SE Shoot 2018

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,181 Senior Member
    Sliced and cooked on the griddle works much better. I still need to make it stiffer though (TWSS).
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,979 Senior Member
    Polenta fries batch #2 made it to the test fryer. It was an utter disaster. Cut into fries, frozen, then tossed into hot oil, the polenta essentially dissolved and made a hugh jass mess. Part of it was came out as greasy goo, some of it was some very tasty type cracklins. I am going to try batch 3 now with less water in the polenta, cut the onions out, and back off on the salt even more.
    Dude. Quit reinventing the wheel. 
    Know what's good? Actually **** DELICIOUS? 
    Your hush puppies. Make those. Be done. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,548 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    +1
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,104 Senior Member
    Do you add boiling water to the cornmeal? If so, that's hot water corn bread.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    edited May 17 #426
    Well my shoot hopes just got shot. I won't be making it. I have to be here for my Grandson's graduation which I thought was going to happen earlier. He's counting on me to be there. I have been trying to get him all week, he works, and just caught up with him and he informed me graduation is on the 25th. I was thinking it was the week before like his sisters was a couple years back. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do so I'll have to wait til next year.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,581 Senior Member
    Well nuts, there Snake! I'll fire off a round or two in your honor - hope to see ya next year.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,710 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Big Chief said:
    Think I'll wait and hit Walmart after I get there. Go to Teach's Friday morning and leave my guns there for safekeeping cause I don't wanna leave them in the hotel room or Walmart parking lot unattended.

That way Mrs Mary and folks can tell me what is needed and I'll go get it.

I think they said there was one about 20 miles away in Fayetteville??????
    Big Chief, if ya want some company on that trip we can go together. I need to get some 'stuff', too. :)

Sound like a plan. Is that road to Fayetteville where we turn or fork left at the BBQ joint on the way, but instead keep right? 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Maybe we will see some Photogenic Walmartians........................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,145 Senior Member
    edited May 17 #430
    Big Chief said:
    Maybe we will see some Photogenic Walmartians........................

Send me a phone number so we can check in with you when we get there, hey.

I have a need for speed
    Scary mask animated emoticon
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,026 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Polenta fries batch #2 made it to the test fryer. It was an utter disaster. Cut into fries, frozen, then tossed into hot oil, the polenta essentially dissolved and made a hugh jass mess. Part of it was came out as greasy goo, some of it was some very tasty type cracklins. I am going to try batch 3 now with less water in the polenta, cut the onions out, and back off on the salt even more.
    This!
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    We usually go the Walmart for lunch on Fri
    I have a need for speed
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,993 Senior Member
    edited May 17 #434
    Big Chief said:
    tennmike said:
    Big Chief said:
    Think I'll wait and hit Walmart after I get there. Go to Teach's Friday morning and leave my guns there for safekeeping cause I don't wanna leave them in the hotel room or Walmart parking lot unattended.

That way Mrs Mary and folks can tell me what is needed and I'll go get it.

I think they said there was one about 20 miles away in Fayetteville??????
    Big Chief, if ya want some company on that trip we can go together. I need to get some 'stuff', too. :)

Sound like a plan. Is that road to Fayetteville where we turn or fork left at the BBQ joint on the way, but instead keep right? 
    From the No Tell Motel, we just head East on 64 to Fayetteville(I come through there on the way to Teach's). Or we could go to Pulaksi to the West on 64. I don't know which is closer, or where the Wally Marts are in either. I'll look it up on the internet and see where they are.

Just checked. The Walmart Superstore in Fayetteville is on Highway 431 so it will be EASY for me to find!
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

cpj said:
    But that doesn't create a new way to use Woodsrunner's cornmeal.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,613 Senior Member
    There's a Walmart in downtown Pulaski.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
    cpj said:
    Who cares? We like hush puppies. 
    Zee
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,201 Senior Member
    edited May 17 #438
    They are some good hushpuppies

Just go to Athens, Al, they have a Wal-Mart and lots of places to eat right near the interstate.  Then go a few miles down 565 and hit up Larry's west.  Lots of antique guns in cases to view, a gatling gun, an old German crew served machine gun and a bunch of old shotguns hanging on the walls.  Its like a mini gun museum, Larry and his dad have been collecting for decades.  Oh they sell stuff too.
    Current local forecast says 85 and a 40% chance of rain Friday and Saturday.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    edited May 17 #439
    Pulaski is easy-------you can see it off to the right from 64 about 12 miles or so up the road from the motel.
    I have a need for speed
    I will be going to Walmart from Teach's.......after I drop my guns off, not the motel. 18.6 miles from Dellrose on Hwy 273 and it looks like it merges with 64 and is south of town on 431.

Unless there is a closer or easier one to get to.  
    Or to Pulaski 22.8 miles from Dellrose. Whichever has better roads and less traffic??????
    Big Chief said:
    Or to Pulaski 22.8 miles from Dellrose. Whichever has better roads and less traffic??????

Never more than 2-3 cars going to the Pulaski WW
    I have a need for speed
    cpj said:
    I had a lot of trouble trying to cook hot water corn bead the first few times I tried. use no more water than necessary. Then I freeze them.
    Now I'm getting excited.  A few days of good food, good beer, good shooting, good food, general jackassery, good food, and no arguing and bitching. And good food. 
    Zee
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,590 Senior Member
    I know he was a perv, but iv'e used his polenta recipe and it works.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqOmXr_hWsA
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,472 Senior Member
    You could try making them a bit 'drier' and then making a very thin beer batter to coat them with before frying. The beer batter might make them hold together...........i
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member

From the motel at exit 14, the Pulaski Walmart is closer by a bit.  However- - - -the Fayetteville Walmart has a pretty well-stocked reloading department.  Only one I know of in a Wally World for several counties around!

Jerry

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,201 Senior Member
    edited May 18 #448
    Hazel green has reloading stuff in WM.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    orchidman said:
    You could try making them a bit 'drier' and then making a very thin beer batter to coat them with before frying. The beer batter might make them hold together...........i
    Or, he could just make the hush puppies that are proven and that everyone loved. 

Zee
    Teach said:

From the motel at exit 14, the Pulaski Walmart is closer by a bit.  However- - - -the Fayetteville Walmart has a pretty well-stocked reloading department.  Only one I know of in a Wally World for several counties around!

Jerry

Now that sounds good to me to checkout the one in Fayetteville.
    cpj said:
    Or, he could just make the hush puppies that are proven and that everyone loved. 

And the recipe is posted on this forum so everyone can enjoy them any time they want using Bumpy Road Farms Heirloom Cornmeal. Shut up and go build some rifle rests. Everyone loves them.

Quit interfering with Science. Batches 3 and 4 are going now.