Just finished the "Ranch" on Netflix

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 1,253 Senior Member
I just finished season 4 of the Ranch on Netflix.  I've got to say it's a funny show and I enjoyed it.  Wife was mixed on it.  Looking forward to season 5 though I've got to say I can do without Rooster's character and looking forward to him not being on the show moving forward.  It's like he regurgitated the same lame lines show after show.

Anyone else watch it and your thoughts?

Now I need a new series to watch, recommendations?
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,569 Senior Member
    We liked it!

New series? "Travelers" - 2 seasons, Netflix.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,552 Senior Member
    I watched during the holidays. Last episode I saw was when the dad left for surgery and the boys finagling fell through. Is the new season out yet?
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,485 Senior Member

I liked it...But I'll watch just about anything while deployed.

Though, I haven't seen a single show/movie with Sam Elliot that was bad.

"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,681 Senior Member
    Very good show.  I'm eagerly awaiting for season 5 too.  Wife and I just finished season 1 of AMC's The Son (on Hulu?) and it was excellent.  Really looking forward to season 2.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,709 Senior Member
    Yep, liked The Son, good show.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,133 Senior Member

I've watched all 4 seasons.  It took a few episodes to get into it, but not it's one of our favorites.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,068 Senior Member
    I watched the first few episodes because I like Sam Elliot, and thought it was pretty funny, but I got bored with the other characters, quickly.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,485 Senior Member
    I wonder how much of it is ad lib. Some off it seems off the cuff.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,681 Senior Member
    I wonder how much of it is ad lib. Some off it seems off the cuff.
    I'm pretty sure the actors/characters get a fair amount of leeway with their lines.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton