Ocala teacher accused of drowning raccoons with students during class

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 31,732 Senior Member
Not so bright a way to dispose of them, especially in this day and age. And in a class full of students with Smart Phones.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/teacher-drowns-wild-raccoon-during-agriculture-class-parent-says

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,732 Senior Member
    Oh well, at least it weren't kittens or puppies.......they would have strung him up by now fer that...................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,309 Senior Member
    ...and?

Seriously, the school district probably still dissects frogs, worms, and fetal pigs- AND serves chicken and beef in the cafeteria. 

It's an Ag class.  Death is a VITAL part of agriculture, especially death of harmful varmints.  If the kids can't handle that, better to learn it now so they can start taking Home Ec classes instead.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,739 Senior Member
    It just failed it's swimming lesson!! No big deal!
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,988 Senior Member
    ...and?

Seriously, the school district probably still dissects frogs, worms, and fetal pigs- AND serves chicken and beef in the cafeteria. 

It's an Ag class.  Death is a VITAL part of agriculture, especially death of harmful varmints.  If the kids can't handle that, better to learn it now so they can start taking Home Ec classes instead.
    While death is part of, and caused by, life,  a simple shot to the head is the humane way to dispatch the offending critter. 
    Now, any teacher dumb enough to drown raccoons in front of students in today's day and age, maybe isn't smart enough to be teaching.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,486 Senior Member
    edited May 16 #6
    The one I saw this morning would have put up a fight to remember. Must have went over 30 pounds or more.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,006 Senior Member
    Seriously, has the guy never heard of .22 shorts? 

Other than being a dumbass for allowing witnesses, especially underage ones, I see nothing wrong with nuisance varmits. 

He really should have had a deeper barrel though. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,213 Senior Member
    Lest we forget about the laws relating to firearms on school property, drowning was the only practical way to kill it at school but doing it in class and in front of the students was poor judgement.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,732 Senior Member
    Bunny Huggers will probably accuse him of Waterboarding the critter to death!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,705 Senior Member
    I have no problem with ending the life of critters for a bunch of different reasons, all justified.  But this guy made some sort of spectacle out of it for reasons that are way beyond my mental capacity and that will end his career.  This was no "learning experience".  Dumb, how could he not see this coming.  Sometimes I think folks that do stuff like this do it on purpose...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,006 Senior Member
    Lest we forget about the laws relating to firearms on school property, drowning was the only practical way to kill it at school but doing it in class and in front of the students was poor judgement.
    I would not advise shooting the offending vermin on school property or even in town. Hell I would not have advised to dispose of the vermin in front of the kids either. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,875 Senior Member
    No problem with doing what he did... how he did it was stupid.   Like See Pee Jay says; not understanding how this would play out calls his teaching ability into question.  Realizing that students and their parents would be upset seems like "Teaching 101" to me. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin