Man cave stuff

1151617181921»

Replies

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,316 Senior Member
    Still kicking timc. Did manage to get the steam washer out & filled with free water from the rain barrels !

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,341 Senior Member
    Nice,  now looks like you have more cleaning to do, glad the water barrels worked out.

I’ve been laying off the last few days letting my shoulder heal up. The pain is due to a detached muscle on the back of my shoulder. I’ve been going to therapy and it’s feeling much better, no big projects for a while.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    I could not get the transfer pump started so I let gravity do it for me. This organizing stuff is feeling like it is over rated ! It beats me up every spring from not being real active all winter.
    After seeing what I am facing ....setting up my hot blueing tanks out there may be a bridge to far for this summer. I have a couple guns I want to do & may end up just doing it for a day then tear it back down.
    Old Ron said:
    I could not get the transfer pump started so I let gravity do it for me. This organizing stuff is feeling like it is over rated ! It beats me up every spring from not being real active all winter.
    After seeing what I am facing ....setting up my hot blueing tanks out there may be a bridge to far for this summer. I have a couple guns I want to do & may end up just doing it for a day then tear it back down.
    The nice thing about south central Texas is we don’t get much of anything winter wise so I stay at it all year round.
    i wish I had more gun smith equipment, as I get older I wonder if I really should invest in more equipment at my age but then again I figured at least another 15-20 years of tinkering with stuff.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    If you keep your eyes open for tools they will pop up. I started with just 1 set of good screwdrivers . Let me know timc what you are looking for & I too will look for you. I would bet there many on here that will do the same thing for you.
    Old Ron said:
    If you keep your eyes open for tools they will pop up. I started with just 1 set of good screwdrivers . Let me know timc what you are looking for & I too will look for you. I would bet there many on here that will do the same thing for you.
    I have a good supply of hand tools, wrenches, sight tools and other necessities for gunsmithing but none of the big money equipment. Bluing vats, a good metal lath is on my want list and will probably come sooner or later.
    Well I am here to help ya there lol
    You have all you need to build your own hot tanks .... I made my own.
    Blueing is the easy part.
    Where practice is needed is in the prep work.
    You will need good files of all sizes......emery papers......buffers of all sizes....loads of polish
    When you can make metal look like a mirror then you move to blueing.
    If I was you I would get my tanks built & once you get a good file & polish then cold blue & soak in one of your tanks with oil in. That is the easy way to see if your polishing is up to snuff.
    With hot tanks you will need a lot of safety equipment & a well ventilated area to work in.
    ( that is why I moved my hot tanks to the country shop )
    Here is a few pictures of things I use to prep guns & all kinds of stuff.
    I guess it will only let you post 2 pictures at a time .
    That list will keep you busy spending money .......in case you had no plans for money just laying around. LOL
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 725 Senior Member
    timc said:
    I had some help....

Only problem is it it doesn’t lay brick!
    This is what you needed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktbna1nR198
    Wow I would luv to have that set up to do my driveway
    I don't think him tapping on those moved them.
    Old Ron said:
    That list will keep you busy spending money .......in case you had no plans for money just laying around. LOL
    Old Ron said:
    My biggest problems are no time and no money! I’ve run the tab up pretty high lately with all I have done for the shop so far. Right now is fund building time, I’ll get back at it in a few months when the bank account corrects itself, I like to pay cash as I go and don’t want any debt.
    timc said:
    I had some help....

Only problem is it it doesn’t lay brick!
    This is what you needed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktbna1nR198
    This was a huge help, nice to have friends with cool equipment!
    This weekend I have no big plans, shoulder almost back to normal so I’m feeling good. Weekend is here and weather is beautiful, I’m sitting on the back porch celebrating my Irish heritage with a nice glass of Jameson’s  Black barrel, it’s been a rough week at my real job!
    That's the way to do it timc.
    I have been fighting with a chest cold the last few days so not firing on all cylinders yet.
    I don't get sick often so this kinda ticks me off a bit.
    No progress to report on around the caves. I have been thinking about trying to put some of my treasures on cregslist thing. I have a feeling tire kickers will not put me in a good mood.
    Never know maybe the internet stuff will build up my stash for toys.
    Did you stop all projects timc ?