crap near the top end of the needle - that's a new one. Must have picked it up from something I was sewing on - come to think of it, I had glued a new patch onto my shooting skirt before sewing it down. Well, duh...

Making a pair of Muscle-Bustle pillows for my wife's Etsy shop - but if any of y'all happen to want one, I'd be happy to deliver to the shoot! Now my wife recently increased the price, but 'cause all y'all are friends, I can let you have one at the old price - limited time offer! Put some Muscle in yer Bustle with the Muscle-Bustle pillow!

zorba said:
    Sigh...

Someone PLEASE tell me why EVERYTHING has polarized plugs these days...
    Because there's no reason for stuff not to. Why make/store two different style plugs when one will do? 
    Zee