OK House passes 'Constitutional Carry'

bisleybisley Senior MemberPosts: 10,222 Senior Member
I hope this makes it through the OK Senate. It appears that Governor Mary Fallin will sign it.

If it passes, Texas may try to 'outdo' them by passing something even better. It is going to make policemen nervous for a while, but should make them feel better, in the long run.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/26/oklahoma-house-passes-constitutional-carry-gun-bill.html

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,207 Senior Member
    Good deal
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,256 Senior Member
    Was just reading this, Good News all around
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 325 Member
    Excellent!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,272 Senior Member
    I will be traveling to OK soon, anybody local to Owasso or there abouts and what is the deal with carry reciprocity there?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 39,174 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I will be traveling to OK soon, anybody local to Owasso or there abouts and what is the deal with carry reciprocity there?
    Why? Don't you know there's Oklahomans there?
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,222 Senior Member
    That's Osage Indian territory - better take a repeating rifle and ride a fast horse.
    cpj said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Why? Don't you know there's Oklahomans there?

Well, I will be attending the wiener dog races, I need someone to steer me through what to wear to such an event and how to bet on said wiener dogs. Apparently they serve beer too.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    bisley said:
    That's Osage Indian territory - better take a repeating rifle and ride a fast horse.

If they are anything like our Ojibwe's, they will just ignore this Q-tip.
    I had a blast in OK, 12 hours of driving today, not so much. It was supposed to be a Chihuahua race, did not happen this year unfortunately
    So, without the races, what did you find to do?

I grew up with many trips to OK, where most of my relatives lived, and I was very content in the rural atmosphere. I never felt like a visitor, so I'm curious about what visitors from the north find appealing about it.
    We were in Tulsa by way of Owasso. It was 80 and DRY, felt pretty good compared to 80 and humid in MN. Folks were very nice, service was good and folks engaged us I am sure because of our "accents". Roads were clean and well maintained, drivers were not too bad, tollways blowed though. No bugs that I encountered and we were at an outdoor wedding in Broken Arrow next to a pond. Excellent BBQ and Mexican cuisine. We went to the Aquarium and that was nice and well maintained. Went Downtown to the Cinco de Mayo event on a blocked off street and were entertained by Luchadores (wrestlers), huge men, the best was a guy in a pig mask that went by Psycho Sooee. Very impressive public schools buildings and facilities. Lots of churches, folks seem very genuine in that respect. It was pretty green when we were there, my BIL said it was quite a bit different terrain 20 miles to the west.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,364 Senior Member
    Yeah man I hope it passes. Then Texas will almost definitely follow suit.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,610 Senior Member
    The bill has passed the OK Senate as well, and now sits on the desk of Governor Mary Fallin. What is she waiting for?
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,080 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    We were in Tulsa by way of Owasso. It was 80 and DRY, felt pretty good compared to 80 and humid in MN. Folks were very nice, service was good and folks engaged us I am sure because of our "accents". Roads were clean and well maintained, drivers were not too bad, tollways blowed though. No bugs that I encountered and we were at an outdoor wedding in Broken Arrow next to a pond. Excellent BBQ and Mexican cuisine. We went to the Aquarium and that was nice and well maintained. Went Downtown to the Cinco de Mayo event on a blocked off street and were entertained by Luchadores (wrestlers), huge men, the best was a guy in a pig mask that went by Psycho Sooee. Very impressive public schools buildings and facilities. Lots of churches, folks seem very genuine in that respect. It was pretty green when we were there, my BIL said it was quite a bit different terrain 20 miles to the west.
    We have had a very dry winter and spring. So far the humidity has not been terribly high and just one or two days at a time. 

How craptacular are your roads in the Great White North that the roads in and around Tulsa seem good? 

Toll roads suck. 

Been too too cold until just recently for bugs. Come back next month, the best skeeter rodeos are in June and July. Vicious bastards. 

The Tulsa Aquarium is awesome. I try to avoid downtown at all costs, really any downtown. 

You ou were in “Green Country”. West into Osage County there is lots more grassland. Still hilly but far fewer trees. West of Osage County it flattens out and turns to crop land. 

I live a couple hundred miles West of Owasso, in the Cherokee Strip. It could almost be another planet. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 39,174 Senior Member
    edited May 11 #16
    Dude. Our mosquitoes ain't got **** on northern skeeters. Those bastards steal babies at night if you leave the window open. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    horselips said:
    The bill has passed the OK Senate as well, and now sits on the desk of Governor Mary Fallin. What is she waiting for?
    She was probably waiting for it to fail in the Senate, thereby avoiding a controversy that forces her to evaluate which precincts she needs to please, to be re-elected. :)
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Sounds like a good trip to me.

The Cinco de Mayo celebration made me recall a San Antonio 'adventure' we had, many years ago (circa 1980). My wife and I, and four other couples were in the area to ride the rapids on the Guadalupe River, at New Braunfels, and we ventured into San Antonio for a good Mexican resturant. We got swept up into the Budweiser Festival and ended up dancing in the streets to Mariachi bands, and drinking large quantities of many local beverages (not necessarily Budweiser), About midnight, we noticed that we were the only gringos still standing, but we were treated fine, anyway. Those folks knew how to party.
    edited May 12 #19
    bisley said:
    ...It appears that Governor Mary Fallin will sign it....

Wrong! She vetoed it.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    I suppose she's tired of being governor, right?  Or maybe she's "term-limited" and doesn't have to worry about getting elected again?
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 17,955 Senior Member
    Veto override?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,610 Senior Member
    The bill passed the OK house just over 67% of the vote, and the Senate with over 78%. Enough for an override - if they can all stick together. 

Not likely. Democrats can always be counted on to misgovern, Republicans to not govern. Alas.