Ordered the DSA SA 58

North ForestNorth Forest MemberPosts: 287 Member
After deciding quite a while back that this was the rifle I just had  to have, and then saving up for the crazy price, I ordered the DSA SA 58 FAL yesterday, with the 18" traditional profile barrel and classic features like the carry handle. I plan to scope it so I also ordered the railed top cover. DSA is real busy right now so it will be a wait, about six weeks. In the meantime I'll be getting the scope and some extra mags, and ammo. Was thinking about using the Vortex Strike Eagle 1x6-24 .Looking forward to a new flavor of fun.

[URL=http://s76.photobucket.com/user/karmannbob/media/DSA SA 58.jpg.html][IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j17/karmannbob/DSA SA 58.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Replies

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,025 Senior Member
    Very cool! It will be worth the wait I'm sure. Don't forget pictures when you get it...we wanna see it!
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • North ForestNorth Forest Member Posts: 287 Member
    http://s76.photobucket.com/user/karmannbob/media/DSA SA 58.jpg.html?filters[user]=18650317&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Here's an image from the DSA website. I seem to be having trouble doing photos today. Hope it works.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,816 Senior Member
    Very nice! You Suck! one of those is on my list, other stuff keeps showing up to spend money on.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 19,447 Senior Member
    I’ve oft contemplated getting one of those. Will be interested in your report. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 990 Senior Member
    Nice.  I always wanted a FAL.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,710 Senior Member
    Looks like the battle rifles the schnitzel chompers in the West German army carried, the G3.

Congrats.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,104 Senior Member
    edited May 12 #8
    Schnitzel Chompers be smart people.
    One day I want to have an FAL. I think you did good.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,565 Senior Member
    Not Germany, they carried the G 3, which is like the HK 91.  The FAL was carried by the UK, the Argentinians, and I think the Belgians.   And others as well.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,341 Senior Member
    I’ve owned a couple of FAL’s over the years, nice rifles. I can’t really give an answer to why none of them stuck.

congrats on yours, looking forward to the pics and range report.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,053 Senior Member
    i think you will like it.

are you going to get a 22LR conversion for it ?
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
    Here's a fairly good history of the FAL:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_FAL

This torture test video by DSA really impressed me:

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,684 Senior Member
    Some day one of those and I will cross paths.  Congrats, very coool toy!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,644 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    Not Germany, they carried the G 3, which is like the HK 91.  The FAL was carried by the UK, the Argentinians, and I think the Belgians.   And others as well.
    Actually, Germany did carry the FAL.  Called it the G1.  But you're right about the G3. 
    Overkill is underrated.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    ............  The FAL was carried by the UK,....

We had the "inch pattern" L1A1 (SLR)

From the early '50 up to the 1980s

Lots of weeping and gnashing of teeth but it went.

A few quirky bits;

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!